Starbucks

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Supervisor Interview

Springfield, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very well organized interview process. It was very thorough and consisted of very great questionnaires.

Interview Question – If I had ever had a problem with a coworker and what I did to deal with and try resolving it   Answer Question

Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, and was immediately (20 minutes) called by the assistant manager of the store. We scheduled an individual, in person interview. She was very friendly during the interview, although I'm sure this is an individual thing. After that interview she asked me to come in for a second interview with the store manager. We arranged that, and after the second interview I was offered the job. The questions were mostly about my prior experience in work environments and my attitude and ability to learn new things. It was very casual and laid back.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

Interview Details – the process took atleast an hour. i was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Question – nothing really, all are basic questions about working exp. and stuff, they also ask about previous experiences and how i deal with it.   Answer Question

Glen Allen, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

Interview Details – Stress free and fun!

Interview Question – Nothing, everything was straight and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The base pay is set.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is great but once you hit the training there is no body en charge to train you and all is about the DM likes you or not. Need very cultural and business paradigm shift. They may have 21000 stores today but no guarantee for tomorrow.

Interview Question – Expired foods are encouraed to be sold after two days (breakfast sandwichs, ice coffee are very expired more than ten hours, cleanliness is is a concern for two times a year till they pass a QASA assesments ... etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing to this company

Fairfax, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks.

Interview Details – General what would you do questions read off a paper. Questions seemed very computerized and cookie cutter.Also the questions seemed very Manager did not seem to happy and did not bother to ask any questions about me or my work history. Overall you could tell that not even the employees wanted to be there.

Burke, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and set up an interview date over the phone. Gave a short 15 minute interview and set up another date for training through a computer and signing papers and going over company policy and information. Went through a second training after that, both of which I was paid for.

Interview Question – If it was a customers birthday, name three things you would recommend them to buy.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2010.

Interview Details – I went to my local starbucks and got an interview form. I was then called for my interview and it was very laid back. I shortly received an answer about my job and I was hired

Sterling, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is a very simple and easy job interview process as they just ask you few questions regarding your customer service experience in your first experience and in the final interview with the District Manager they just ask everything about you.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you have gone out of your way to provide best customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes, there offer was good and if you are a full time employee you get a raise every six months.

Ashburn, VA

I interviewed at Starbucks in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy going interview. Was asked a series of questions in the format of "explain a time when" or "have you ever been in a situation". Very easy questions if you know how to answer or have prepared!

Interview Question – I can't remember   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starbucks

Worked for Starbucks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starbucks interview questions and advice in Virginia. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starbucks employees and interview candidates.