Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Wichita, KS).

Interview

First I was called in for interview , the interview was brief lasting about 10 minutes of that, the next step was a computer assessment, upon passing that was a U.A. and background check...I was offered the position but later offer was withdrawn due to a 4 year old misdemeanor

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you suggested they do something differently in a job setting..Was it implemented?   Answer Question

General Reservations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Lancaster, CA).

Interview

Went smooth, was hired on the spot based on my prior work ethic and work experience. The interview was fine the woman who interviewed me was really nice and was promoted to HR a year or 2 later

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with the public or directly with customers   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview was a full-on behavioral interview. It was very thorough, lasted more than 1 hour. I interviewed with the supervisor and another long-term staff member who ended up being the trainer. They asked pointed questions to figure out how I would respond to people who can be hard to please or upset. My second interview was with the head of the Human Resources Department. She did not ask too many questions, I am not sure why I had to talk to her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation and the pay is terrible.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Looks like that Starwood has outsourced its IT to India and hired Indian managers in Boston, MA. An Indian manager with broken english asked me questions from a written script and wanted me to answer like a parrot.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Concierge position, and I was contacted for an interview exactly two weeks later. I went in for my interview and had a pre-interview with the recruiter who then wanted me to meet and interview with the director of what would be my department as well as one of the managers. Was a very friendly and laid back interview, but still very professional. I felt like an individual instead of a name on a page.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work through some differences with a coworker?   Answer Question

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with HR first. A few days later a one on one interview was set up with general manager and manager. Interview was mostly focused on how to handle a certain situation. One on one interview last about 40 minutes.

Externship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Overall very friendly and straight forward. Did not seem to take the stress test interview approach which I appreciated greatly. The interviewer was willing to answer my questions and seemed genuinely interested in deciding if I would be a good fit for the company. It was a good experience and helped me get a little flavor for the company culture.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared with a list of desired locations you would like to work. Make sure they have a hotel there.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

There were three interview rounds. The first round was a recorded response webcam interview. The second round was at my campus career services office. Third round was at the Starwood office in Scottsdale. The first round was more accounting and industry questions. The second and third round were mostly conversations and behavioral questions.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

very slow and drawn out. standard questions though. 4 rounds: one phone interview with HR, one in-person interview with HR, two in-person interviews with the team. the whole process took about 2-3 months, even though they had said they were trying to fill the position quickly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would communicate to others on your team if you had too much on your plate. Tell us about a time when you had to work through a problem with a client and how you solved it/ saw it from their point of view.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

It was a brief 20 minute interview. First I had to tell them my Top 5 locations and the 3 areas I want to rotate through. Then I had to tell them about my self and then answer 3 short situational questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation with a coworker who made a mistake or gave you trouble, and how'd you handle the situation and resolve it.   1 Answer