Starcom MediaVest Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

Interview

Initial phone interview was simple- basic questions about situations and a math question. The next phone interview was with four people, less basic and more difficult and situational. Times when leadership was used/ how was leadership used

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR followed by an all day interview in the office with several employees. The interview process was pretty rigorous as it took about 5 months for the entire process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by HR for a phone interview. She asked standard questions--tell me about yourself, what's 15% of 20, why media? A few days later I received an e-mail for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by four people at Spark at different levels of management. It was very repetitive and they take you into a room and one-by-one they alternate coming into the room. Two of the people were very nice whereas the other two were not at all. It felt like they had hated that they were interviewing me and that they were unhappy to be there. The last person I met with was a VP and she was intimidating and asked questions that were really difficult. I had been preparing for the interview for a few days and practiced with several friends that work in media companies and HR, and this interview felt like she was grilling me with very difficult questions and trying to test me. This is an entry-level position so I was very surprised by the level of difficulty. The first three interviews were standard behavioral questions whereas the last was very difficult and specific. My advice is to relax and not to be nervous. Practice all types of behavioral questions and make sure you can give examples and go into specifics with it.

Interview Questions

• Was there a strategy that you have used in a work position that failed when you used it in classroom, and if so, why did it fail and what did you do to fix it? Tell me about a time that you had someone in your group that wasn't pulling their weight.   Answer Question

Media Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple questions. They replied me after more than 2 months and that was when i emailed them. Mostly on my resume. The Biggest challenge and how did you tackled it. Are you willing to relocate? Where do you see yourself in SMV? The strength, and the reason of the mentioned strength.

Interview Questions

• The time where you have to work on multiple projects, Explain   Answer Question

Data and Reporting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

Interview

Short interview. Just asked me a few question on Excel and very basic. The guy who interviewed me was very chill. Then the very next day they called me saying I am hired and would like me to start as soon as possible

Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with general HR person, and then a second phone interview with the person I would actually be working for. They said I would hear back about a second interview within 2-3 weeks but it took them about a month. Second phone interview was more detailed and went into the specifics of the department I'd be working in if I got an offer.

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starcom MediaVest (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position online with employee referral. I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Phone interview asked basic questions about my resume along with about 3 behavioral questions like "How do you handle pressure/deadline?" or "Any experience with project management", etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom MediaVest (Chicago, IL).

Interview

phone interview assessing your speaking skills math question at the end and then bring in for 4 1-on-1 interviews including behavioral, and critical thinking based interviews. Typically meet with 2 supervisors, an AMD and a director.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

I applied in January for a media planning internship at Starcom. I was contacted fairly quickly for a phone interview. The HR rep asked pretty normal questions, including some simple mental math (20% of 40, what is the percentage of 1/3) and media-related questions. It seemed that this round was just to fish out people who were actually qualified. I got a second interview (also over the phone because I was abroad) and talked to a media planner who asked about working with a team, leadership and other typical workplace questions. She acted really interested in what specifically I wanted to do at Starcom.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince your boss of something   Answer Question

Media Manager Interview

Interview

Application done online. Had a total of three interviews. One HR interview, one by the General manager and the final interview with the Vice President. The HR round is about resume to see if the position is a fit. GM and VP had technical questions regarding the role and responsibilities handled in the past. Also was asked to plan a media strategy for a brand in a particular region.

Interview Questions

• Was asked exact penetration numbers of various media vehicles like TV/ print / radio and digital for various metros of the country.   Answer Question