Interviews for Top Jobs at State College of Florida

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

I applied online. I interviewed at State College of Florida (Bradenton, FL) in December 2014.

I applied online and interviewed with the department directors 3 days later. The interview went well and my former supervisor told me they contacted her for a reference and said that I was their top candidate. One week later I received a call from a human resources representative who said she just had a few questions. The call turned out to be a one hour grueling interrogation with her insisting that I list my shortcomings and weaknesses in former jobs. When I indicated a few minor ones she said ' oh everybody does that' and she kept insisting I list more weaknesses, or examples of where supervisors said I needed improvement on performance evals in the past 10 years. I told her that I could not even remember that far back, that nothing stood out. Any response I gave was not acceptable, and it seemed as though she was intentionally trying to eliminate me. I eventually provided some personal weaknesses just to end the interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions about my qualifications for the job were asked by the department directors at the in-person interview. The follow up phone call from a person in human resources was only directed at demanding that I indicate weaknesses/shortcomings other than minor ones.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State College of Florida.

It was fairly easy. I contacted the department and was interviewed from there. There was not formal interview process, but they do a thorough background check. Things might have changed since I was hired.

There was no negotiation.