Starbucks

2.2

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

I applied online on a Friday. Got a call a week and a day later on a Saturday, they asked me a couple questions and then scheduled an interview for the upcoming Monday. My interviewer said she would call my references and get back to me by Wednesday. I got a call on Tuesday with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were scenario based. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starbucks in April 2013.

Hiring and interview process is great but once you hit the training there is no body en charge to train you and all is about the DM likes you or not. Need very cultural and business paradigm shift. They may have 21000 stores today but no guarantee for tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • Expired foods are encouraed to be sold after two days (breakfast sandwichs, ice coffee are very expired more than ten hours, cleanliness is is a concern for two times a year till they pass a QASA assesments ... etc   Answer Question
    nothing to this company

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burke, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burke, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2013.

Applied online and set up an interview date over the phone. Gave a short 15 minute interview and set up another date for training through a computer and signing papers and going over company policy and information. Went through a second training after that, both of which I was paid for.

Interview Questions
    • If it was a customers birthday, name three things you would recommend them to buy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2013.

It involved two separate in person interviews at different locations. I first interviewed with the manager at the store I was applying to and was then sent a few days later to interview at a second location with another manager. (It seemed like that was their policy, they need two opinions if the principal store has no assistant manager... mine doesn't). The questions were situational and the interview was very relaxed. I was called back two days later with an offer. Overall a very straightforward and painless process.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you have seen a co-worker breaking policy or doing something wrong. What did you do?   Answer Question
    none

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starbucks in October 2012.

Very well organized interview process. It was very thorough and consisted of very great questionnaires.

Interview Questions
    • If I had ever had a problem with a coworker and what I did to deal with and try resolving it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in August 2012.

You are interviewed by two managers, the head and assistant. Both interviews are extremely similar and well stream-lined, being a list of questions meant to span the breadth of who you are as a worker, less as a person. They deal primarily with past service, focusing on your ability to handle pressure situations and unexpected happenings. The process of the interview also gives management an idea of your people skills, judging your ability to connect and reason with a stranger -- a very important aspect of Starbucks. We learn about our customers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a customer or guest left it difficult for you to be civil and in control. Describe how you handled the situation, and what, if any, complications arose from the incident.   View Answer
    There was little negotiation phase. Entry level employees have a guaranteed base pay of $8.50/hr plus weekly cash tips (taxed).

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in March 2012.

I applied online and a recruiter call in three days. the recruiter was great and well knowledge. we did a phone interview the next day. make sire you look up behavioral questions before interviewing. after phone interview was told he was very impress with my answer and wanted to set up a interview with the dm. two days later called back and set up a interview.two dm was present, one ask questions and one wrote ur answer. also offer me a cup of coffee. the store was very busy, but the staff was excellent. the interview last for a hour and they told me thr recruiter will be back in touch with me. the recruiter call to say they have very positive thing from the interview and wanted to proceed with a background check.background check came back in a week and they me made me a offer and i accepted. truly a great company to work for. they really care about the people working for them. top quality company.

Interview Questions
    • what was a time you was not able to meet customers demand   Answer Question
    • Describe the time when you have made changes that reflect postive results   Answer Question
    You would have to look at your particular market, that will decide ur pay, i gave them amount and they offer me more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starbucks in February 2012.

My local Starbucks advertised a job fair later in the week on Thursday, so I went there after filling out an application online. Once there, I had a 1:1 interview with one manager. I passed that interview, so I went onto the second group interview with 2 managers. The questions were basic and simple, and we were asked to do a coffee tasting. They told us that we would get a call by Tuesday. I got the call Sunday, and my local manager asked me to come in to do some paperwork and I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starbucks in September 2011.

Very pleasant with a face to face meeting with the store manager. They buy you a drink and want to get a feel for your personality asking you questions about your life and interests. It's very chit chatty for the first while, then they get into a very specific set of questions they have printed out with your online application, evidence of a highly sophisticated HR machine in the background but a very personal one on one feel at the interview. They ask a lot of "what would you do in this situation" questions, all revolving around customer service issues and dealing with angry or dissatisfied or dishonest customers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a supervisor that did not respect you in front of customers?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase. It's what they offer depending on the area and the cost of living. You can work your way up the ladder fairly quickly, but a first review won't come until 6 months. A raise is usually offered at the reviews but not always and initial salary is non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starbucks in January 2011.

I applied online and listed four store locations at which I was interested in working. The application consisted of a long questionnaire about previous experience, work ethic, and interpersonal skills. There was also a place to enter work experience, along the lines of a traditional resume. I received a phone call within one week. I interviewed at a single store. The interview lasted between thirty and forty minutes with the store manager, and I was offered the job at the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How and whether have you had to cope with an employee, including a person of the same experience level, who was not able to perform his or her job take effectively?   Answer Question
    No, I did not ask about hourly wage and I was not interested in negotiating in any case.