Starwood Hotels & Resorts Winter Extern Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

Winter Extern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Interview

Behavioral Interview - Be prepared to answer with specific examples of a time that you did something that is being asked in the question. Sent in my application through Starwood's website, was asked to interview on campus, got a phone call around 2/3 weeks later accepted that day.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult - at times the interview process felt very awkward because there was no conversation between me and the person interviewing me all of my answers were just written down and sent to corporate.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Starwood Hotels & Resorts

Winter Extern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through my university's career services site and was accepted for an interview. Ended up talking to the recruiters at the careeer fair, and had an interview later that day. Was a pretty standard interview, they asked about my courses, experience in the industry, information about my self, etc. They seemed to really like when I asked about how they got involved with the company, and asking about what it was like to work for Starwood.

Interview Questions

• "Please tell us about a time when you had to accept responsibility and take ownership of a situation when things didn't go according to plans?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

As this was for an externship, there wasn't much negotiation... I got a call from the hotel they placed me with, and then from there someone from HR and I discussed to figure out set dates, when I'd fly in, when I'd fly out, etc.

Winter Extern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview. The interviewer reads from a packet of different questions. It is less of a discussion. It was a total of 7-8 questions. Each question they wanted the situation, how I reacted, and the results of my actions. Be sure to be very clear in this form. I found the position through college recruiting.

Winter Extern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Starwood Hotels & Resorts in October 2009.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting, got accepted for an interview, scheduled an interview, had 1:1 behavioral interview (tell us about a time when you took more weight on a team, tell us a time when you led a team, where would you prefer to work/property/region), offered the job 3 weeks later.

Did this for winter 2010 and winter 2011 (both successful)- they are great with offering jobs to people they have already worked with