Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.7

Food and Beverage Server Interview

Interview

Phone screen then face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were under pressure to get a lot done quickly   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

I only have been interviewed once, which was a bsic motivational interview with no hard questions, I am still waiting to hearing from them

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. Apply online, then receive a call to set up an interview as well as an assessment. If you pass that you will be sent for a drug test. Once that is returned you will be called and set up for orientation/training which is 30 days and needs 100% attendance.

Interview Questions

• They follow the STAR process of questions. You can find videos explaining this process via YouTube.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, starting pay is set @ $10.50 per hr.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview, asked what I know about company....why Starwood? Then got a cal the next day from Manager, set up interview a day later. Came in and interviewed with Manager & Supervisor for around 30 minutes. They then had me meet with another Dept Head for a 5 minute one-on-one. Finally, they had me meet with HR to go over final details of position before accepting contingent offer that same day. Took about 2 hours total for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. EX: Tell me about a time you handled adversity?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on salary.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Applied, got a call by the hiring manager, did a phone interview (simple), interviewed with the hiring manager. Received a call 4 days later from HR to come in and was offered the job in person. All situational and behavioral questions. Make sure you have actual events that you have dealt with. Smile a lot, look energetic, like the outdoors/sun, and act like you love life!

Negotiation

No negotiating, I compared other hotels pay, but HR said the pay is set.

Director of Revenue Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Time spent with each executive committee member

PMO Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Stamford, CT).

Interview

I was interviewed by a person with less than 4 years experience who misinterpreted my answers, or confused me with someone else. By his own admission he wasn't qualified to conduct the interview due to lack of relevant experience as compared to my 15 + years. I am assuming my rejection was a mistake bought on by lack of experience or poor judgement. As a result, this particular PMO (Project Management Office) is off my list until things change there. I can't prove it, but Ageism might be an issue as well.

Interview Questions

• Although he was somewhat unfocused in his approach, all of the questions were easily answered.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Austin, TX).

Interview

Quick and easy! LOVE the hiring process!! Behavioral questions that showed the kind of person you are.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in March 2014.

Interview

Completed the online application prior to the company coming to my university's career fair. Due to inclement weather, our on-campus interview turned into a phone interview. The recruiter I spoke to asked about my preferences for location and departments and then proceeded to ask behavioral questions. Got to the second round of questions which were available through an online service, was given up to 3 chances to re-record.

Interview Questions

• What was a conflict that you had with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

The offer was not for the position above but for a direct hire. Due to unforseen circumstances, I could not accept the position at that time.

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Conversational, got along well with the interviewer. Common interview questions asked. There was test and 3 rounds of interviews. Be well prepared and you should be fine. Also they will discuss company benefits at the second interview. All in all a very pleasant experience.