Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.8

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in March 2014.

Completed the online application prior to the company coming to my university's career fair. Due to inclement weather, our on-campus interview turned into a phone interview. The recruiter I spoke to asked about my preferences for location and departments and then proceeded to ask behavioral questions. Got to the second round of questions which were available through an online service, was given up to 3 chances to re-record.

Interview Questions
    • What was a conflict that you had with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

The offer was not for the position above but for a direct hire. Due to unforseen circumstances, I could not accept the position at that time.

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

I submitted my resume online, and within 8-12 hours, I had a callback requesting more information from me. They were very impressed it seems. I spoke to the very lovely representative, who gave me further details on what the position entailed. She was very warm and professional. I came in for an assessment, a call listening session, and interview, which was very awesome. The woman that interviewed me was very warm, and very funny. She was extremely professional and oozed her love of working at Starwood. It was a very awesome experience.

Interview Questions
    • Not terribly difficult at all, but you should not be blasé about it.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

HR phone interview followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Face to face interview with the hiring manager which turned out to be really comfortable, he talked to me like we were old friends but maybe that was a trap. Didn't ask as many questions as he did spend talking. Gushed over all the perks to really make you want the job and said I would hear back within a week to set up a time to do the test portion. Made me feel confident that I was definitely coming back but after 3 weeks I got in touch with HR only to find out that I didn't make it to the next round. I'm not sure what happened, left feeling confident but apparently the hiring manager did not feel the same.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty general questions; why this company, described current and past job responsibilities etc.   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Use Behavioral Interview process, get prepared to talk a lot about " tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • How did you have to ask your team mate for help, even when you did not want to ?   Answer Question
    Get everything in writing !

Guest Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Very straightforward.They use a behavioral interview model.

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2014.

Initial interview set up through Recruiting Firm which was handled professionally.

Interview Questions
    • Started interview with: I'm not going to interview you for the role you applied for as earlier this week I am in a new role and we need a senior manager able to help the inexperienced PMs with providing guidance.   View Answers (3)

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2014.

Filled out job app online. They contacted me by e-mail inviting me to one of their job fairs. The interview consisted of them timing you on your own for computer proficiency. 1) name an event where you previously struggled in customer service. How did you overcome this matter. 2) what do you hope to get from starwood resorts?

Interview Questions
    • Read this hotel description and then sell me this room. I don't know how to sell a hotel room... yet   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, CA

It was pleasant, not intimidating and inviting.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most stressful situation I have experienced.   View Answer
    Hired on the spot.

Revenue Analyst Interview

2 interviews. Questions were general BI interview questions that require standard STAR process. Prepare more examples.

NA

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Did a screening interview with the hr director and met with GM. Had a phone interview with 2 persons from hr team. This is a typical behavioral interview where you are asked to give specific examples for certain situations.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to address performance of an employee that needed to improve.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate