Starcom USA

Updated Aug 3, 2014

2.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview process consisted of two rounds. First round is a phone based screening with someone at a mid-level or senior management level. Questions are mostly focused on the background of the candidate and how their experiences fit into the Starcom culture. The second round consists of 3 separate in person interviews across various levels of management seniority. In person round consists of various rigorous questions to test media acumen, managerial skills, leadership and communications.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation where you did not have all the necessary data to complete the exercise and how did you overcome the lack of information to provide a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Starcom USA in August 2013.

Contact from HR department to set up a phone interview a week later

Interview Questions
    • Math Question: 1/3 of 100 in percent form. 20% of 100
      Experience working as a team?
      Biggest challenge?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom USA in August 2013.

This is a very long process, so be prepared to wait. That being said, the interview experience, while intense, is a lot of fun for what it is. Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Behavioral questions and mental math questions are asked - very easy. If you move forward in the process you are invited into the office for a full day of interviews. You will meet with four employees (various levels of leadership) and have about 45 minutes with each. One right after the other. It is tiring, but stay on your game and it will be a great experience. I loved my interviewers and thought they were great. I also credit them for making me so excited about the position and the company. From there you are either recommended for hire or not. Then the waiting process begins for when you'll get an offer. After that, it's easy sailing to your (hopefully) dream job with this amazing company!

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, per se. It just gets tiring after four hours of back-to-back interviews. Stay sharp and know how to best highlight your experiences/skills in different scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom USA.

Received an email 2 months after I applied. Had a phone interview with HR. Then had a final interview in Chicago with four separate people for 3 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Starcom USA.

I'm still waiting to hear about a follow up interview. I interviewed close to two months ago.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest decision you've ever had to make? What is 2/3 in percentage form?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom USA.

Applied online--timed general knowledge test.
    Phone interview about 2 months later--unexpected math questions (i.e. percentages).
    Office interview--all day process, interview with 4 different people taken to lunch as a group after. Very long tiring day.

Disappointed to hear a year and a half later a friend of mine with no relevant experience got the job through a family member and by only attending an office interview with one person.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the next big social media site will be?   View Answer

Digital Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starcom USA.

1:1 interview. Lasted about 20 minutes. Basically was asked to talk about my resume/past experience. Was asked if I had experience using Excel. Then the interviewer talked about the position for about 10 minutes. I was called the next day and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you used Excel is a professional setting? When/How?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom USA in November 2012.

Really simple, don't sweat about it.
    - Just prep on why you want to work at Starcom - the whole "human experience".
    - Prep on your behavioral questions and know a couple of good ads that you have watched recently

no negotiation, pay is standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starcom USA in October 2012.

The process was very long. I applied online, heard back about a phone interview 3 months later. I had a full day of interviews 2 weeks after the phone interview. The interview consisted of 4 people one on one interviews ranging from media supervisors to directors. We were taken out to lunch after the interviews. Also, I had to submit a transcript from school.

Interview Questions
    • Range of behavioral based questions, such as "Tell me about a time when you had to work through a problem with a team". Additional questions consisted of things like "Why media?" and "Why Starcom?"   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starcom USA in December 2011.

Was sent an email to schedule a phone interview. I was told the interview would last 15-20 minutes but actually lasted about 5 minutes. I was asked a behavioral question, a math question, and why I was interested in Starcom.