Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in June 2012.

Alll of starwood's interviews are behavior based. They asked about past experiences rather than the standard strength and weaknesses questions.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a time you had to confront a superior member of the company and how did it go?   Answer Question

Director of Revenue Management Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Time spent with each executive committee member

PMO Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

I was interviewed by a person with less than 4 years experience who misinterpreted my answers, or confused me with someone else. By his own admission he wasn't qualified to conduct the interview due to lack of relevant experience as compared to my 15 + years. I am assuming my rejection was a mistake bought on by lack of experience or poor judgement. As a result, this particular PMO (Project Management Office) is off my list until things change there. I can't prove it, but Ageism might be an issue as well.

Interview Questions
    • Although he was somewhat unfocused in his approach, all of the questions were easily answered.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Starwood uses behavioral interviewing techniques. They want to hear a detailed story around the answer. Typically you want to focus on how your efforts as part of a team helped build the business. They have different questions based on the role they're interviewing for. Depending on the team, the interviews can be with several people. Starwood believes in hiring for attitude, train for skills. How the candidate fit into the team dynamic is very important.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you and your supervisor had a difference of opinion.   Answer Question
    The wheels of change at Starwood move VERY slowly. From the time I applied to the offer was more than 10 weeks. Starwood is a 'Total Compensation' company-they offer a yearly bonus (% based on your title). The yearly salary isn't typically very high, they depend largely on the bonus to bring in good talent.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Quick and easy! LOVE the hiring process!! Behavioral questions that showed the kind of person you are.

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2014.

Initial interview set up through Recruiting Firm which was handled professionally.

Interview Questions
    • Started interview with: I'm not going to interview you for the role you applied for as earlier this week I am in a new role and we need a senior manager able to help the inexperienced PMs with providing guidance.   View Answers (3)

Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in September 2012.

Starwood uses the behavioral method for the interview process- STAR.

Non- negotiable

Restaurant Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in January 2010.

3 interviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a situation where something went totally wrong and how did you fix it?   View Answer

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

I submitted my resume online, and within 8-12 hours, I had a callback requesting more information from me. They were very impressed it seems. I spoke to the very lovely representative, who gave me further details on what the position entailed. She was very warm and professional. I came in for an assessment, a call listening session, and interview, which was very awesome. The woman that interviewed me was very warm, and very funny. She was extremely professional and oozed her love of working at Starwood. It was a very awesome experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not terribly difficult at all, but you should not be blasé about it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in June 2010.

Very quick. Had a phone interview first, then a face to face interview with my immediate director and finally interviewed with the general manager. All interviews were conducted within 1 week and I was offered the job by the end of the week.

Not much negotiating.