Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.8

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR first. A few days later a one on one interview was set up with general manager and manager. Interview was mostly focused on how to handle a certain situation. One on one interview last about 40 minutes.

Externship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Overall very friendly and straight forward. Did not seem to take the stress test interview approach which I appreciated greatly. The interviewer was willing to answer my questions and seemed genuinely interested in deciding if I would be a good fit for the company. It was a good experience and helped me get a little flavor for the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared with a list of desired locations you would like to work. Make sure they have a hotel there.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

There were three interview rounds. The first round was a recorded response webcam interview. The second round was at my campus career services office. Third round was at the Starwood office in Scottsdale. The first round was more accounting and industry questions. The second and third round were mostly conversations and behavioral questions.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

very slow and drawn out. standard questions though. 4 rounds: one phone interview with HR, one in-person interview with HR, two in-person interviews with the team. the whole process took about 2-3 months, even though they had said they were trying to fill the position quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would communicate to others on your team if you had too much on your plate. Tell us about a time when you had to work through a problem with a client and how you solved it/ saw it from their point of view.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

It was a brief 20 minute interview. First I had to tell them my Top 5 locations and the 3 areas I want to rotate through. Then I had to tell them about my self and then answer 3 short situational questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation with a coworker who made a mistake or gave you trouble, and how'd you handle the situation and resolve it.   1 Answer

Guest Services Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

They will call you and screen you, if it goes well expect a call for a behavioral interview with at least two managers. They are very situational questions so be prepared with examples of good stories.

Application

Interview

first interview at university, then asked back via video interview a few days later, then waited about over a month to hear back via email. did not get the job but they also advised to check back with them around graduation time.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to perform duties you did not agree with   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists of multiple steps. They look at resumes and applications and then contact those who they are interested in. Then from there they conduct phone interviews to screen candidates. If you successfully pass the phone screening, then you are invited for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with six different interviewers.

Interview Questions

• They had behavioral interview questions (i.e. tell me a time when...).   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2015.

Interview

- Took about a month from initial application via Starwood's career website to receiving the offer, then another three days for drug screening and background check
    - Heavily suggest reaching out directly to the hiring manager since that will hopefully make your application stand out against the masses of other people interested in the position
    - HR will call and conduct a brief phone interview to "screen viable candidates," and will then call you back to ask you for an in-person interview
    - Interview is purely behavioral questions (i.e. "Tell me about a time when...") - PREPARE!!
    - After first interview, you will be asked to complete an assessment based on your position
    - Second interview consists of meeting with various team members and General Manager
    - Received the offer two days after the second interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to lead a team who was unmotivated   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you were faced with an upset customer and had to come up with a solution on the spot   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation when you had to work with a different department in the hotel to overcome a challenge   Answer Question

Security Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint John, VI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Saint John, VI) in February 2015.

Interview

Went well. Interviewers were knowledgeable of HR process. Interviewers utilized several interview techniques including behavioral interviewing. This made the interview process much more relaxing and personal. Additionally, it was easy to see that the interviewers had thoroughly gone over my resume and were prepared for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding hotel security experience.   1 Answer