Starcom USA

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Starcom USA in September 2013.

Interview Details – Standard phone interview (mental math questions, personal accomplishments, strengths/weaknesses,etch.) followed by a day-long in-person interview day which commences with a group lunch. Questions are what you would expect and the interviewers are random employees in varying departments and ranks throughout the company.
The process as a whole, however, is notoriously long and the recruiter/HR can be unprofessional and leave you in the dark for months at a time once you are recommended for hire. The company seems to be struggling financially, which can postpone start dates indefinitely. I would recommend applying if you have almost a year to kill or before entering your final year of college.

Interview Question – What is the most engaging aspect of a media plan   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Very low pay paired with long hours. HR was shady and unprofessional in offering the job and basically gave 24 hours notice to give verbal commitment. I found a position months ago that better suits my salary requirements and leaves more time for a personal life.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Starcom USA in August 2013.

Interview Details – This is a very long process, so be prepared to wait. That being said, the interview experience, while intense, is a lot of fun for what it is. Initial phone interview with a recruiter. Behavioral questions and mental math questions are asked - very easy. If you move forward in the process you are invited into the office for a full day of interviews. You will meet with four employees (various levels of leadership) and have about 45 minutes with each. One right after the other. It is tiring, but stay on your game and it will be a great experience. I loved my interviewers and thought they were great. I also credit them for making me so excited about the position and the company. From there you are either recommended for hire or not. Then the waiting process begins for when you'll get an offer. After that, it's easy sailing to your (hopefully) dream job with this amazing company!

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected, per se. It just gets tiring after four hours of back-to-back interviews. Stay sharp and know how to best highlight your experiences/skills in different scenarios.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 11 months - interviewed at Starcom USA in November 2012.

Interview Details – Really simple, don't sweat about it.
- Just prep on why you want to work at Starcom - the whole "human experience".
- Prep on your behavioral questions and know a couple of good ads that you have watched recently

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, pay is standard

Interviewed at Starcom USA

Interview Details – The interview process starts with a phone interview. If HR feels you meet the basic skill requirements, you'll be invited to interview in person with four people of varying levels on four different skill sets: communication, analytical/critical thinking, team work, innovation and creativity. Each interview lasts approximately 45 minutes, and concludes with lunch.

Interview Question – Questions will differ depending on who is interviewing you.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Starcom USA in August 2013.

Interview Details – Contact from HR department to set up a phone interview a week later

Interview Question – Math Question: 1/3 of 100 in percent form. 20% of 100
Experience working as a team?
Biggest challenge?
  Answer Question

Media Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starcom USA in June 2011.

Interview Details – Intensive interview process. Met with 6 different people in the same day after completing a phone screening interview.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer anything from how do you motivate yourself to what is 10 percent of 500.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation as this is entry level. All candidates are paid the same at this level.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview Details – Interview process consisted of two rounds. First round is a phone based screening with someone at a mid-level or senior management level. Questions are mostly focused on the background of the candidate and how their experiences fit into the Starcom culture. The second round consists of 3 separate in person interviews across various levels of management seniority. In person round consists of various rigorous questions to test media acumen, managerial skills, leadership and communications.

Interview Question – Please describe a situation where you did not have all the necessary data to complete the exercise and how did you overcome the lack of information to provide a solution.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starcom USA

Interview Details – Phone interview, asked typical "tell me a time when.." questions, asked math related questions so make sure to have a calculator handy

Interview Question – math questions. asked percentages and fractions   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview Details – Received an email 2 months after I applied. Had a phone interview with HR. Then had a final interview in Chicago with four separate people for 3 hours.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time.... all behavioral questions   Answer Question

Media Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starcom USA.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone interview, then was invited to the office for an in-person interview with the department manager and the department VP. Most of the questions were behavioral. Both interviewers were very nice and everything seemed to go smoothly.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you did not take on a leadership role. Why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starcom USA

Worked for Starcom USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starcom USA Media Associate interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starcom USA employees and interview candidates.