State Farm Actuarial Intern Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Actuarial Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm.

I submitted the application online and got a phone interview less than a week later. The interviewer wasn't an actuary, so we weren't on the same page with a lot of the communication. The questions were very robotic because she was reading off her computer (I could hear the keyboard clicking as I was talking). The duration of the phone call was about half an hour, half of it was spent telling me about the position.

Interview Questions
  • Name something negative about your past job experiences.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in November 2010.

I applied online and then I received a call to schedule a phone interview two weeks later. After the phone interview I waited a couple of weeks without hearing anything and was offered a different position with a different company so I took that.

I have interview previously for this position before though and it also consisted of a 2:1 Interview.

Interview Questions

Was offered a position with a different company before State Farm could bring me in for another interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in October 2010.

They do not like to hire interns on F1 visa. So they just mock interviewed me. I had to sum up my strengths and weaknesses. They asked a few questions about the presentations I did in the past. I also described how I interact and get along with people in a new environment.
    My advice to interview candidates is very simple. KNOW YOUR RESUME. They ask questions based on stuff you put on your resume.

Interview Questions

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!