Starbucks

Getting the Interview

23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sterling, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is a very simple and easy job interview process as they just ask you few questions regarding your customer service experience in your first experience and in the final interview with the District Manager they just ask everything about you.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you have gone out of your way to provide best customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes, there offer was good and if you are a full time employee you get a raise every six months.

Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Starbucks in August 2012.

Interview Details – You are interviewed by two managers, the head and assistant. Both interviews are extremely similar and well stream-lined, being a list of questions meant to span the breadth of who you are as a worker, less as a person. They deal primarily with past service, focusing on your ability to handle pressure situations and unexpected happenings. The process of the interview also gives management an idea of your people skills, judging your ability to connect and reason with a stranger -- a very important aspect of Starbucks. We learn about our customers.

Interview Question – Describe a time when a customer or guest left it difficult for you to be civil and in control. Describe how you handled the situation, and what, if any, complications arose from the incident.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little negotiation phase. Entry level employees have a guaranteed base pay of $8.50/hr plus weekly cash tips (taxed).

Ashburn, VA

I interviewed at Starbucks in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy going interview. Was asked a series of questions in the format of "explain a time when" or "have you ever been in a situation". Very easy questions if you know how to answer or have prepared!

Interview Question – I can't remember   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Falls Church, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and listed four store locations at which I was interested in working. The application consisted of a long questionnaire about previous experience, work ethic, and interpersonal skills. There was also a place to enter work experience, along the lines of a traditional resume. I received a phone call within one week. I interviewed at a single store. The interview lasted between thirty and forty minutes with the store manager, and I was offered the job at the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Question – How and whether have you had to cope with an employee, including a person of the same experience level, who was not able to perform his or her job take effectively?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, I did not ask about hourly wage and I was not interested in negotiating in any case.

Washington, DC

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in June 2010.

Interview Details – Went well... was easy I just looked her in the eye directly and answered based on passed experiences

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and a recruiter call in three days. the recruiter was great and well knowledge. we did a phone interview the next day. make sire you look up behavioral questions before interviewing. after phone interview was told he was very impress with my answer and wanted to set up a interview with the dm. two days later called back and set up a interview.two dm was present, one ask questions and one wrote ur answer. also offer me a cup of coffee. the store was very busy, but the staff was excellent. the interview last for a hour and they told me thr recruiter will be back in touch with me. the recruiter call to say they have very positive thing from the interview and wanted to proceed with a background check.background check came back in a week and they me made me a offer and i accepted. truly a great company to work for. they really care about the people working for them. top quality company.

Interview Questions

• what was a time you was not able to meet customers demand   Answer Question
  • Describe the time when you have made changes that reflect postive results   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You would have to look at your particular market, that will decide ur pay, i gave them amount and they offer me more.

McLean, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Starbucks in February 2012.

Interview Details – My local Starbucks advertised a job fair later in the week on Thursday, so I went there after filling out an application online. Once there, I had a 1:1 interview with one manager. I passed that interview, so I went onto the second group interview with 2 managers. The questions were basic and simple, and we were asked to do a coffee tasting. They told us that we would get a call by Tuesday. I got the call Sunday, and my local manager asked me to come in to do some paperwork and I got the job.

Interview Question – Why Starbucks?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very pleasant with a face to face meeting with the store manager. They buy you a drink and want to get a feel for your personality asking you questions about your life and interests. It's very chit chatty for the first while, then they get into a very specific set of questions they have printed out with your online application, evidence of a highly sophisticated HR machine in the background but a very personal one on one feel at the interview. They ask a lot of "what would you do in this situation" questions, all revolving around customer service issues and dealing with angry or dissatisfied or dishonest customers.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a supervisor that did not respect you in front of customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. It's what they offer depending on the area and the cost of living. You can work your way up the ladder fairly quickly, but a first review won't come until 6 months. A raise is usually offered at the reviews but not always and initial salary is non-negotiable.

Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was simple and typical for any restaraunt position- how would you deal with angry customers, what would you do if someone complained, etc. The interview lastedabout 20 minutes and was very light, the manager offered me a drink and we interviewed outside on the patio. Both customers and employees at this location were friendly

Interview Question – When have you gone out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer because it was more than I was expecting

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Starbucks in July 2008.

Interview Details – I received a phone call a week after dropping the application off. The store manager asked me to come in that day. I went in the afternoon and on my way home she called and offered me a job. I started immediatly. Advise: Smile a lot, act big on customer service, don't say you don't like coffee if you really don't it's not a big deal. Be outgoing and professional.

Interview Question – Past customer service experiences/hypothetical questions   Answer Question