State Farm

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – I submitted the application online and got a phone interview less than a week later. The interviewer wasn't an actuary, so we weren't on the same page with a lot of the communication. The questions were very robotic because she was reading off her computer (I could hear the keyboard clicking as I was talking). The duration of the phone call was about half an hour, half of it was spent telling me about the position.

Interview Question – Name something negative about your past job experiences.   Answer Question

Bloomington, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and then I received a call to schedule a phone interview two weeks later. After the phone interview I waited a couple of weeks without hearing anything and was offered a different position with a different company so I took that.

I have interview previously for this position before though and it also consisted of a 2:1 Interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Was offered a position with a different company before State Farm could bring me in for another interview.

Bloomington, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in October 2010.

Interview Details – They do not like to hire interns on F1 visa. So they just mock interviewed me. I had to sum up my strengths and weaknesses. They asked a few questions about the presentations I did in the past. I also described how I interact and get along with people in a new environment.
My advice to interview candidates is very simple. KNOW YOUR RESUME. They ask questions based on stuff you put on your resume.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm Actuarial Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.