Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Applied online and 2 days later received phone call and had a mini phone interview going over resume and job experiences. Next day went in met with a HR manager about past jobs. Got to go on to meet with 2 department managers 30 minutes later who asked questions about job scenarios and how they were handled.

Interview Questions
  • Be specific with answers based on previous experience and what makes you stand out from other applicants   Answer Question
No negotiation. Set rate

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

I was first contacted by their Human Resource coordinator and had a mini phone interview. After that I had my in person interview with their Director of Front Office and a supervisor, the whole interview took about 30-40 minute or so. It was all behavioral questions so make sure you have examples that you want to use before heading in. After that I had another mini interview with their hotel manager.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I found was "Why should we hire you, and not the rest of the other candidates."   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, it was a set rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in April 2014.

Phone Interview, asked what I know about company....why Starwood? Then got a cal the next day from Manager, set up interview a day later. Came in and interviewed with Manager & Supervisor for around 30 minutes. They then had me meet with another Dept Head for a 5 minute one-on-one. Finally, they had me meet with HR to go over final details of position before accepting contingent offer that same day. Took about 2 hours total for the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. EX: Tell me about a time you handled adversity?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in April 2013.

I found out about the job opening on school business facebook page. Sent in my email directly to the address listed on April 4th. Got a call on April 8,2013 from front office manager for interview with her on April 9,2013 at 1:00p.m. Got to the interview talked about customer service and what would I do if I had an unhappy guest. By 2:45 p.m. April 9,2013 I received a call offering me the position as a part-timer that can be full-time.

There was none pay is $11.00 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in January 2013.

Filled out app online, recieved a call back about 3 days later to come in for a interview. I interviewed with the front desk supervisor, director of rooms and hiring manager. they all took turns asking me questions- tell me about youself- why did you leave you last job- what is customer service to you- if a customer complained about not recieving some extra towles what would you do- what does hospitality mean to you and a handful of behavorial/expereince questions. after that i was asked to roleplay selling them a pair of name brand pants. they then asked if i had any questions (which you should always have some prepared) and asked if i had a shift preference. The first interview lasted 1 1/2 hrs. they said they would be calling me back. About 3 days later received call to come in for second interview with 2 more front desk supervisors. they asked the sames questions so i guess they wanted to feel me out to see if they liked my personality- lasted 30mins. The next day received a call to email 3 professional references. My references was called that same day- I was called about 5/6 weeks (yes WEEKS) later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • unexpected question asked was if someone out of state was staying at the hotel and asked what were some great family owned restaraunts what would you recommend   Answer Question
    none pay was 10.50-11.50 per hr period

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in May 2012.

honestly one of the worst interviewing processes ive encountered. was called back for 5 interviews. spread out over a 3 month period of time met with everyone from the manager of the front desk agents to the director of operations of the hotel and even the manager of multiple W locations and at the end of the entire process was simply called and told i did not get an offer and good luck

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in January 2012.

The interview process was in the restaurant of the hotel, with 2 of the front end managers. We sat down and they began to ask me a few personal questions, and then told me how to interview process would work. They asked all behavioral/situational questions, which they told me upfront so I could somewhat gather my thoughts/experiences. They were both extremely nice and courteous. I called back about 3 days later to hear how I did and they told me HR would contact me. I received an email about a week, which stated I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • In the past, when dealing with an irate customer, how were you able to communicate with the person and what was the outcome.   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in November 2009.

interviewed by Front office manager, brought back for a second meeting, then given a personality test. apparently only 3 out of 10 pass. The test is designed to ensure the person is appropriate for a demanding customer service position.

Interview Questions
    No. The wage is set every year by the owner.