Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.8

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in July 2013.

The hiring process is long. There are two separate interviews and you must also complete a prior to hire online test. And you must complete a drug screen. The first interview you mostly just answer questions about what hours you are available (my suggestion is to say you are always available) and the second interview you answer simple behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it in a professional manner.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate at all.

Reservation Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in June 2013.

Attended a company sponsored job fair held in Wichita, for the new call center. I don't think they expected as many people to attend as did, because what was supposed to be a 2 hour process took close to 5 hours. Otherwise it was a pretty easy process. I had already done the initial assessment before the job fair, so when I arrived I waited my turn for a 1:1 interview, then shortly after that I did the skills test, and was told that I would be notified by the end of the week. They called 2 days later and made a conditional offer, and I just found out yesterday that I passed the screens. So the whole process took about 2 weeks, which didn't surprise me given the number of people they are hiring for the opening.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond your required duties to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation...I was told that everyone was being paid the same amount regardless while in training. It was take it or leave it.

@home Reservation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in June 2013.

I received a phone call from a person in HR to come in for an assessment. From the moment I walked into The Austin Starwood Call Center, i was greeted with smiles and friendly staff. I was given an interview in person and was truly blown away at how wonderful everything went. I highly respected the lady who spoke with me. She has worked there 29 years and you can tell that she loves her job.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in May 2013.

Included background check, drug screening, employment verification. one on one interview with HR director

Fun Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

This company is amazing. I was running a couple of minutes late to my interview, due to unpredictable traffic issues off the freeway. My interviewer called to insure that I was still coming. She was very polite and professional. Once I arrived I was instructed to wait in the most relaxing room, because it was in fact the relaxation room. The staff and my interviewer made me want to join this company.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected element of the interview was the behavioral assessment. The gave me situations and instead of wanting to know what I would do; they wanted to know what I did in a similar situation.   Answer Question
    I am still in the process of interviewing. I was offered a different job for the same company.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in April 2013.

I found out about the job opening on school business facebook page. Sent in my email directly to the address listed on April 4th. Got a call on April 8,2013 from front office manager for interview with her on April 9,2013 at 1:00p.m. Got to the interview talked about customer service and what would I do if I had an unhappy guest. By 2:45 p.m. April 9,2013 I received a call offering me the position as a part-timer that can be full-time.

There was none pay is $11.00 an hour

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in April 2013.

Behavioral Interview

not available

Executive Meeting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in April 2013.

General contact interview, then Behavioral interview with the department hiring manager. First contact is just a few questions about you and why you are applying to that specific position. Behavioral interview is more in depth and ask multiple past experience questions and how they would relate to what you would be doing at the company.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2013.

One of the most time consuming interview processes I've ever experienced. Initially started with the standard HR interview- then had two, hour+ phone interviews with Director and VP level employees, who were located in different cities. Following those interviews, I had in person meetings with three individuals- two directors and another Field Marketing Manager. After those interviews, spoke with HR again- this time they sent me a "test" to complete. I was given 48 hours to complete three different situation analyses, two high level marketing campaigns, and a personality assessment. After sending my thank you notes, I figured it was time to hurry up and wait. But no- how about TWO more phone interviews? Of the individuals I spoke with, most seemed very nice, and they certainly drank the kool aid and sang the praises of working with SPG. There were two individuals who liked themselves enough that I didn't need to. In case you weren't counting, that's a grand total of eight different interviews, and an assessment which took several hours. After two solid weeks of interviews, I sent my final thank you note to HR....and never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you're smart enough to work here?   View Answer

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Completed application, called for an interview.