Starr Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starr Companies

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starr Companies in March 2014.

Probably the most unprofessional series of interviews I had so far in my career. First interview was cancelled a few hours before on the day of due to a scheduling conflict (good thing I often check my emails). Second attempt, I arrived on time only to be told to come back in two hors due to yet another scheduling conflict. When I finally met with the HR representative, the interviewer was insulting stating that the company was looking for a "mature" worker, "not some 20 something year old" to help support the team and back-up support the senior executive. (Let's put it this way: if it was not for a tight job market, I would have completely blown off the follow-up interview.) Second interviewer was at least pleasant and on time.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain one of my bullets on my resume regarding one of my previous positions.   View Answer

Didn't appreciate the ageist tone of my first interview. I also know two former employees who commented the company in general was not supportive off its employees.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Starr Companies in June 2012.

Applied through LinkedIn. I had an interview with HR that was more about them tell me about the position. When I met with line managers it was much more about how comfortable they felt with you as a person.

No negotiations

Senior Underwriter Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Starr Companies in September 2013.

One of the worst interview process of any company. All interviews were conducted over the phone. Had a total of 4 separate interviews over the course of two weeks. It felt like it would never stop. If they needed this many people to talk to me they should have just flown me out to meet them.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the interview was pretty generic. However, they started asking lots of technical questions about various types of risk and what their exposures were.   Answer Question
    Not very good. I requested more money and was told this was the most they could offer. I requested more vacation time and at first was told that their offer was competitive. I informed them that i currently get more vacation and they finally agreed to match my current vacation.

My advice would be not to work for this company

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Starr Companies in January 2011.

Met with two HR representative and the Executive and the process was quick and easy. Background and credit check etc;

Interview Questions
    • What are five words your previous boss would use to describe you?   Answer Question
    Very smooth

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Starr Companies in June 2011.

The interview was very basis and consisted of only meeting with a few people. The process over ally went very quick.

None

Worked for Starr Companies? Contribute to the Community!