Starcom USA

Average Difficulty
45 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Media Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Starcom USA in June 2014.

Interview Details – The phone screening was basic and straightforward. The recruiter asked some mental math questions and briefly asked about my resume and experiences. After that, I was invited to come in for a full round of interviews. I was interviewed by 4 people total. Each interview lasted approximately 40-45 minutes. After that, I had lunch with an ambassador and a few other applicants who were interviewing that day. I heard back from HR after about a week.

Interview Question – Name an impactful campaign you've seen lately. Tell me about it....
Also, make sure you can articulate why you'd be a good fit for Starcom.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation whatsoever. They won't budge.

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Starcom USA

Interview Details – Phone interview was fairly basic and essentially wanted to make sure you could do math and hadn't lied on your resume. This was followed by four back-to-back in person interviews. They were about 45 minutes each and while I think that they were meant to focus on a different area (team work, creative problem solving, etc.), many kind of ran together. After the interviews, you're taken out to lunch with an "ambassador" who is meant to be a non-partial person you can ask more frank questions about culture, compensation, etc.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one

Media Supervisor Interview

Media Supervisor

I applied online - interviewed at Starcom USA in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was an intern prior to being a full time employee. I had a short phone interview, but that was it. I think in the phone interview they ask what twenty percent of five-hundred was.

After my phone interview, I did not need to go through a formal interview. As long as you do a good job as an intern, you should have a good shot at getting a job at Starcom.

Interview Question – The outcome of the phone interview was that I got the internship and a few months later became an employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was for an internship so there was nothing to negotiate.

Digital Associate Interview

Digital Associate

Interviewed at Starcom USA

Interview Details – Meet your recruiters on college campuses and work in through there various starter programs. Being such a large agency, there are many open positions at any given time; be patient though. The advertising industry hires largely in the spring if you are graduating that spring, this is common throughout the industry.

Interview Question – Talk yourself through a difficult leadership situation and how you accomplished what you needed to.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Starcom USA in August 2013.

Interview Details – This is a very long process, so be prepared to wait. That being said, the interview experience, while intense, is a lot of fun for what it is. Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Behavioral questions and mental math questions are asked - very easy. If you move forward in the process you are invited into the office for a full day of interviews. You will meet with four employees (various levels of leadership) and have about 45 minutes with each. One right after the other. It is tiring, but stay on your game and it will be a great experience. I loved my interviewers and thought they were great. I also credit them for making me so excited about the position and the company. From there you are either recommended for hire or not. Then the waiting process begins for when you'll get an offer. After that, it's easy sailing to your (hopefully) dream job with this amazing company!

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, per se. It just gets tiring after four hours of back-to-back interviews. Stay sharp and know how to best highlight your experiences/skills in different scenarios.   Answer Question

Strategic Planner Interview

Strategic Planner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview Details – I was brought in over the course of about a month and met with a number of people within the group I'd be working. The offer process was a little on the slow side, but such things are common with large institutions. Once I received the offer everything came very quickly in succession (paper work, background check, etc.)

Interview Question – The interview process was very conversational   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real ability to negotiate, but the offer was fair.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 11 months - interviewed at Starcom USA in November 2012.

Interview Details – Really simple, don't sweat about it.
- Just prep on why you want to work at Starcom - the whole "human experience".
- Prep on your behavioral questions and know a couple of good ads that you have watched recently

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, pay is standard

Interviewed at Starcom USA

Interview Details – The interview process starts with a phone interview. If HR feels you meet the basic skill requirements, you'll be invited to interview in person with four people of varying levels on four different skill sets: communication, analytical/critical thinking, team work, innovation and creativity. Each interview lasts approximately 45 minutes, and concludes with lunch.

Interview Question – Questions will differ depending on who is interviewing you.   Answer Question

Media Supervisor Interview

Media Supervisor
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Starcom USA in June 2012.

Interview Details – Conducted all over telephone. Had 3 interviews, each 45 minutes. Got an offer within days.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Starcom USA in August 2013.

Interview Details – Contact from HR department to set up a phone interview a week later

Interview Question – Math Question: 1/3 of 100 in percent form. 20% of 100
Experience working as a team?
Biggest challenge?
  Answer Question

Worked for Starcom USA? Contribute to the Community!