State Farm

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Auto Claim Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – The initial application process is fairly simple on the State Farm HR site. After the closing date, I was asked to complete two online tests; one asked questions about my personality, and presented scenarios to show that I was reasonably intelligent and that I could understand business policies. The other tested typing and computer related skills. Next I was given a phone interview, then was asked to come for an in person interview at the operations center. There were around 5-10 people in a panel who asked questions. After I was offered the job I also had to take a drug test and I believe I had to have a background check.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not an option.

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – Talking about yourself, and will ask you couple simple question and some situation question. After that, you will rcv a phone call for face to face interview.

Interview Question – Why you leave the current company   Answer Question

DuPont, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online application was first, then a phone interview explaining company and position. After that an online test which included typing skills and personality test had to be taken. If successful an interview with a panel of three. Then finally a tentative job offer was given pending background and drug test.

Interview Question – All questions were expected and were not difficult. Interview team very welcoming.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really no negotiation. I had experience and they compensated for that.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Johns Creek, GA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very thorough. Altogether it took about 1 1/2 months from the date of application. I applied mid April. I was emailed an invitation to take two online assessments (one was a simulation the other a typing test). The following monday I received a call to set up a telephone interview. After the phone interview they scheduled me for a face-to-face panel interview. About a week I received a contingent offer letter, and background check authorization form. About a week after that I received an email of the confirmed job offer.

Interview Question – Give an example of a situation where you had an irate customer who's issue you could not solve. How did you deal with it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not available.

Wayne, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – two group interviews and a skills test

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Auto Claim Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – 1) I was a summer intern during college and they immediately called me upon graduation advising of a job opening for a bi-lingual claim representative.
2) I went in to take a pre-employment test.
3) I got called back for an interview w/ 2 managers.
4) The same day I left the interview I got called back w/ a job offer.

Interview Question – What's the biggest challange you have faced thus far in life?   Answer Question

Duluth, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initially contacted via email to take tests. Passed the tests, and received an email within 24 hours after taking tests to set up a initial phone interview. Answered some behavioral based questions (when is a time you had a difficult situation?, etc). Within 2 weeks I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview, where I met with 3 hr representatives. Within 1 week, I was sent an email for a contingency job offer, pending background check and drug test.

Interview Question – When was a time you had promised a customer results but could not deliver those results? How did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Set starting salary.

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in January 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online at statefarm.com. Was contacted about 1 week later to have a phone interview in 1 week. Then offered a group interview the week after the phone interview. Got a decision from them 2 weeks after the group interview.

Interview Question – One question was a claimant was supposed to pick up his car from the repair shop on Friday but said he was in a meeting. Called on Monday to ask us to pay for the 3 additional days rental fee. The claimant emphasized that it was my client's fault.   View Answer

Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Interview Details – The entire process took nearly three months. If you are selected from the applicant pool, you'll first have to take a test on policies. You are given several scenarios and then a series of questions about each. After that, you'll listen to several simulated sales calls and this will utilize your data entry skills. It was absurdly easy and I had all the data entry completed before the "customer" even finished speaking. I next did the typing speed test and scored around 95 wpm. I was only worried about the first portion of the test. I received an email to set up my phone interview next.

I was a little surprised that the phone interview was behavioral based. I hadn't had to look for a job in the last 10 years and I thought I did well answering until the HR rep told me that I talk a lot. And with this sort of job they need someone to think quickly and be concise as this will be a phone-oriented job. She also, nicely, suggested I practice the STAR style interview before the face-to-face interview. I received an email from her 3 days later saying that they are constantly reviewing their hiring process, etc, etc. Then, out of the blue in mid-December, I got a call for a face-to-face interview.

During the face-to-face, you'll have two or so managers asking you behavioral-style questions. They are reading from several sheets and the other is taking notes. The questions are poorly-worded and the interviewers even comment on that. I straight-up told them that they should make sure they fix those since not doing so is unfair to any applicant and it's unprofessional.

The job itself is in a call center and you'll be dealing with frightened/angry customers who will swear at you. Lots of stress, apparently and very sedentary.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to tell someone something they didn't want to hear and how you did it.   Answer Question

Auto Claim Representative

I applied online and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Questions about company, about your previous employment, why you want to work with State Farm, how you heard about the company, situational questions, how would you react in certain scenarios

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you encountered a problem an how did you solve this problem,   Answer Question

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!