Starbucks

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Largo, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Friday. Got a call a week and a day later on a Saturday, they asked me a couple questions and then scheduled an interview for the upcoming Monday. My interviewer said she would call my references and get back to me by Wednesday. I got a call on Tuesday with the job offer.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were scenario based. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2010.

Interview Details – I went to my local starbucks and got an interview form. I was then called for my interview and it was very laid back. I shortly received an answer about my job and I was hired

Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2013.

Interview Details – It involved two separate in person interviews at different locations. I first interviewed with the manager at the store I was applying to and was then sent a few days later to interview at a second location with another manager. (It seemed like that was their policy, they need two opinions if the principal store has no assistant manager... mine doesn't). The questions were situational and the interview was very relaxed. I was called back two days later with an offer. Overall a very straightforward and painless process.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you have seen a co-worker breaking policy or doing something wrong. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sterling, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is a very simple and easy job interview process as they just ask you few questions regarding your customer service experience in your first experience and in the final interview with the District Manager they just ask everything about you.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you have gone out of your way to provide best customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes, there offer was good and if you are a full time employee you get a raise every six months.

Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2012.

Interview Details – You are interviewed by two managers, the head and assistant. Both interviews are extremely similar and well stream-lined, being a list of questions meant to span the breadth of who you are as a worker, less as a person. They deal primarily with past service, focusing on your ability to handle pressure situations and unexpected happenings. The process of the interview also gives management an idea of your people skills, judging your ability to connect and reason with a stranger -- a very important aspect of Starbucks. We learn about our customers.

Interview Question – Describe a time when a customer or guest left it difficult for you to be civil and in control. Describe how you handled the situation, and what, if any, complications arose from the incident.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little negotiation phase. Entry level employees have a guaranteed base pay of $8.50/hr plus weekly cash tips (taxed).

Ashburn, VA

I interviewed at Starbucks in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy going interview. Was asked a series of questions in the format of "explain a time when" or "have you ever been in a situation". Very easy questions if you know how to answer or have prepared!

Interview Question – I can't remember   Answer Question

Falls Church, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and listed four store locations at which I was interested in working. The application consisted of a long questionnaire about previous experience, work ethic, and interpersonal skills. There was also a place to enter work experience, along the lines of a traditional resume. I received a phone call within one week. I interviewed at a single store. The interview lasted between thirty and forty minutes with the store manager, and I was offered the job at the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Question – How and whether have you had to cope with an employee, including a person of the same experience level, who was not able to perform his or her job take effectively?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, I did not ask about hourly wage and I was not interested in negotiating in any case.

Washington, DC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2010.

Interview Details – Went well... was easy I just looked her in the eye directly and answered based on passed experiences

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and a recruiter call in three days. the recruiter was great and well knowledge. we did a phone interview the next day. make sire you look up behavioral questions before interviewing. after phone interview was told he was very impress with my answer and wanted to set up a interview with the dm. two days later called back and set up a interview.two dm was present, one ask questions and one wrote ur answer. also offer me a cup of coffee. the store was very busy, but the staff was excellent. the interview last for a hour and they told me thr recruiter will be back in touch with me. the recruiter call to say they have very positive thing from the interview and wanted to proceed with a background check.background check came back in a week and they me made me a offer and i accepted. truly a great company to work for. they really care about the people working for them. top quality company.

Interview Questions

• what was a time you was not able to meet customers demand   Answer Question
  • Describe the time when you have made changes that reflect postive results   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You would have to look at your particular market, that will decide ur pay, i gave them amount and they offer me more.

McLean, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2012.

Interview Details – My local Starbucks advertised a job fair later in the week on Thursday, so I went there after filling out an application online. Once there, I had a 1:1 interview with one manager. I passed that interview, so I went onto the second group interview with 2 managers. The questions were basic and simple, and we were asked to do a coffee tasting. They told us that we would get a call by Tuesday. I got the call Sunday, and my local manager asked me to come in to do some paperwork and I got the job.

Interview Question – Why Starbucks?   Answer Question