Starbucks

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.2

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks.

You fill out the application online. A store manager calls you in for an interview, and you met with them. If you do well during that interview you will meet with another store manager, or the district manager for that district. In less than two weeks you will hear back from the first manager on whether or not you received the job.

None. One base pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2014.

filled out application online and got a call two weeks later to come in for an interview. When I checked in with Barista, I was offered a drink while I waited for the manager. She told me that she just wanted to know a little about me then she would read me some questions and tell me about the company. Just basic questions like where are you from, why are you interested in this position at Starbucks, etc. Then she went through the standard interview questions like "how do you handle projects and your time" "do you work well in teams?" "what would you do if you saw an employee ding something wrong"

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a problem/disagreement with a manager or professor, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

The questions are fairly simple. You need to demonstrate energy and enthusiasm. You sit and meet different regional managers and do group questions in one of the locations.

Interview Questions
    • They asked you about a time when you faced a challenge in a previous job where you had to tell on a coworker. How did you handle it?   View Answer
    no negotiation but there is room for growth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in April 2014.

I applied throughout the webpage and the process was smoothly. I was interview by the store manager. At the beginning of the process, she called me and made me some questions related to my personal information and why I applied to Starbucks. We made an appointment and 3 days later we had a face to face interview, which run smoothly. She was very friendly, we introduce each other and made some behavioral questions: Tell me a time when you had a problem with a customer and what did you do? A time when you had a problem with a partner and what did you do to solve it? what did you do when you realized that one of your partners was doing a task wrong? If you have a lot of customers, how do you take their orders?? A time when you felt overwhelm of work, What did you do?. A week later I had other interview with another store manager; she was also very friendly and made me some other behavioral questions. Finally, I got a call 5 days later confirming that I was accepted.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question, If you haven't experienced the situation implied in a question, you should be sincere and tell your interviewer this; however, the best answer is to tell him how you would react if you experience that situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Barista Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2014.

Applied online, followed up by popping by the store to see if they got my application, waited for interview appointment call. Within a few days, I had a one-to-one Interview appointment, which was short and to the point. The store was busy at the time. Everyone seemed friendly that was working there so I took the offer to start work. :)

Interview Questions
    • Asked how would I respond to impatient or grumpy customers, to see if I was customer service centered or if I'd let my temper or ego show. I said the customer is always right and smiled.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating about hourly wage. Be flexible on hours as much as possible but definitely say if you have any restricted availablility (for a good reason like when you're in class or if you have another committment/job).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks in January 2014.

the process took atleast an hour. i was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really, all are basic questions about working exp. and stuff, they also ask about previous experiences and how i deal with it.   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in December 2013.

It took me 3 years to be promoted to Assistant manager. failed 3 interviews by 6 different district managers who don't know your worth ethic or you. very nerve wracking. Once i got to assistant the training is short and horrible. I did not get to finish training i don't think. I was a manager with my own store for over a year and got a DM who failed my on my last interview and had to come back and tell me I was promoted after a "round table discussion". After this she had a vendetta. Never had write ups before this and she gave me 3 over a 6 month period and was terminated. I wrote howard shultz a letter and partner resources contacted me back. not Howard. I tried to fight for my job but even though I was there 7 years and believe I was wrongfully terminated they didn't care. I now have to find a new career at age 37. The interview process is ridiculous. Good luck if you want anything quickly.

Interview Questions
    • All of the interview questions they make difficult. They want to hear how you got out of a tough situation. You may not have had one so you have to make up a situation just to answer the question. My store manager had to coach me on how to answer the questions with the "Starbuck's Lingo". Pretty ridiculous. If you thought you answered the questions perfectly. you didn't! You probably failed. They do not pass anyone on their first interview! remember "It's JUST coffee!"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

General what would you do questions read off a paper. Questions seemed very computerized and cookie cutter.Also the questions seemed very Manager did not seem to happy and did not bother to ask any questions about me or my work history. Overall you could tell that not even the employees wanted to be there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in May 2013.

Submitted application online through the Starbucks website. Received a phone call within 3 weeks to have an in-person interview. Went to the Starbucks for the interview, which took about 45 minutes. Received another phone call within a couple days to offer job, and give consent for a background check (n.b. all employees must undergo a background check).

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when a colleague was breaking company rules or protocol. What did you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation because all new baristas start at $9.00/hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks.

Very easy interview process. It took a long time though because there were very many applicants. Basically I handed in my hard copy of my application then got a call a few weeks later to schedule an interview. I came in and was interviewed at the Starbucks.