Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Updated Oct 17, 2014

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Starwood came to recruit at my university for Management in Training position. The questions were solely behavioral and very standardized. The next step was a skype interview and then following was an offer. The recruiters were nice but I wished they got to know my personality and asked other questions besides just behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had a disagreement with a co-worker or boss. What happened and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

I received another offer that I wanted more.

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in March 2014.

Completed the online application prior to the company coming to my university's career fair. Due to inclement weather, our on-campus interview turned into a phone interview. The recruiter I spoke to asked about my preferences for location and departments and then proceeded to ask behavioral questions. Got to the second round of questions which were available through an online service, was given up to 3 chances to re-record.

Interview Questions
    • What was a conflict that you had with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

The offer was not for the position above but for a direct hire. Due to unforseen circumstances, I could not accept the position at that time.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2013.

This was a behavioral interview. Most of the questions revolved around team work and leadership roles. Many of the questions are very similar so be sure that you have several different situations to draw upon. The interviewer has a book of questions that he uses to interview everyone and he summarizes your responses in the book. The interview was approximately 45 minutes.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in June 2013.

I applied online and the Regional Office got back to me and shared my resume with hotels across the region. Got plenty of emails from lots of hotels and interviewed for 3 on skype. Interview is pretty "dumb" respect to other hotel companies I have applied for.

Interview Questions

Position sounded good but salary was absolutely ridiculous.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Applied through campus, took a month and so and got a call to schedule my first interview with HR Director, the had a second interview with the F&B Director and the last interview was with the GM, but during the process they changed their mind and decided that they were not looking for a F&B trainee but Housekeeper trainee, so I declined the offer

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you felt you might loose control of your self and explain how you reacted?   Answer Question

They didn't offer what I was looking for

Management Trainee Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in February 2012.

Applied on my university's career net. Got accept for an interview. The company came for an info session and I had my interview the next day. The interview was 45 minutes long, and I was asked mostly behavioral questions. After the interview, the interviewer said I would be contacted in 2-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is a system you implemented at a previous workplace?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2011.

The interviewer would take a copy of your resume and ask you to tell him about your past experiences based on your resume, you did all of the talking.

There were about 5-6 behavioral questions such as:

1) Tell me about a time when you and another person could not reach a decision and it was challenging for you.
    2) Tell me about a time when you had to take on responsibility of a situation when you did not have to.
    3) Tell me about a time where you initiated something that improved the customer experience.

Basically they are looking for you to give a specific STAR response, Situation, Task, Action, and Result.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you and another person could not reach a decision and it was challenging for you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to take on responsibility of a situation when you did not have to.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you initiated something that improved the customer experience.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in March 2011.

Starwood set up an interview with me the day after they came to my University's career fair. I went into the interview thinking it was going to be 1 on 1, however it turned out to be a 2 person panel interview in a board room. The process went well and the interview lasted about an hour. They were very nice and fun to interview with. I have not yet heard back from them.