Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Winter Extern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through my university's career services site and was accepted for an interview. Ended up talking to the recruiters at the careeer fair, and had an interview later that day. Was a pretty standard interview, they asked about my courses, experience in the industry, information about my self, etc. They seemed to really like when I asked about how they got involved with the company, and asking about what it was like to work for Starwood.

Interview Question – "Please tell us about a time when you had to accept responsibility and take ownership of a situation when things didn't go according to plans?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As this was for an externship, there wasn't much negotiation... I got a call from the hotel they placed me with, and then from there someone from HR and I discussed to figure out set dates, when I'd fly in, when I'd fly out, etc.

New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2010.

Interview Details – It was a behavioral interview. The interviewer reads from a packet of different questions. It is less of a discussion. It was a total of 7-8 questions. Each question they wanted the situation, how I reacted, and the results of my actions. Be sure to be very clear in this form. I found the position through college recruiting.

Interview Question – How did you go above and beyond for a guest?   Answer Question

Winter Extern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus recruiting, got accepted for an interview, scheduled an interview, had 1:1 behavioral interview (tell us about a time when you took more weight on a team, tell us a time when you led a team, where would you prefer to work/property/region), offered the job 3 weeks later.

Did this for winter 2010 and winter 2011 (both successful)- they are great with offering jobs to people they have already worked with

Interview Questions

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!