Starcom USA

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Media Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starcom USA in June 2011.

Interview Details – Intensive interview process. Met with 6 different people in the same day after completing a phone screening interview.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer anything from how do you motivate yourself to what is 10 percent of 500.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation as this is entry level. All candidates are paid the same at this level.

Media Planner Interview

Media Planner

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Starcom USA in September 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed a long time ago and don't remember any challenges. Not a very tough interview. They needed a lot of bodies so it wasn't tough.

Interview Question – I interviewed a long time ago and don't remember any challenges. Not a very tough interview. They needed a lot of bodies so it wasn't tough.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of two rounds. First round is a phone based screening with someone at a mid-level or senior management level. Questions are mostly focused on the background of the candidate and how their experiences fit into the Starcom culture. The second round consists of 3 separate in person interviews across various levels of management seniority. In person round consists of various rigorous questions to test media acumen, managerial skills, leadership and communications.

Interview Question – Please describe a situation where you did not have all the necessary data to complete the exercise and how did you overcome the lack of information to provide a solution.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starcom USA

Interview Details – Phone interview, asked typical "tell me a time when.." questions, asked math related questions so make sure to have a calculator handy

Interview Question – math questions. asked percentages and fractions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview Details – Received an email 2 months after I applied. Had a phone interview with HR. Then had a final interview in Chicago with four separate people for 3 hours.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time.... all behavioral questions   Answer Question

Media Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview, then was invited to the office for an in-person interview with the department manager and the department VP. Most of the questions were behavioral. Both interviewers were very nice and everything seemed to go smoothly.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you did not take on a leadership role. Why?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview Details – I'm still waiting to hear about a follow up interview. I interviewed close to two months ago.

Interview Question – What was the hardest decision you've ever had to make? What is 2/3 in percentage form?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Assistant Media Planner

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview Details – I was recruited through my department's career services. I applied in October and was called in for an all-day interview a week later. The interview consisted of four 40-minute interviews: two with on-site recruiters and two with upper management executives through Skype.

The company culture seems very fun and hardworking. It seems like a great place to start a career as most industry insiders say that Starcom has the best training programs in the industry.

The hiring process is long. Once you are "recommended for hire," it can be months before you actually receive an offer.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are situation or hypothetical in nature like, "Pick a brand and describe what you think would be that brand's primary target."   Answer Question

Media Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview Details – Apply. Phone Interview #1. Secondary Interview (In person or via skype)- you meet with different levels of management for four different interviews basically answering the same questions about who you are, campaings that resonate with you

Interview Question – Mental Math on the phone interview   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview Details – Applied online--timed general knowledge test.
Phone interview about 2 months later--unexpected math questions (i.e. percentages).
Office interview--all day process, interview with 4 different people taken to lunch as a group after. Very long tiring day.

Disappointed to hear a year and a half later a friend of mine with no relevant experience got the job through a family member and by only attending an office interview with one person.

Interview Question – What do you think the next big social media site will be?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starcom USA