Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.8

Summer Interview

Very straight forward. They look for positive outlook and true desire to be industry. All of my contacts were very responsive. They sat me down with two representatives and asked me various questions about my previous jobs as well as other questions pertaining to my hospitality experience.

Interview Questions
    • How did you go above and beyond for guest?   View Answer

Banquet Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

They use the standard Behavioral Interview questions. Very little time to ad-lib, but do have your examples ready. They use 2 interviewers. They both rush to write your answers down. Can be very little eye contact.

Call Center Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Not a great experience. I live across town and due to a snow storm this morning, I had a stressful commute to the interview, the building was cold and being my first interview in sixteen years, I was nervous. I have office experience but not a lot of customer service, I tried to answer questions best I could but they all dealt wirth past customer relations and I didn't have any. The interviewer was not very friendly, She said I would hear back in two days but an hour later, I got the rejection e-mail. I'm a bit shocked. I thought it would be an entry level position based on the appearance and behavior of the employees there. I think had they given me a skills test, they would have had a differnt opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to resolve an issue with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Winter Extern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Behavioral Interview - Be prepared to answer with specific examples of a time that you did something that is being asked in the question. Sent in my application through Starwood's website, was asked to interview on campus, got a phone call around 2/3 weeks later accepted that day.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult - at times the interview process felt very awkward because there was no conversation between me and the person interviewing me all of my answers were just written down and sent to corporate.   Answer Question

Whatever/Whenever Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

I was first contacted via phone and had a 30 minute phone interview. After that, they scheduled an in person interview, after which they scheduled yet another interview with HR. The process moves fairly quickly and they seem to hire ASAP.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are behavioral and they want very specific examples. Example: When did you turn a negative situation into a positive one?   View Answer

Guest Services Agent- Bliss SPA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

They use the STAR interview process. Be prepared to explain real problems and solutions and what you did to overcome etc. Express your customer service skills to the max. They first do a phone interview with the assistant manager if you pass that you then move on to in person interview with the assistant manager then after that you have an interview with the general manager then after that with HR and the higher ups. 4 interviews total

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you Did something nice for someone   View Answer
    No negotiation

Customer Contact Center Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in December 2014.

I filled out an application online and was sent and email within 5 min asking me to do an online assement, the email said my application would not be reviewed until I did so. I was contacted the morning after to set up an interview.
    I was told I would get a confirmation email with all the details, that took 5 days and I had to call and ask about that.
    I arrived at the center and the person conducting the interview was in jeans and a t-shirt. I was asked a series of questions, I was not asked if I had any. The questions were behavior based. This lasted 20min, then I was asked to do another computer assement there.
    This second assement had the same questions as the email assement and tested typing skills and mulitasking. This took about 25 min to complete. After completion i was offered the job and given a slip for a drug test that needed to be done within 48hrs.
    Three days before training started I was sent an email with a link to do an online training course that had to be completed before the start of training. The training consisted of a power point type presentation followed by 3 tests and you had to pass the test before moving on, each section also had a series of activities that also had to be done. They claim it takes 3 hours but it took closer to 6 for me and they pay you for 4 only if you finish the first day of training.

There was no negotation. 10.50 an hour thats it

Management Trainee Program Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus for a general interview...asked my preferences for location, track/department (rooms, F&B, sales, finance), then asked generic behavioral interview questions, such as "tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership in a group task." I was surprised that he also asked why I was interested in Starwood and where Starwood ranked compared to the other companies I was considering for a post-grad job. About a week later I received a link to complete a video interview in which I had to film myself answering four more behavioral-type questions. Filming myself answering the questions was a little awkward.

Interview Questions
    • Where does Starwood rank on your list of companies you would like to work for?   Answer Question

Couldn't find a position in my preferred location

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Starwood came to recruit at my university for Management in Training position. The questions were solely behavioral and very standardized. The next step was a skype interview and then following was an offer. The recruiters were nice but I wished they got to know my personality and asked other questions besides just behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker or boss. What happened and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

I received another offer that I wanted more.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Because of the weather, the campus recruiter was unable to conduct interviews on campus. So phone interviews were conducted instead. I suppose my experience did not fit hotels very well so I did not get the internship. I felt she was just trying to reduce applicants immensely while I was interviewed.