Starr Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Underwriter Interview

Associate Underwriter
New York, NY

I interviewed at Starr Companies in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through LinkedIn. I had an interview with HR that was more about them tell me about the position. When I met with line managers it was much more about how comfortable they felt with you as a person.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Senior Underwriter Interview

Senior Underwriter

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Starr Companies in September 2013.

Interview Details – One of the worst interview process of any company. All interviews were conducted over the phone. Had a total of 4 separate interviews over the course of two weeks. It felt like it would never stop. If they needed this many people to talk to me they should have just flown me out to meet them.

Interview Question – Most of the interview was pretty generic. However, they started asking lots of technical questions about various types of risk and what their exposures were.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not very good. I requested more money and was told this was the most they could offer. I requested more vacation time and at first was told that their offer was competitive. I informed them that i currently get more vacation and they finally agreed to match my current vacation.

My advice would be not to work for this company

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at Starr Companies in January 2011.

Interview Details – Met with two HR representative and the Executive and the process was quick and easy. Background and credit check etc;

Interview Question – What are five words your previous boss would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Starr Companies in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very basis and consisted of only meeting with a few people. The process over ally went very quick.

Interview Question – Where do you think the economy is going   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for Starr Companies? Contribute to the Community!