Starcom MediaVest

Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.9

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starcom MediaVest in August 2014.

I applied for this position online with employee referral. I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Phone interview asked basic questions about my resume along with about 3 behavioral questions like "How do you handle pressure/deadline?" or "Any experience with project management", etc.

Media Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

phone interview assessing your speaking skills math question at the end and then bring in for 4 1-on-1 interviews including behavioral, and critical thinking based interviews. Typically meet with 2 supervisors, an AMD and a director.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

I applied in January for a media planning internship at Starcom. I was contacted fairly quickly for a phone interview. The HR rep asked pretty normal questions, including some simple mental math (20% of 40, what is the percentage of 1/3) and media-related questions. It seemed that this round was just to fish out people who were actually qualified. I got a second interview (also over the phone because I was abroad) and talked to a media planner who asked about working with a team, leadership and other typical workplace questions. She acted really interested in what specifically I wanted to do at Starcom.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to convince your boss of something   Answer Question

Media Manager Interview

Application done online. Had a total of three interviews. One HR interview, one by the General manager and the final interview with the Vice President. The HR round is about resume to see if the position is a fit. GM and VP had technical questions regarding the role and responsibilities handled in the past. Also was asked to plan a media strategy for a brand in a particular region.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked exact penetration numbers of various media vehicles like TV/ print / radio and digital for various metros of the country.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

2 interviews
    -lots of situational questions

Interview Questions
    • talk about a time when you were a leader in a group and faced a difficult member   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest in March 2014.

Asked about a half hour of questions in phone interview

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest in January 2014.

Applied online and was emailed within a few days to schedule phone interview.The interviewer was a bit impersonal. Asked standard questions regarding my strengths, weaknesses, and a challenge I had overcome.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest in November 2013.

Resume was given to HR by an acquaintance at the company. A long time afterwards they reached out and we had a very short phone interview with very standard questions and a walk-through of my background. I was brought in for an interview with 3 Directors which was again the standard questions. Pretty casual atmosphere. Finally, a couple weeks later, there was a case which had to be presented to a larger group of maybe 7 people. The specifics of the case's scenario were badly outdated and nobody seemed particularly interested. Throughout the process HR was noticeably slow and borderline incompetent.

Interview Questions
    • (asking myself) Should I wear a suit or go business casual?   View Answer
    MediaVest is not exactly renowned for their competitive pay... The offer was well below my expectations but I was able to get the to bring it up by 15%. I would encourage junior employees to be fairly aggressive in their negotiations, the HR processes at Publicis/SMV take forever so teams can be extremely short for long periods and are usually desperate to bring people in by the time an offer has been made.

Digital Intern Interview

2 interviews, over the phone

Media Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

Received an email setting up an initial phone interview, which lasted around 30 minutes. Standard behavior questions. Waited about 4 weeks for another email asking for an in office interview, which consisted of four 30 minute interviews with a range of supervisors and a director. Really nice people, with more behavioral questions, mostly finding out if you're a good fit for their team and company.

Interview Questions
    • When have you been in a situation where you either communicated too much or too little?   Answer Question