Starwood Hotels & Resorts
www.starwoodhotels.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Guest Services Supervisor Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Guest Services Supervisor Interview

Guest Services Supervisor
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in January 2011.

Interview Details – Starwood uses a behavioral interview process. First they call you and speak with you on the phone. If they like you they will ask to schedule an in person interview which always consists of two people asking questions while you answer and they write.

They ask you certain questions about how you have helped improved a guest's stay in the past, what you did to make a difference at your last job, and how you have helped others succeed and so on. They write down as much as they can about what you say so choose words carefully, and be natural. They do not like it if you look like you are making things up or do not have solid examples to go on.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond in your last position and how doing so provided a positive experience for the guest/associate/manager?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation process. Even when I tried to negotiate the HR people seemed uncomfortable and unresponsive.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Guest Services Supervisor Interview

Guest Services Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in November 2011.

Interview Details – Started out with a phone interview, followed up by a 45 minute panel interview where I was asked questions by two individuals and another person I am assuming HR writing notes. That was followed up by another interview with two others taking about 30 minutes. The questions for all interviews were basic behavourial based questions. Be detailed in your answers. I had questions regarding culture, structure, growth, and even compensation. I also asked about positives and negatives of the role. Everyone talked about hotel discounts, and struggled to say negatives of course. The compensation answer was avoided as they said if successful HR would contact me to let me know.

Interview Question – As an outsider to the call centre environment, how would you be able to generate cooperation and credibility amongst a team of individuals that have been in their role for a number of years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation not flexible in meeting my needs. Thought I wouldn't have the work/life balance I wanted being that the position would require rotating schedule between 7am and 1am. Found out at offer only 6 month contract too, which was concerning to me as I thought it was more permanent position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts Guest Services Supervisor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees and interview candidates.