Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2013.

Interview Details – This was a behavioral interview. Most of the questions revolved around team work and leadership roles. Many of the questions are very similar so be sure that you have several different situations to draw upon. The interviewer has a book of questions that he uses to interview everyone and he summarizes your responses in the book. The interview was approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Why are you passionate about hospitality?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and the Regional Office got back to me and shared my resume with hotels across the region. Got plenty of emails from lots of hotels and interviewed for 3 on skype. Interview is pretty "dumb" respect to other hotel companies I have applied for.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to motivate your team   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Position sounded good but salary was absolutely ridiculous.

Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview Details – Applied through campus, took a month and so and got a call to schedule my first interview with HR Director, the had a second interview with the F&B Director and the last interview was with the GM, but during the process they changed their mind and decided that they were not looking for a F&B trainee but Housekeeper trainee, so I declined the offer

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you felt you might loose control of your self and explain how you reacted?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They didn't offer what I was looking for

Management Trainee

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on my university's career net. Got accept for an interview. The company came for an info session and I had my interview the next day. The interview was 45 minutes long, and I was asked mostly behavioral questions. After the interview, the interviewer said I would be contacted in 2-4 weeks.

Interview Question – What is a system you implemented at a previous workplace?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer would take a copy of your resume and ask you to tell him about your past experiences based on your resume, you did all of the talking.

There were about 5-6 behavioral questions such as:

1) Tell me about a time when you and another person could not reach a decision and it was challenging for you.
2) Tell me about a time when you had to take on responsibility of a situation when you did not have to.
3) Tell me about a time where you initiated something that improved the customer experience.

Basically they are looking for you to give a specific STAR response, Situation, Task, Action, and Result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you and another person could not reach a decision and it was challenging for you.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to take on responsibility of a situation when you did not have to.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you initiated something that improved the customer experience.   Answer Question

Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in March 2011.

Interview Details – Starwood set up an interview with me the day after they came to my University's career fair. I went into the interview thinking it was going to be 1 on 1, however it turned out to be a 2 person panel interview in a board room. The process went well and the interview lasted about an hour. They were very nice and fun to interview with. I have not yet heard back from them.

Interview Questions

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!