Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

I only have been interviewed once, which was a bsic motivational interview with no hard questions, I am still waiting to hearing from them

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Intern Interview

Pretty standard interview - mostly behavioral questions (tell me about a time when...). Some interviewers will throw in their own questions, but nothing out of the ordinary - ie top 3 strengths and weaknesses. Be prepared to tell them what locations you could work in - obviously the more options you can give, the better the chance that they can find a property for you.

Intern Interview

Pretty simple, most questions are to find out about fit and capabilities.

Internship position, salary non-negotiable

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in March 2012.

Two interviews from the HR manager and the front office manager. The interview was at the lobby lounge, it makes interviewers very comfortable and relaxed. The managers are also very nice and polite. The overall feeling was really impressive and I was really impressive by how Starwoods treats their guests and employees. The best hotel interview I've had so far.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in March 2012.

Starwood came to my campus to recruit for interns, applied on my university's career website, and was invited for an interview. It was a behavioral interview conducted by two current Starwood employees. Received an offer after approximately 5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions really, just a typical behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in August 2011.

Emailed a cover letter and resume directly to HR contact, and then received a phone call the next day. We set up a day and I received a response the same week. Very relaxed interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Typical questions: why hotels, why starwood, also situational questions
    second phase: a creative assigment relating hotel values to yours

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in June 2012.

After I send my application, the HR office called me to make an appointment for a telephone interview. Unfortunately it was not possible to have one interview with both the HR person and the department head. Therefore I first had a phone interview with the HR person and then with the head of my department. Both interviews where about the same. They asked me about my motivation and the for Starwood usual behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral questions can be taff but usually they want to find out in how far you fit in the position. Unfortunately I do not remember any specific questions.   Answer Question

Because I got an offer that suited me better.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheraton, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheraton, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in January 2012.

Great experience! A lot of situation based questions

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you didn't get a long with someone in a group, describe the situation and the outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in May 2011.

It was a great process. Very straightforward. Nothing was a surprise.

Interview Questions
    It seemed seamless and was very fair.