Starcom USA

Updated Aug 3, 2014

2.8

Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starcom USA in June 2012.

Conducted all over telephone. Had 3 interviews, each 45 minutes. Got an offer within days.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starcom USA in December 2011.

Was sent an email to schedule a phone interview. I was told the interview would last 15-20 minutes but actually lasted about 5 minutes. I was asked a behavioral question, a math question, and why I was interested in Starcom.

Media Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starcom USA in June 2011.

Intensive interview process. Met with 6 different people in the same day after completing a phone screening interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer anything from how do you motivate yourself to what is 10 percent of 500.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation as this is entry level. All candidates are paid the same at this level.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Starcom USA in May 2011.

I applied through their website. Had a phone interview, got a call 4 weeks later to come in for an in person interview, met with 3 people in the finance department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starcom USA in January 2011.

I first received an email notifying me that they would like to call me for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked a couple open ended behavioral questions and two math questions. A couple weeks after the phone interview I received an email inviting me to come in for a face to face interview with four Starcom employees with varying levels of experience and titles including an associate media director and media director. After the interview I waiting a few weeks and received word that they had not made a final decision yet but I was still being considered for the position. Two weeks later I received a phone call from an HR associate notifying me of the employment offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you over communicated and it caused a problem and how you overcame the problem that was caused.   Answer Question
    I did not attempt to negotiate because from what I was told the starting salary for the Media Associate position is set and is non negotiable.

Media Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starcom USA in November 2010.

I was an intern prior to being a full time employee. I had a short phone interview, but that was it. I think in the phone interview they ask what twenty percent of five-hundred was.

After my phone interview, I did not need to go through a formal interview. As long as you do a good job as an intern, you should have a good shot at getting a job at Starcom.

Interview Questions
    • The outcome of the phone interview was that I got the internship and a few months later became an employee.   Answer Question
    It was for an internship so there was nothing to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starcom USA in October 2010.

I interviewed with someone in HR on Friday. They began by asking me if I had any questions. Then they asked me :
    -Why Starcom
    -Describe a situation where I had to take action/control
    -A couple of math problems
    -How do I use math in my daily life
    -How do I get information out to people/methods and media

I am waiting to hear back from them and will update my post after that.

Connections Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starcom USA in October 2010.

The first interview was 1:1 with a manager, and it went well. Then I interviewed with a manager over the phone, and never heard back from them after that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked in a group. How many members were there? What was your role in the group?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Starcom USA in October 2010.

Walked through your resume and discussed your interest in the vertical you would be working on. They did not put a lot of emphasis on your professional skills. Instead, they looked into your passion and initiative for the work. They deemed training as their responsibility. The office environment was very cozy and open.

Interview Questions
    The salary is firm. Be prepared to budget your living expense in the first few years, the staring salaries are extremely low.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starcom USA in July 2010.

It was a half a day interview with up to 5 one one one interviewers. They ask the basic questions nothing to hard.

Interview Questions
    • What media would you use to promote your favorite brand.   Answer Question