Starwood Hotels & Resorts

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Room Service Cashier Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in December 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from the hotel about 2 weeks after applying. The HR manager gave me a phone interview that consisted of 3 questions (describe yourself in three words, why do you want to work for this hotel, weaknesses/strengths). After I answered the questions, I was told that she would speak with the manager and I will hear back from her if I qualify for the position. A few days later I received a call to set up an interview. I met with the restaurant manager as well as a supervisor and they gave me a behavioral interview. After that, I received a call the next day to set up another interview in which I was interviewed by the Director of food and beverage. After that interview, he left the room and spoke with the HR manager. A few moments later, he offered me the position and I was given a form and instructions to get a drug test done. I had up to a week to complete it, but I ended up getting it done in 1 day. After that, I had to wait for my drug test and background check to clear. I got a call that everything came back fine. Came back the next day and completed all of my paperwork, received my clock-in card, parking permit etc. Was given a walk-through of the property and asked when was the soonest I could start working.

Interview Question – describe a time when you went above and beyond to please a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees and interview candidates.