State Farm Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

applied online a recruiter got back to me after a month to schedule a phone interview. Had the phone interview a week later.After 2 weeks face to face interview with 2 hiring managers. .They got back to me with an offer after 2 weeks. Contrary to what I always read I was not referred so I want to give hope to others who know no one in a company. Good things can happen. State Farm is a great company accepting offer. .

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? How you handled a challenge? Behavioural interview questions STAR. The interview was difficult as they were specific, they want detailed information of what you did.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sell yourself make an impression, be confident Answer the question but also apply your knowledge about the role. We talked beyond the interview about so many concepts, methodologies etc..Just know your stuff..Pray and believe

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I was suppose to have a first round phone interview at the stated time and my interviewer never showed up and than i get the stupid message saying i didn't when that was simply not true. I will see if a person responds or not.

Interview Questions

• nothing since my interviewer didn't show up, just asked to put in conference ID.   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

2/17/15 First, State Farm came to our university to talk to our A.I.S Organization. They also had a quad-copter as a door prize. Their team consisted of a Business Analyst, IT Analyst, Systems Security and a Manager. I introduced myself and gave the Business Analyst my resume that night. 2/18/15 The next day, they attended our schools career fair. I talked with the same Business Analyst (BA) and a recruiter that day as well. I gave them my resume again, and they gave me a job code to look up and apply for. I applied for the position that night as well as emailed and connected with the BA on LinkedIn. 3/3/15 I received an invitation to have a phone interview. 3/12/15 I had my phone interview with another BA and a manager, which consisted of basic HR questions and general concept questions over different languages (Rate your level of understanding). I was also notified that they would recommend me for a video conference with corporate for an onsite visit 3/16/15 Email to confirm my onsite visit 3/18/15 Onsite visit. Met with the BA I met at our school and career fair. Had the video conference (about 1hr 15min). Basic HR questions. PDLC questions, JCL question, Basic COBOL and Java questions. 3/24/15 Email to confirm my Contingent job offer. (Depending on a background check) I'm accepting for now, so hopefully the rest of the process goes well.

Interview Questions

• How are JCL and the COBOL program related?   2 Answers
    • A time when you had a difficult problem and you didn't know what to do. What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my University Career Fair and had an interview with HR the next day. The first round interview last about an hour and then they got back to me in about 3 weeks letting me know that I made it into second round. Second round was at their corporate office in Bloomington, IL with their hiring managers in the field you applied for. Second round interview also lasted an hour. They got back to me in a week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to work with a tough group member and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Friendly panel interview. Interviewed via phone beginning of December. Then face to face in feb. HR seemed helpful. Panel didn't seem very interested in filling the role or knowing what exact skill Set are they looking for. I am glad I didn't wait for their rejection and grabbed an offer elsewhere. I think if they aren't interested in a candidate, they should not waste 3 months of their time. Agree with the previous poster about their restructuring. I don't think they are seriously hiring tech jobs yet. Liked the company and wish it would work out. Have applied to other jobs there. Some rejected, some waiting for their rejection...lol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State Farm (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Process has significantly changed over twenty plus years. Initially focused on subject matter expertise and education, training and specific work experiences. Interviews were conducted by senior management with long tenure and significant company exposure. Last series of interviews at Corporate were increasingly conducted as situational question and answer sessions and run by junior leaders with relatively short company histories.

Interview Questions

• Focus on standardized situational question format rather than exploring technical expertise for specific job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Start date flexible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at State Farm (Tuscaloosa, AL) in September 2013.

Interview

I first encountered State Farm at my University's Fall Career Fair. After a brief discussion with a recruiter and giving them my resume, I was asked to complete an initial interview the next day. The first interview lasted about an hour and was with 3 other analysts. Then, a few weeks later, I was invited to complete a second in-person interview when they returned to my school's campus. This interview was about an hour and a half, and was with two analysts from their HQ as well as one analyst from my first interview. Roughly two weeks after that interview I received a job offer from the HR department including details and salary amount. I was hired in early November after initially interviewing in late September.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you conveyed difficult information to someone in a way that was easily understood.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my initial salary because it was more than fair compared to other company's starting BA salaries. I was successful in negotiating a slight change to my start date. This negotiation happened during the Spring semester and changed my start date from early June to mid July.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

STAR process was used.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time in your career when you had to deal with difficult coworkers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Group interview. People were nice and asked probing questions about business and technology relevant to their day to day activities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficult. I felt extremely low balled by my initial offer and the negotiated offer wasn't much better, but the economy was so tough.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Interview

2 phone calls and 1 onsite. Interviewer was friendly. did not get into technical questions. asked behavioural questions. Asked me if i wanted to relocate to Bloomington. overall a positive experiance. Phone interview was not audible but had to manage somehow