Starwood Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated May 29, 2015

Executive Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Conversational, got along well with the interviewer. Common interview questions asked. There was test and 3 rounds of interviews. Be well prepared and you should be fine. Also they will discuss company benefits at the second interview. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Welcome Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Online application only, then phone interview, then person to person if lucky.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult: You must give example of the most difficult guest problem encountered, & how you "saved" it.   Answer Question
    • Second difficult question: The best way to surprise a guest to make them happy....bit silly, as what makes one guest happy will not make another guest happy.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring process is intense, they go back in history and do serious drug screening.

Negotiation

The negotiation was very good, I pretty much got what I wanted

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (White Plains, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The worst interview I ever had very disorganized, interviewers were novice, HR reps were not truthful about the process, role and the company. This company has declined a lot in its talent and standards.
    At one time(few years ago) I did really badly want to work for this company and thought very highly of it at that point. My recent experience changed my perception of this company and its goals, resources as well as processes.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your last role   1 Answer

The HR rep. was not truthful about the position and the process was so disorganized, lengthy and not worth it. I declined the offer and I felt very strongly that the time I took to interview with the company was such a waste. I could have not done anything and that would be a better use of my time rather than interviewing with such unprofessional organization.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (White Plains, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a series of six onsite behavioral/verbal interviews (two were with department VPs, the rest were with other managers)

Interview Questions

• Explain global significance of the hospitality industry   Answer Question

Loyalty Programs Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (White Plains, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

One interview with two individuals. The program was new and international. Both individuals were fantastic communicators and explained the program and the plans thoroughly. The interviews were very professional yet both interviewers establish a level of comfort very quickly. It would have been great to have another interview and unfortunately, they did not give any feedback to my recruiter; we believe they hired from within.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of how you have applied something you learned from your international experience, did it work and why?   Answer Question

Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (White Plains, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

About 6 questions asked. They conduct a behavioral interview - prepare!!

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time that you had to manage mutliple projects. give me a specific example, what you did, and the end result.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very fair. Think realistically and do your research.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Behavioral Questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a guest?   1 Answer

Had another opportunity lined up/ Starwood's externship was unpaid.

Winter Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. The interviewer reads from a packet of different questions. It is less of a discussion. It was a total of 7-8 questions. Each question they wanted the situation, how I reacted, and the results of my actions. Be sure to be very clear in this form. I found the position through college recruiting.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutherford, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (Rutherford, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

short and unorganized

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none