Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

very slow and drawn out. standard questions though. 4 rounds: one phone interview with HR, one in-person interview with HR, two in-person interviews with the team. the whole process took about 2-3 months, even though they had said they were trying to fill the position quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you would communicate to others on your team if you had too much on your plate. Tell us about a time when you had to work through a problem with a client and how you solved it/ saw it from their point of view.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

It was a brief 20 minute interview. First I had to tell them my Top 5 locations and the 3 areas I want to rotate through. Then I had to tell them about my self and then answer 3 short situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a situation with a coworker who made a mistake or gave you trouble, and how'd you handle the situation and resolve it.   View Answer

Guest Services Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

They will call you and screen you, if it goes well expect a call for a behavioral interview with at least two managers. They are very situational questions so be prepared with examples of good stories.

Management In Training Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

first interview at university, then asked back via video interview a few days later, then waited about over a month to hear back via email. did not get the job but they also advised to check back with them around graduation time.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you had to perform duties you did not agree with   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Upon completion of an online application I received a phone call within 24 hours for my first interview. A fifteen minute process that was relatively painless, but definitely structured to effectively sift through best possible candidates in a thorough manner.

I was invited in for a second interview in person at the HR Recruitment office. Again, relatively painless, but professional and organized.

Starwood properties are each unique, and each is exclusive to it's brand. I initially applied and interviewed for the St. Regis location, but I did not have the proper experience and background in high end mixology that the company was searching for.

About three weeks later I received a phone call from HR alerting me to an opening I was likely better suited for at a different property, and instructed to resubmit my application.

After a brief third and final interview, I was offered the position I am currently occupying.

Interview Questions
    • List some examples of the different types of grapes used in wines.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Very straight forward. They look for positive outlook and true desire to be industry. All of my contacts were very responsive. They sat me down with two representatives and asked me various questions about my previous jobs as well as other questions pertaining to my hospitality experience.

Interview Questions
    • How did you go above and beyond for guest?   View Answer

Banquet Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

They use the standard Behavioral Interview questions. Very little time to ad-lib, but do have your examples ready. They use 2 interviewers. They both rush to write your answers down. Can be very little eye contact.

Call Center Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Not a great experience. I live across town and due to a snow storm this morning, I had a stressful commute to the interview, the building was cold and being my first interview in sixteen years, I was nervous. I have office experience but not a lot of customer service, I tried to answer questions best I could but they all dealt wirth past customer relations and I didn't have any. The interviewer was not very friendly, She said I would hear back in two days but an hour later, I got the rejection e-mail. I'm a bit shocked. I thought it would be an entry level position based on the appearance and behavior of the employees there. I think had they given me a skills test, they would have had a differnt opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to resolve an issue with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Winter Extern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Behavioral Interview - Be prepared to answer with specific examples of a time that you did something that is being asked in the question. Sent in my application through Starwood's website, was asked to interview on campus, got a phone call around 2/3 weeks later accepted that day.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult - at times the interview process felt very awkward because there was no conversation between me and the person interviewing me all of my answers were just written down and sent to corporate.   Answer Question

Whatever/Whenever Agent Interview

I was first contacted via phone and had a 30 minute phone interview. After that, they scheduled an in person interview, after which they scheduled yet another interview with HR. The process moves fairly quickly and they seem to hire ASAP.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are behavioral and they want very specific examples. Example: When did you turn a negative situation into a positive one?   View Answer