State Farm Interview Questions in Bloomington, IL

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at my university's career fair and was offered an interview on the spot to be held two weeks later. The interview was fairly strait forward, mostly questions asking me to describe a time when.... There was one technical questions asking me about a time where I anylized big data.

Systems Analyst-Web Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Typical process. Phone interview with hr recruiter. A month later got an invite for an on site which changed to being at corporate south. Had to wait five weeks for a rejection and it took many calls just to get that out of them. Overall the process took over four months.

Technical Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

First contact is with a HR Recruiter by phone &/or email, and eventually an interview and pre-employment testing. If all goes well you will get an interview with the hiring manager (team) at that point.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question I was asked was if I were a piece of playground equipment what would I be and why.   1 Answer

Crc Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

1.Filled out app online 2.Signed disclosure 3. Received testing material 4. Received competitive score email. 5. HR rep Called to schedule phone interview. Had interview and received job offer the same day.
    I am currently in the drug screen/drug test part of it now.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you and an employee had a difference of opinion and what came of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to get the 5,550 salary increase I wanted

Process Improvement Analyst Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied Online in December 2013. Scheduled a behavioral phone interview in the same month and had a second technical interview in January 2014.

Life/Health Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview with HR. I was initially applying for an actuarial internship, but didn't have any exams passed, so the HR rep suggested applying for some different internships. I applied to a few in the life/health department.

I received an email a couple of weeks later telling me when my next phone interview was (didn't contact me to ask when a good time would be, just decided for me). Luckily, I was available at that time. This phone interview was with two different hiring managers in L/H. It lasted about a half hour, same as the initial interview.

A few weeks after that, I got an email saying I got the position!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was an internship, so there was no negotiation.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

As in internal hire, I applied through State Farm's internal online application system. Then communication was handled via my supervisor from that point on. I was first contacted to schedule an interview for the new position. My management was incredibly helpful during this entire process and went through mock interviews with me and helped prepare me as well as they could. By the time I went into my official interview, I felt very well equipped and as at ease as is possible. The standard State Farm interview is filled with "Tell us of a time when" questions. They are looking for specific answers where you tell a good short story that illustrates your success. It helps to prepare lots of examples beforehand. They will ask questions regarding your ability to interact with people, your adaptability, your communication style, difficult situations you have been in during the past, how you handle multiple objectives, your ability to work in a team, etc. As long as you have lots of stories geared up and ready to go, the interviews are not overly difficult.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us of a time when you more to get done than you could handle. How did you react to that and what was the oucome?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was coming from a previous department at State Farm, so there really is no negotiation process for salary. The starting salary for this position is fairly cut and dry. However, I felt the starting salary I was given was more than fair.

Catastrophe Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a series of online tests, then a phone interview. After that, I was invited to a personal interview in Dallas Texas.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you found it difficult to communicate with a customer. Since I don't really have trouble communicating, I found myself at a loss of words (pretty ironic given the circumstances). I fumbled my way through that one.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Group interview. People were nice and asked probing questions about business and technology relevant to their day to day activities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficult. I felt extremely low balled by my initial offer and the negotiated offer wasn't much better, but the economy was so tough.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was by telephone and email. I had two interviews, the first with HR which was a pretty basic sanity check interview. At the same time there was a basic computer skills test measuring typing speed and accuracy, etc. The second interview was more involved, with questions about sales experience and customer service experience. Expect what-if scenarios and 'give me an example of a time when you..' type questions.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation of wages, they had a set pay.