Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Guest Service Agent Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

The typical tell me about yourself ? Why do you want to work? Why should we hire you? And where do you see yourself in 5 years? They call back within 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
They tell you what they will pay. Take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied in-person – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in July 2012.

I went to their job fair. Upon arrival, I filled out an application, submitted it and waited to be called. It took a while to be called considering that there were a lot of applicants. Got screened by an HR first. HR asked basic interview questions that she reads from a sheet of paper, which she also writes to fill in my answer. After that, I was asked to go back the waiting area to wait to be called by a manager.
    Did the next interview with the Front Desk Manager. Same with the HR, her questions come from a sheet of paper and she also writes down my answers on it. Questions were mostly about dealing with customer service. I was told after that if I got selected, the manager would call me. The whole process took me around 3 hours.
    I got the rejection letter a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are mostly about past experiences in handling a customer, citing examples on how you handled a situation.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in April 2012.

One on one interview with HR director, front office manager, then two on one interview with HR director and director of rooms, and finally a one on one interview with GM of the hotel.

Very easy and fast

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in December 2011.

They asked me a lot of questions related to the customer service area. I had the interview with human resource staff, front office manager, and front desk supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • How does your previous experience relate to this position?   Answer Question
    • If the guests do not happy when staying at our hotel and when they check out they complain about the room, the service and asking for not being charged, what should you do?   Answer Question

Guest Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in August 2010.

For the front office positions, I was interviewed by the Director and the Manager who went through a series of behavioral questions. The interview was quick, efficient and my interviewers even shared many of their work experiences with me. It took them a little longer to get back to me regarding the position than they had stated, but not too much longer.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a situation in which you have dealt with a change of management and how you approached it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in January 2010.

I applied because a friend told me about the open position. I was called by the HR manage within a couple of days to set up an interview. I interviewed with the HR Manager and then she called later that night to schedule an interview for me with the Director of Operations. That same day I also met with the General Manager of the hotel which I guess sealed the deal. I was called back to come in and offered a position. I completed my paperwork and was given a paper to take a urinal drug test within 24 hrs. I was fitted for my uniform and began the next Monday.

Interview Questions
    No, their were no negotiations. Maybe because the position I applied for was entry level. Other positions that require degrees may offer negotiations.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Called into HR, did a prescreening interview and then was sent on to the Director of Front Office to conduct a behavioral interview on how my past performance will affect my future performance with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for the guest? Tell me about a time when you failed?   Answer Question
    Non negotiable as I did not have previous experience