Starbucks Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The overall experience was good, the hiring manager was very nice and friendly. I came 10 minutes early so they gave me a free beverage while I waited. Once the interview started it was mostly personality based questions and situational questions. "What would you do in ...."and after the questions she just asked if I knew the job description and such. I was then scheduled for another interview with the store manager.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Same thing as everyone else. Application, online job tryout, phone interview, than in person panel with the District Managers. A disclaimer would be appropriate: Starbucks, without a doubt, is an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME company to work for. They treat their partners and manager wonderfully. I had a great time interviewing, but after some research, it just wasn't a good fit for me. I just recently came out of a very toxic work environment where I was a manager in an unrelated industry. After a lot of research, I've found that external management had a higher turnover rate (80%). Why? Well there's a little bit of turmoil within the Starbucks brand with management being hired from the outside. Seems that many partners are unhappy with this, and lock in on external managers. After my most recent management experience in a volatile environment, I don't think I have it in me to tolerate bad attitudes and bullying baristas. On top of that, the demands of running a Starbucks are pressuring enough. Wouldn't want to come into a reputable company so jaded. Not worth the risk of being thrown to the wolves. Maybe later down the road, but for now I'm actually considering going back into an entry level position and avoiding management for a little while. Hopefully this will not deter someone else with thicker skin to tackle the position. I'm sure it's a great experience, and a lot of growth potential. Thanks so much, Starbucks. Just not mentally where I need to be for me to be of any good service for your brand.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions regarding your work history, and ability to lead. Also very community based.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks (Arlington, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

The online application is lengthy. Didn't hear anything for over a month. Received a phone interview first deceiving the job, pay, hours. Wanted to know if I was still interested. Then went into the store for a face to face interview. Manager was very nice, talked about Starbucks policies, mission statement, what I was looking for. Hours I could work. Over all a very relaxing interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks (Washington, DC).

Interview

You fill out the application online. A store manager calls you in for an interview, and you met with them. If you do well during that interview you will meet with another store manager, or the district manager for that district. In less than two weeks you will hear back from the first manager on whether or not you received the job.

Negotiation

None. One base pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Clinton, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

filled out application online and got a call two weeks later to come in for an interview. When I checked in with Barista, I was offered a drink while I waited for the manager. She told me that she just wanted to know a little about me then she would read me some questions and tell me about the company. Just basic questions like where are you from, why are you interested in this position at Starbucks, etc. Then she went through the standard interview questions like "how do you handle projects and your time" "do you work well in teams?" "what would you do if you saw an employee ding something wrong"

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a problem/disagreement with a manager or professor, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks (Arlington, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Why do you want to work here, how long, what do you know about coffee, what are you skills ect. Nothing was too in depth, though you should definitely know something about coffee, and the mission statement, as well as accept the free coffee. Just relax and be personable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Arlington, VA).

Interview

The questions are fairly simple. You need to demonstrate energy and enthusiasm. You sit and meet different regional managers and do group questions in one of the locations.

Interview Questions

• They asked you about a time when you faced a challenge in a previous job where you had to tell on a coworker. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation but there is room for growth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks (Rockville, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied throughout the webpage and the process was smoothly. I was interview by the store manager. At the beginning of the process, she called me and made me some questions related to my personal information and why I applied to Starbucks. We made an appointment and 3 days later we had a face to face interview, which run smoothly. She was very friendly, we introduce each other and made some behavioral questions: Tell me a time when you had a problem with a customer and what did you do? A time when you had a problem with a partner and what did you do to solve it? what did you do when you realized that one of your partners was doing a task wrong? If you have a lot of customers, how do you take their orders?? A time when you felt overwhelm of work, What did you do?. A week later I had other interview with another store manager; she was also very friendly and made me some other behavioral questions. Finally, I got a call 5 days later confirming that I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question, If you haven't experienced the situation implied in a question, you should be sincere and tell your interviewer this; however, the best answer is to tell him how you would react if you experience that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Barista Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Starbucks (Waldorf, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, followed up by popping by the store to see if they got my application, waited for interview appointment call. Within a few days, I had a one-to-one Interview appointment, which was short and to the point. The store was busy at the time. Everyone seemed friendly that was working there so I took the offer to start work. :)

Interview Questions

• Asked how would I respond to impatient or grumpy customers, to see if I was customer service centered or if I'd let my temper or ego show. I said the customer is always right and smiled.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating about hourly wage. Be flexible on hours as much as possible but definitely say if you have any restricted availablility (for a good reason like when you're in class or if you have another committment/job).

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starbucks (Fredericksburg, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

the process took atleast an hour. i was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• nothing really, all are basic questions about working exp. and stuff, they also ask about previous experiences and how i deal with it.   Answer Question