Starcom MediaVest Media Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2014

3.3

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

phone interview assessing your speaking skills math question at the end and then bring in for 4 1-on-1 interviews including behavioral, and critical thinking based interviews. Typically meet with 2 supervisors, an AMD and a director.

Other Interview Reviews for Starcom MediaVest

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Starcom MediaVest in July 2013.

Applied online, had a phone interview, then in person interview. Month gaps in between. Mostly behavioral interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Starcom MediaVest in August 2013.

1:1 phone interview - easy. 9:30AM - 12:30 AM, lunch 12:30-2, Face to Face interview with 4 individuals

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you did not take a leadership role and why?   Answer Question

Media Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

Received an email setting up an initial phone interview, which lasted around 30 minutes. Standard behavior questions. Waited about 4 weeks for another email asking for an in office interview, which consisted of four 30 minute interviews with a range of supervisors and a director. Really nice people, with more behavioral questions, mostly finding out if you're a good fit for their team and company.

Interview Questions
    • When have you been in a situation where you either communicated too much or too little?   Answer Question

Media Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

A bit of time between interview, offer, and actual start date. Depends on whether or not they have seats open at the company. The interview process begins with a phone screening (10-15 mins) and then you get invited to the office. This consists of 4 interviews and a lunch afterward. HR will contact you within a few weeks to tell you if you've been recommend for hire or not, and things flow from there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't communicate well enough.   View Answer
    No negotiations at Media Associate level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Starcom MediaVest.

I initially applied online in late December, got a phone interview in late March, was then notified for an in person interview almost 2 months later in late May. Behavioral questions are asked as well as one to two math questions, mainly percentages. The interview should last 30 to 45 minutes, be sure to have situations in mind to tell.

Interview Questions
    • What action did you have to take to solve a problem quickly and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Starcom MediaVest in March 2013.

Phone Interview, asked basic behavioral questions like 'tell me about a time you faced adversity?" and then asked 'if you were at a restaurant with a group of friends and your bill was X amount, how much would a 15% tip be?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Starcom MediaVest in November 2009.

There was one phone interview and then they invited me to chicago right away. It was one long interview that was from 8am-12p and then an hour of lunch. I interviewed with three high level directors and all the questions focused on something differently.

Interview Questions
    • They questioned me about what I knew in media buying which I knew none at the time.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation-it was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starcom MediaVest in February 2012.

Applied for position online. Contacted 5 days later scheduling a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • What is 2/3 as a percentage   View Answer
    • Tell me about a long term goal you achieved, and walk through your steps to success   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Starcom MediaVest in November 2012.

They have a behavior testing approach. The interview took 3.5 hours with 4 different people. It was intense with all their questions starting with "Tell me a time when...."

Interview Questions
    • Some questions: Tell me a time you had to motivate someone, predicted a problem and how you avoided it, negotiate, etc.   Answer Question

Worked for Starcom MediaVest? Contribute to the Community!