Starpoint Solutions Interview Questions

2.3

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Starpoint Solutions.

Interview

Very unorganized, uneducated, passive staff. Phone screen with one inperson. CTO was the most arrogant person I have ever met which having zero knowledge. Everything is targeted toward asking you how much you would lie to get the client to do this or that so they can bill more hours.

Interview Questions

• Can you keep us billing no matter what?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They try to strongarm and low ball as much as they can. Stand firm but know that the higher the number the bigger the target on your back.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Starpoint Solutions.

Interview

Starpoint is a firm that places people in temporary contract jobs. Admittedly, this may be the first User Experience job they've ever tried to place, but they seem to be very clueless at it. In addition to spelling my name differently nearly every time they send me an email, they seem to send/ask me the same questions over and over. They want my responses quickly (within half an hour) but they go days without contacting me. No progress seems to be getting made about letting me talk directly to the company doing the hiring.

Interview Questions

• "Can you come up with new ideas?" I'm a software DESIGNER. New ideas (or at least stealing ideas from other designs) is what I *do*.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starpoint Solutions (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

We talked over potential questions with the company that I would be placed at. They instructed me not to really bring up when I was currently living because I believe they told them I was local.

Global Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Starpoint Solutions (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Starpoint contacted me for a position that they were trying to fill with a client. I had two phone interviews with Starpoint, three phone interviews and four in-person interviews with the client. After being told that I was a finalist, and after my final interview, weeks went by before I heard from Starpoint. The account manager and recruiter for Starpoint both went on vacation at the same time, they never responded to emails or phone calls that I placed with them.

Approximately one month after my final interview, and wanting to get some sort of feedback, I contacted a HR resource at the company. They mentioned that the position was still open and that Starpoint should have provided some feedback to me. I’ve moved on to other offers, but felt it was unprofessional of Starpoint to not provide any feedback, even if they simply said that they are still waiting to hear from the client.

I feel that Starpoint did a poor job of basic communicating throughout the entire porcess.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Agile Scrum   1 Answer
    • Have youmanaged project resources outside of the US.   1 Answer

Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starpoint Solutions (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

They are very personable, standard in recruiting aspect. However, they over-exercise the "sell" of the position and positive reinforcement.

Interview Questions

Just for the reason above plus more importantly personal obligations and conflicts of interest. They also could not give me an immediate answer within 2 business days to an issue that they pursued to resolve for me if I was open to allowing it. 2 days without a definitive answer indicates an unclear HR process.

I also received an additional offer from my existing client -- without that client's knowing of the offer pending feedback with Starpoint. I decided to accept the offer from my current client as they let me know where I stood and made the immediate decision to resolve issues in the position that conflicted with my personal family obligations -- not a monetary offer, but benefits of a more flexible nature.

I advised the Starpoint recruiter of the change and final resolve in my final decision to decline as I had not heard confirmation in 2 days from them, and my current client wanted to provide me with immediate relief. So, I made a decision. They responded with something of an unprofessional nature, not understanding facts since I had not relayed all of my PERSONAL business to them -- as this office really becomes very nosy and asked questions and wanted information and pushed for answers as to why I had changed my mind in the first place. They jumped to conclusions without understanding that my needs relate to care of a family member and that certain events in that relationship required direct answers.

To put it frankly, they wanted to know everything, called me a liar, and made assumptions that had no foundation. Had they treated my case with more discretion in communication, I might have been able to recommend them. But, as it turns out, I cannot, and that is probably for the best.