Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in April 2014.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, asked what I know about company....why Starwood? Then got a cal the next day from Manager, set up interview a day later. Came in and interviewed with Manager & Supervisor for around 30 minutes. They then had me meet with another Dept Head for a 5 minute one-on-one. Finally, they had me meet with HR to go over final details of position before accepting contingent offer that same day. Took about 2 hours total for the interviews.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions. EX: Tell me about a time you handled adversity?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation on salary.

Westwood, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in May 2012.

Interview Details – honestly one of the worst interviewing processes ive encountered. was called back for 5 interviews. spread out over a 3 month period of time met with everyone from the manager of the front desk agents to the director of operations of the hotel and even the manager of multiple W locations and at the end of the entire process was simply called and told i did not get an offer and good luck

Interview Question – all pretty normal interview questions   Answer Question

New Orleans, LA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in April 2013.

Interview Details – I found out about the job opening on school business facebook page. Sent in my email directly to the address listed on April 4th. Got a call on April 8,2013 from front office manager for interview with her on April 9,2013 at 1:00p.m. Got to the interview talked about customer service and what would I do if I had an unhappy guest. By 2:45 p.m. April 9,2013 I received a call offering me the position as a part-timer that can be full-time.

Interview Question – There was none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none pay is $11.00 an hour

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in January 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out app online, recieved a call back about 3 days later to come in for a interview. I interviewed with the front desk supervisor, director of rooms and hiring manager. they all took turns asking me questions- tell me about youself- why did you leave you last job- what is customer service to you- if a customer complained about not recieving some extra towles what would you do- what does hospitality mean to you and a handful of behavorial/expereince questions. after that i was asked to roleplay selling them a pair of name brand pants. they then asked if i had any questions (which you should always have some prepared) and asked if i had a shift preference. The first interview lasted 1 1/2 hrs. they said they would be calling me back. About 3 days later received call to come in for second interview with 2 more front desk supervisors. they asked the sames questions so i guess they wanted to feel me out to see if they liked my personality- lasted 30mins. The next day received a call to email 3 professional references. My references was called that same day- I was called about 5/6 weeks (yes WEEKS) later with a job offer.

Interview Question – unexpected question asked was if someone out of state was staying at the hotel and asked what were some great family owned restaraunts what would you recommend   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none pay was 10.50-11.50 per hr period

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was in the restaurant of the hotel, with 2 of the front end managers. We sat down and they began to ask me a few personal questions, and then told me how to interview process would work. They asked all behavioral/situational questions, which they told me upfront so I could somewhat gather my thoughts/experiences. They were both extremely nice and courteous. I called back about 3 days later to hear how I did and they told me HR would contact me. I received an email about a week, which stated I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• In the past, when dealing with an irate customer, how were you able to communicate with the person and what was the outcome.   View Answer
  • Describe a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answer

Front Desk Agent

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in November 2009.

Interview Details – interviewed by Front office manager, brought back for a second meeting, then given a personality test. apparently only 3 out of 10 pass. The test is designed to ensure the person is appropriate for a demanding customer service position.

Interview Question – Why do you choose customer service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. The wage is set every year by the owner.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts Front Desk Agent interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees and interview candidates.