State Compensation Insurance Fund Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.0

Staff Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (North Sacramento, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

3 person panel. 2 step hiring process. I applied about one month before I actually received an email from someone that scheduled me with an interview. They were all extremely nice and quick to get back to you. I've interviewed at another department that didn't call me or email to even tell me I didn't receive an offer. I had to call after one month for them to tell me I didn't get the job. I loved how state fund was so efficient.

Interview Questions

Interview

First you must take & pass an exam to qualify to work for the State Fund. It is a timed multiple choice exam that covers math & reading comprehension. I think it had 150 questions & you had to get 75 of them right to pass. Once you pass you are ranked and as jobs open up the State Fund will call you.

Interview Questions

• I had a 3 person interview panel. All typical interview questions   1 Answer

Program Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

state of california test. if you rank in top 3, they will probably call you in. process from test to interview approximately 2 months. time from interview to hire approximately 1 week

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with many tasks that must be completed asap?   Answer Question

Medical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Essentially submitted my CV, spoke to Medical Director, and was hired.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (Vacaville, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

you have to pass a test and rank between one-three...then when there's an opening they will call for a panel interview

Negotiation

no negotiation at all

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund in March 2011.

Interview

Lots of questions on general management of claims, both in organizational and legal aspects. Focus on penalty-driven issues and Labor Code understanding. They might ask how you would prioritize certain types of work, how you manage your day, or ask for definitions of certain terms. Have available any questions you may have regarding your expectations.

Interview Questions

• If we called your supervisor, what would he or she say might be an area where you might need some work?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund in May 2010.

Interview

The application and interview process was easy since it is available as an internal vacancy. Note that most of the available positions are internal vacancy postings - State Fund hires from within. Some interviews are panel interviews and some are 1-on-1, while some are done by video interviews. If you are from the outside then you will have to take the civil service exam before you are able to apply for open positions.

Interview Questions

• If you receive a complaint from an employee stating that someone's perfume is bothering them, how would you handle this?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

This is a qualification appraisal interview. A promotional exam which is not open to public but only for current State Fund employees. A standard State application was submitted and HR will determine if you meet a minimum qualification as stated in exam announcement. You will be asked situational question on how you ate going to handle difficult employees, how to handle absentee/habitual tardiness, how you are going to promote a safety working environment, enforce State policy of equal employment opportunity etc., all asked in a situation format. Usually conducted in a panel interview with representative from HR.