Starcom Worldwide Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in February 2009.

Was pleasantly interviewed. Hiring process took several day

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Starcom Worldwide.

First, there is a phone screening where they are looking to test your math skills, general communication skills, and just understand your experience.

Then, there is an in-person interview where you meet with 3-5 people about different skills, topics, etc. It's all fairly behavioral and fit based. Make sure to come with questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you lead a team? What about a time where you showed leadership? Was there a time when you were not a specific team leader but you acted as one? What did you do and how did you lead?   Answer Question
    Some ability to negotiate on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in January 2011.

HR Phone interview

Followed by in-person interviews
    4 consecutive, with rising levels of management, who then collectively give their grade/approval.

Interview Questions
    • Challenges you faced in a team setting?   View Answer
    none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in April 2010.

I was called while I was on vacation and the HR woman asked if I was available for a 10-minute phone interview the next day. I accepted. The phone interview was just that, 10-minutes long. There were quite a few behavioral questions and a couple of math questions. There was not a ton of time to shine in regards to my personality because the interview was very straight forward. After the phone interview, I got a call within that week to come in for a half-day long interview process in-person. The in-person interview consisted of (4) 45-minute long interviews with current SMG employees, and they rose in seniority/title throughout the day. After the interviews were done, an ambassador took us to lunch and answered any questions we had. It was nice, but it was grueling. If you get to the in-person interview, be prepared to start forgetting who you said what to, it's a lot of talking about yourself. A lot.

One more thing to note: each person you interview with has a "type" of interview with you. For example, one person focuses on leadership, the next on team-work, the next on media, and then organization.

Interview Questions
    • Name a campaign running right now that you are impressed by and why.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you've had to use Microsoft excel. How did it help you?   Answer Question
    Be prepared for the offer to be non-negotiable. The starting salary is INCREDIBLY low, but they can get away with it because it is one of the most recognized, reputable agencies in the media world. If you're not willing to work for what they offer you, they have a thousand other applicants lined up out the door who are willing to work for that amount. Take the offer, gain experience, network with some of the most reputable people in the industry, and move on.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in April 2011.

Phone interview and then four separate interviews with various employees at various levels in the organization. It was a long day and many questions were repeated.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in May 2011.

Was contacted by HR for a phone Interview a few days after I applied. Phone interview went well, standard fit questions and a few simple arithmetic questions, was contacted again to come in for an in-person interview about 4 weeks later. Met with three individuals in the finance department. Interviewed for an hour each with each of the finance people. Called HR after 3 weeks to follow-up and I was told that they were still conducting the interview process. Received a standard form rejection email, as well as a phone call, about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • What else should I know about you that's not on your resume?   Answer Question

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in October 2010.

This is the first job where the hiring process went "by the book. I found posting via Indeed alert, I applied online, got referral from a former colleague to the HR & hiring managers. Phone screen with HR, in person with hiring mgr, phone interview with managing director the following week, then I got an offer shortly afterward. People are extremely friendly and nice, it's interesting work and the company overall is currently getting a lot of new business wins, so a positive atmosphere. Starcom strongly emphasizes training and offers many learning opportunities. Like most media agencies, a very high percentage of female employees and seems very understanding about work/life balance issues.

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate for more vacation. Holidays and flex days are pretty generous as well.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in May 2010.

I was applying to a media internship position. The interview was much more technical than expected. Around three media math questions were asked. One was a basic percentage problem, while another was a division problem. It was instructed to answer as quickly as possible (of course without sacrificing quality). Few behavioral questions were asked as well. Overall, though, the interview was very brief.

Media Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in January 2011.

10 minute quick screening phone interview, behavioral questions and 2 simple calculation questions

Media Buying Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in April 2009.

Applied on website. Received an email stating I was selected to interview for the position. Had a choice of over the phone interview or one-on-one. Seeing as I was in school I could not make the one-on-one interview. The phone interview was 30 min long with 4 separate people for a total of 2 hours. Mostly behavioral questions. I spoke with one associate, two supervisors, and one director. Very friendly, clearly wanted you to succeed.

Interview Questions
    • What leadership experience have you had? Give me an example of what you did?   Answer Question
    • What media experience have you had in the past?   Answer Question
    Since this was an internship there wasn't a lot of negotiating but I did inform them that I had another internship lined up and that expedited their decision.

Worked for Starcom Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!