Starwood Hotels & Resorts Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Stamford, CT) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied both on their website and through Campus recruiting. I got a call from HR scheduling my interview on the phone. I initially spoke to a Director about the role and he gave me some background and asked why I would be a good fit. Was called into the office and interviewed 1 on 1 the first time. Visited 4-5 times more over the next 6 months and met between 10-15 people in the company. I got the offer in the end and accepted it.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult questions, but obviously be ready for technical questions regarding Hotels and Hotel PnLs in applying for a role that deals with them   Answer Question

Negotiation

They more or less told me they gave me as much as they could and I was happy with it

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Stamford, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

It's too tedious and such a long process. It starts to wear you down. They ask you to come in multiple times and meet with several people. Be prepare to meet with several people for 1/2 to entire day. They lose a lot of great talent.

Pay was too low.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online for their system analyst position back in Nov. First had a webcam interview by their I.T. Director, about a month later, another webcam interview with the HR department, accompanied with the I.T. Director, finally an in-person interview. All three interviews were in a very relax environment. However, they didn't notify me of the hiring decision, I found out my own way by going on to their website to check the status. Considering interviewed for 3 times, the least I expected was an email to tell me that I was not the right candidate. It also was a long process, took almost three months.

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (White Plains, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The worst interview I ever had very disorganized, interviewers were novice, HR reps were not truthful about the process, role and the company. This company has declined a lot in its talent and standards.
    At one time(few years ago) I did really badly want to work for this company and thought very highly of it at that point. My recent experience changed my perception of this company and its goals, resources as well as processes.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your last role   1 Answer

The HR rep. was not truthful about the position and the process was so disorganized, lengthy and not worth it. I declined the offer and I felt very strongly that the time I took to interview with the company was such a waste. I could have not done anything and that would be a better use of my time rather than interviewing with such unprofessional organization.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Had first round interview. It was a fit interview - surprising fun and engaging. Asked why I wanted to work there? I had to go through my resume. I was expecting the first interview to be more difficult, maybe with some math questions thrown in, this was not the case.