Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview Details – I only have been interviewed once, which was a bsic motivational interview with no hard questions, I am still waiting to hearing from them

Interview Question – why did you choose the Hotel business?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview - mostly behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...). Some interviewers will throw in their own questions, but nothing out of the ordinary - ie top 3 strengths and weaknesses. Be prepared to tell them what locations you could work in - obviously the more options you can give, the better the chance that they can find a property for you.

Intern

Interview Details – Pretty simple, most questions are to find out about fit and capabilities.

Interview Question – None really, no curveballs were thrown   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internship position, salary non-negotiable

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in March 2012.

Interview Details – Starwood came to my campus to recruit for interns, applied on my university's career website, and was invited for an interview. It was a behavioral interview conducted by two current Starwood employees. Received an offer after approximately 5 weeks.

Interview Question – No difficult questions really, just a typical behavioral interview.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in August 2011.

Interview Details – Emailed a cover letter and resume directly to HR contact, and then received a phone call the next day. We set up a day and I received a response the same week. Very relaxed interview.

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview Details – Typical questions: why hotels, why starwood, also situational questions
second phase: a creative assigment relating hotel values to yours

Interview Question – creative assignment   Answer Question

Sheraton, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in January 2012.

Interview Details – Great experience! A lot of situation based questions

Interview Question – Talk about a time you didn't get a long with someone in a group, describe the situation and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in June 2012.

Interview Details – After I send my application, the HR office called me to make an appointment for a telephone interview. Unfortunately it was not possible to have one interview with both the HR person and the department head. Therefore I first had a phone interview with the HR person and then with the head of my department. Both interviews where about the same. They asked me about my motivation and the for Starwood usual behavioral questions.

Interview Question – The behavioral questions can be taff but usually they want to find out in how far you fit in the position. Unfortunately I do not remember any specific questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I got an offer that suited me better.

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was a great process. Very straightforward. Nothing was a surprise.

Interview Question – What do you need to work on? What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It seemed seamless and was very fair.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2011.

Interview Details – I got this interview through campus recruitment. The interview was about 20-30 minutes. It took them about 3 weeks to contact me back and extended me the offer through email.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to meet a difficult client's demand .   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Starwood Hotels & Resorts Intern interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Starwood Hotels & Resorts employees and interview candidates.