Starwood Hotels & Resorts

www.starwoodhotels.com

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Winter Extern Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Winter Extern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2012.

Applied through my university's career services site and was accepted for an interview. Ended up talking to the recruiters at the careeer fair, and had an interview later that day. Was a pretty standard interview, they asked about my courses, experience in the industry, information about my self, etc. They seemed to really like when I asked about how they got involved with the company, and asking about what it was like to work for Starwood.

Interview Questions
  • "Please tell us about a time when you had to accept responsibility and take ownership of a situation when things didn't go according to plans?"   View Answer
As this was for an externship, there wasn't much negotiation... I got a call from the hotel they placed me with, and then from there someone from HR and I discussed to figure out set dates, when I'd fly in, when I'd fly out, etc.

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2010.

It was a behavioral interview. The interviewer reads from a packet of different questions. It is less of a discussion. It was a total of 7-8 questions. Each question they wanted the situation, how I reacted, and the results of my actions. Be sure to be very clear in this form. I found the position through college recruiting.

Winter Extern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2009.

Applied through on-campus recruiting, got accepted for an interview, scheduled an interview, had 1:1 behavioral interview (tell us about a time when you took more weight on a team, tell us a time when you led a team, where would you prefer to work/property/region), offered the job 3 weeks later.

Did this for winter 2010 and winter 2011 (both successful)- they are great with offering jobs to people they have already worked with

Interview Questions

Worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!