Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm
- Claims Representative (60)
- Customer Service Representative (38)
- Intern (32)
- Sales Representative (25)
- Insurance Sales Representative (21)
- Claims Processor (16)
- Underwriter (16)
- Auto Claim Representative (16)
- AGENT STAFF - TEAM MEMBER (13)
- Claim Representative (11)
- Business Analyst (11)
- Office Representative (11)
- Systems Analyst (10)
- Underwriting Assistant (10)
- Insurance Agent (10)
- College Intern (9)
- Claims Associate -ILR (9)
- Insurance Account Representative (8)
- Underwriting Service Assistant (8)
- Team Member (7)
- Agent (7)
- Claims Associate - Express (7)
- Claim Processor (6)
- Claims Adjuster (6)
- Sales Agent/Customer Service Representative (5)
- Claims Service Representative (5)
- Administrative Assistant (5)
- Technical Analyst (5)
- Auto Claims Processor (5)
- Fire Claims Representative (5)
Actuarial Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at State Farm.
I submitted the application online and got a phone interview less than a week later. The interviewer wasn't an actuary, so we weren't on the same page with a lot of the communication. The questions were very robotic because she was reading off her computer (I could hear the keyboard clicking as I was talking). The duration of the phone call was about half an hour, half of it was spent telling me about the position.
- Name something negative about your past job experiences. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for State Farm
Actuarial Intern InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in November 2010.
I applied online and then I received a call to schedule a phone interview two weeks later. After the phone interview I waited a couple of weeks without hearing anything and was offered a different position with a different company so I took that.
I have interview previously for this position before though and it also consisted of a 2:1 Interview.
Reasons for Declining
Was offered a position with a different company before State Farm could bring me in for another interview.
Actuarial Intern InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a day – interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in October 2010.
They do not like to hire interns on F1 visa. So they just mock interviewed me. I had to sum up my strengths and weaknesses. They asked a few questions about the presentations I did in the past. I also described how I interact and get along with people in a new environment.
My advice to interview candidates is very simple. KNOW YOUR RESUME. They ask questions based on stuff you put on your resume.