Starbucks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Barista - Starbucks
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a call back for an interview within 2 business days. Had the interview at a Starbucks hiring fair during the weekend when the store was closed. Lots of other applicants, many managers interviewing at once. Completed the first interview and was immediately set up for a second interview on the spot with another manager. At the end of the interview, I asked if when I would hear back and they said within the next week. Received a job offer within the next 2 business days, albeit at a new store location rather than the one I applied for. Very efficient process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Starbucks?   Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Barista - Starbucks
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in December 2013.

Interview Details – First I had a screening interview on the phone with the store assistant manager. After I passed, I was invited to the store for an in-person interview with the assistant manager as well as the store manager. After a serious of random questions that involved how you deal with criticism, working in teamwork, etc,, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – How do you deal with criticism?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got a phone call within 2 days of applying. got through first interview smoothly. was done at the back room, very friendly supervisor, great atmosphere. Got a second interview as well but couldnt make it cause I had something booked that day. they were nice enough to reschedule for me. Never got to go to the second interview because I accepted another job

Interview Question – very general questions, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – accepted another opportunity

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2013.

Interview Details – For the Shift Supervisor position, you will usually have an interview with the Store Manager following an interview with the District Manager if the first one goes well. They will ask you questions about yourself. Your answers should follow the STAR approach. State the situation, task, analysis, result. Hypothetical questions are out of the question. State an instance where to explain the question. I was hired right then and there at my second interview. In fact, they were so prepared, I got my schedule and start date 2 minutes after the interview. As for suggestions, Sbux offers you a drink. It would be great if you could say the exact name of the drink and size (e.g. Tall, Grande, Venti). Accept the drink because it makes you look comfortable.

Interview Question – Why Starbucks?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They are negotiating my pay.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2013.

Interview Details – I subscribe to Jobrapido and this job was advertised there. I received the notice in my email.

I was instructed to proceed to the Starbucks website, which I did. I completed the initial forms and waited for their confirmation. I received an email instructing me to follow a link to an online quiz which would take approximately 1 hour. Be prepared to read profit and loss statements and give timed answers to this particular part of the quiz. There are a number of scenario questions i.e.: What would you do if or when...

I received a telephone call about 2 weeks later and was left a phone message to call the recruiting officer in Vancouver. I did, and we set up an initial interview time for a couple of days later. The next part gets really interesting. I own a part time business and have an 800 number. I wanted to see if the Starbucks company was like most - and they are, or at least the people who do the interviewing are. I told the recruiter that she could use my 800 number if she wanted to just to see what she would say. She was surprised that I had an 800 number. She thanked me and said she would contact me at our mutually agreed to time. Can you believe that when I answered the telephone call, the recruiter said that she had lost my 800 number and could I give it to her again!!!! Unfortunately, I did, and the 50 minute telephone interview with Starbucks was on my dime!

That was a clear warning to me that I probably shouldn't work for this company. I didn't bring up salary in my second telephone interview (probably on my dime too - I don't have the phone bill yet) but was told that the salary was $2,000 less than the job description I was applying to. It makes you wonder.

I was thanked for my time and told that there were a number of applicants for this position to be interviewed. If I qualified for a 1:1, I would be contacted.

The recruiter was very friendly and thorough. I think I asked a couple of in depth company questions too many. They don't seem to like to give too much information or maybe their recruiters just don't know.

Interview Question – There were many behavioral questions. Also, I was asked to give specific examples of how I would handle situations with angry customers, a time when I had to discipline a staff member, and what did I know about the company. Do your homework because she seemed to like that I did know some things about the company.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2011.

Interview Details – I walked in a store and ask the process for application. You have to fill in online application, it was lengthy and differenty types of questions

Interview Question – There was not difficult or unexpected question during my interview   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and the next day I got a call for a man. He was really nice over the phone, laughing, and making little jokes. We scheduled an interview two days later.

I was 5 mins early. I wore my hair down, blue silk/black laced sleeveless shirt, and a mini skirt. Shoes, I wore black high heel peep-toes. Make-up was worn natural. The man on the phone was the one who interviewed me. He was the manager, he was really nice and made me feel welcomed and relaxed. We got along. He asked a few turns, and then we took turns asking each other question about the job. Basically, all his questions were "Have you ever been in (this) ___________ situation, and what did you do to solve it?"

The next day he calls me to tell me that I got the job. He really liked that I was enthusiastic, positive, and that I asked personal questions about his career because it shows that I care not only about the job, but the environment and the people around me.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just be happy, positive and enthusiastic. Show them that not only do you care about getting the job, but the people that you will be working with and for.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted an application on the Starbucks Canada website. Got a call from one of the stores a few days later and did a mini phone interview where the manager got to know my personality. He asked me to come in later in the day for an in-person interview. When I went in later for my interview (with a complimentary free drink!) we sat down and talked pretty casually. He asked me questions about myself and my previous work experience (things from my application. Then went through scenario questions such as "How would you deal with an angry customer?" or "Have you ever had a conflict with a co-worker and what did you do about it?". Pretty straightforward. Afterwards he told me he was sending me to a second interview with another manager at another store (his mentor). Went to the second interview a few days later and it was a bit more formal but he asked the same questions basically. Told me I would get a call in a couple of days from the first manager. Got a call a little more than a week later with an offer for the job and accepted.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a conflict with a co-worker and what did you do about it?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No real negotiations. Mostly just about availability and the schedule since I am a student.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2012.

Interview Details – Very structured interview that they came up with lots of good questions.

Interview Question – How would you deal with angry customers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There weren't any negotiations. I had to take the job as it is

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – online application, phone interview, manger interview

Interview Question – How would you handle a demanding customer during a rush hour?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks interview questions and advice in Toronto, ON. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees and interview candidates.