Starcom USA Media Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2014

3.1

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Media Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Starcom USA in June 2014.

The phone screening was basic and straightforward. The recruiter asked some mental math questions and briefly asked about my resume and experiences. After that, I was invited to come in for a full round of interviews. I was interviewed by 4 people total. Each interview lasted approximately 40-45 minutes. After that, I had lunch with an ambassador and a few other applicants who were interviewing that day. I heard back from HR after about a week.

Interview Questions
  • Name an impactful campaign you've seen lately. Tell me about it....
    Also, make sure you can articulate why you'd be a good fit for Starcom.
      Answer Question
There is no negotiation whatsoever. They won't budge.

Other Interview Reviews for Starcom USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Starcom USA in August 2013.

This is a very long process, so be prepared to wait. That being said, the interview experience, while intense, is a lot of fun for what it is. Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Behavioral questions and mental math questions are asked - very easy. If you move forward in the process you are invited into the office for a full day of interviews. You will meet with four employees (various levels of leadership) and have about 45 minutes with each. One right after the other. It is tiring, but stay on your game and it will be a great experience. I loved my interviewers and thought they were great. I also credit them for making me so excited about the position and the company. From there you are either recommended for hire or not. Then the waiting process begins for when you'll get an offer. After that, it's easy sailing to your (hopefully) dream job with this amazing company!

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, per se. It just gets tiring after four hours of back-to-back interviews. Stay sharp and know how to best highlight your experiences/skills in different scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 11 months - interviewed at Starcom USA in November 2012.

Really simple, don't sweat about it.
    - Just prep on why you want to work at Starcom - the whole "human experience".
    - Prep on your behavioral questions and know a couple of good ads that you have watched recently

no negotiation, pay is standard

Media Associate Interview

The interview process starts with a phone interview. If HR feels you meet the basic skill requirements, you'll be invited to interview in person with four people of varying levels on four different skill sets: communication, analytical/critical thinking, team work, innovation and creativity. Each interview lasts approximately 45 minutes, and concludes with lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Questions will differ depending on who is interviewing you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Starcom USA in August 2013.

Contact from HR department to set up a phone interview a week later

Interview Questions
    • Math Question: 1/3 of 100 in percent form. 20% of 100
      Experience working as a team?
      Biggest challenge?
        Answer Question

Media Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starcom USA in June 2011.

Intensive interview process. Met with 6 different people in the same day after completing a phone screening interview.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer anything from how do you motivate yourself to what is 10 percent of 500.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation as this is entry level. All candidates are paid the same at this level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview process consisted of two rounds. First round is a phone based screening with someone at a mid-level or senior management level. Questions are mostly focused on the background of the candidate and how their experiences fit into the Starcom culture. The second round consists of 3 separate in person interviews across various levels of management seniority. In person round consists of various rigorous questions to test media acumen, managerial skills, leadership and communications.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a situation where you did not have all the necessary data to complete the exercise and how did you overcome the lack of information to provide a solution.   Answer Question

Media Associate Interview

Phone interview, asked typical "tell me a time when.." questions, asked math related questions so make sure to have a calculator handy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Received an email 2 months after I applied. Had a phone interview with HR. Then had a final interview in Chicago with four separate people for 3 hours.

Media Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Had an initial phone interview, then was invited to the office for an in-person interview with the department manager and the department VP. Most of the questions were behavioral. Both interviewers were very nice and everything seemed to go smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you did not take on a leadership role. Why?   Answer Question

Worked for Starcom USA? Contribute to the Community!