State Farm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Bloomington, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at State Farm in March 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication was very well planned and the recruiter was willing to work with a flexible schedule for interviews. A series of two calls were scheduled to cover background and experience level. The second call was a discussion with the team that this position was joining and they asked more personalized questions.

Interview Question – There were no off putting challenge questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward and easy going. I had also done my homework prior to this negotiation.

Technical Coordinator Interview

Technical Coordinator
Bloomington, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – First contact is with a HR Recruiter by phone &/or email, and eventually an interview and pre-employment testing. If all goes well you will get an interview with the hiring manager (team) at that point.

Interview Question – The unexpected question I was asked was if I were a piece of playground equipment what would I be and why.   View Answer

Crc Representative Interview

Crc Representative
Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1.Filled out app online 2.Signed disclosure 3. Received testing material 4. Received competitive score email. 5. HR rep Called to schedule phone interview. Had interview and received job offer the same day.
I am currently in the drug screen/drug test part of it now.

Interview Question – Name a time you and an employee had a difference of opinion and what came of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to get the 5,550 salary increase I wanted

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Process Improvement Analyst Internship Interview

Process Improvement Analyst Internship
Bloomington, IL

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online in December 2013. Scheduled a behavioral phone interview in the same month and had a second technical interview in January 2014.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time you failed at something."   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Bloomington, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at State Farm in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed once by telephone

Interview Question – New upgrade design was expained and I was asked my opinion.   View Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in December 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was a phone interview with a HR Recruiter. They asked general questions pertaining to my educational background and work history. The next interview was an in-person panel interview. The position was competitive for a new grad like me, and in the end they chose someone with more experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you provided remarkable customer service.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Bloomington, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

Interview Details – As in internal hire, I applied through State Farm's internal online application system. Then communication was handled via my supervisor from that point on. I was first contacted to schedule an interview for the new position. My management was incredibly helpful during this entire process and went through mock interviews with me and helped prepare me as well as they could. By the time I went into my official interview, I felt very well equipped and as at ease as is possible. The standard State Farm interview is filled with "Tell us of a time when" questions. They are looking for specific answers where you tell a good short story that illustrates your success. It helps to prepare lots of examples beforehand. They will ask questions regarding your ability to interact with people, your adaptability, your communication style, difficult situations you have been in during the past, how you handle multiple objectives, your ability to work in a team, etc. As long as you have lots of stories geared up and ready to go, the interviews are not overly difficult.

Interview Question – "Tell us of a time when you more to get done than you could handle. How did you react to that and what was the oucome?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was coming from a previous department at State Farm, so there really is no negotiation process for salary. The starting salary for this position is fairly cut and dry. However, I felt the starting salary I was given was more than fair.

Life/Health Intern Interview

Life/Health Intern
Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview with HR. I was initially applying for an actuarial internship, but didn't have any exams passed, so the HR rep suggested applying for some different internships. I applied to a few in the life/health department.

I received an email a couple of weeks later telling me when my next phone interview was (didn't contact me to ask when a good time would be, just decided for me). Luckily, I was available at that time. This phone interview was with two different hiring managers in L/H. It lasted about a half hour, same as the initial interview.

A few weeks after that, I got an email saying I got the position!

Interview Question – Tell a time you had to be a leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an internship, so there was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

IT Coop/Intern Interview

IT Coop/Intern
Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in October 2012.

Interview Details – I Received a request for a phone interview about a week after applying online. The Interview started with "Don't worry, we will not ask you anything technical" so I felt like there was little to set me apart from other candidates. The secretary forgot to inform anyone that I had arrived (annoying) and all questions were behavioral.

Interview Question – "Tell us about a situation in which you performed badly without supervision"   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Bloomington, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2012.

Interview Details – After email exchanges, initial interview was a video-call with recruiter (outside vendor) for IT job, then a discussion with an employee (of the recruiter) in the work area, followed by 2 discussions/interviews with a corporate manager. All of this was done long-distance due to me living/working out of the USA, up until the job offer.

Interview Question – What examples of your current or past experience have prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm interview questions and advice in Bloomington, IL. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.