State Farm Claim Associate Express Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2014

1.8

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Associate-Express Interview

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm.

I applied for probably 15 positions, each one with a slightly lower salary than the previous. State Farm prefers to hire on the ground floor (auto claims) and promote from within. If you want to work for State Farm, you should plan on applying for ILR-Auto or Express-Auto and work your way up/over from there. They each, typically, have only one interview--a phone interview.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Claims Associate-Express Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in February 2014.

This whole process went fairly quick. I was contacted within 1 week of applying to take skills and personality tests. A day after I took the tests, they reached out to me to schedule a telephone interview. They called me right on time for the phone interview and, despite being prepared, I was VERY nervous the ENTIRE time; yet I gave pretty good answers to the questions that were being answered (standard interview questions which were answered well probably since I thought about the answers days before the actual interview). I'm not sure if she realized how nervous I was but for the most part, I made sure my voice sounded very friendly while making sure to let my intellect be heard, smile, withhold from saying, "umm" and "like," and withhold from sounding dull. She gave me a contingent job offer on the spot. The next day, I received my packet via email for my background and drug screening; it took them about a week to complete all of this, then I received an email giving me my official offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult or unexpected. She asked me standard interview questions which were not difficult (i.e. "Why do you want to work for State Farm?")   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I believe they asked me if I'm okay with the salary and told me it was non-negotiable a few different times.

Claim Associate-Express Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in October 2012.

I was contacted via phone to schedule phone interview. Several days later, I received the call at the scheduled time. Phone interview lasted about 30 and was mainly personality based questions. Job offer was immediate, contingent to background criminal and drug test results.DakSalary was non-negotiable.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer.

Claim Associate- Express Interview

You apply online and receive a call within 1-2 weeks. After the call you are e-mailed a link to take an aptitude, and mathematics test. If you pass, you take a phone interview. After the phone interview you are called 2-3 days later to schedule a face-to-face interview which is 4-6 weeks later. If hired, you take a drug test, and begin your training shortly after.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview process was a series of phone calls and answering questions. Once you are offered a position, you will go through the background check process. All is pretty standard and easy.

There is no negotiating on salary.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Easy interview. applied online, took a test. if you pass the test they send you an email to set up a phone interview. If you pass the interview you are pretty much hired.

no negotiation.

Express Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in January 2013.

submitted application online, 2 weeks later received a call- scheduled phone interview
    1 month later was offered job

Interview Questions
    • all psychoanalytical questions, irrelevant to the job-- H/R couldn't provide a set schedule or too much info about the job   Answer Question
    They refused to negotiate, never got a face to face
    Very non chalant and "unremarkable" for a company that invests a lot of money in training and prides itself in developing people to brand calls with the customers. Their hiring practices need a lot of work.

Express Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

I initially applied the beginning of September '13, took 2 or 3 pre-employment tests and then attended the job fair about 2 weeks later that was held in Dunwoody. The job fair took a little over 6 hours to complete but after the interview, they advised that you would hear back by the next week whether you'll proceed in the hiring process. I wasn't chosen for the initial training class that started the beginning of October, but they automatically forwarded my application and resume for the new job posting number for the top 2 positions I told them I would be most interested in (at this point I thought this was it since I wasn't hired the first time, I wouldn't be chosen the second time around); alas, 2 days later I was sent a phone interview request via email asking what number and times I would be available for 2 upcoming days. I received my phone interview 30 minutes early from Rodney; but it felt as though it was apart of the interview process to see if I was available and/or how I'd react to something I wasn't expecting until later. The questions were much of the same that was asked at the job fair in regards to explaining my background (DO NOT DELVE INTO EMPLOYMENT HISTORY THAT ISN'T PERTINENT TO THE JOB), telling him about myself, why I wanted to work for State Farm and answering questions that he formulated from what I said in response to his questions. He paid particular attention to answers related to going above and beyond and helping others (co-workers) even if you don't get recognition for it. At the end, he asked if I had questions and upon answering the questions I had (ask him something even if you know the answer) extended me a contingent offer of employment. He explained I would receive a final offer pending a successful background check, drug screen and still able to start the training class that's slated to begin in Dec.He also advised of all the processes and steps that need to be taken and when, the starting salary and reiterated the fact that this position is moving towards a 24/7 time frame.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, but be ready to explain your responses to his questions.
      "When you say growth--what do you mean by that?"
        View Answer
    Rodney advised the job starts at 27,800 and asked if that was agreeable (as it was non-negotiable.)

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

I originally applied for the Claims Associate ILR position on 7/10/13. I submitted an application online via the company career website. Once you apply for any position, your application remains active for 12 months. One thing I can appreciate with their employment process, they notify you almost immediately(within 2 business days) if you are not a prospective candidate for the position in which you applied. Some 2 months had passed before I was alerted that I was being considered for the position. At that time, I was directed to take the pre-employment screening(9/9/13) which included a skills assessment including a typing test and a general personality test. I learned that I was successfully in my screening on 9/11/13 and a HR rep will contact me if I would be interviewing for the position. On 9/26/13, I learned that I was selected to be interviewed via phone at a later date. Interesting enough, the following day on 9/27/13 I received 2 different emails from State Farm. The first notified me that I was no longer being considered for the position I applied. The second notified me of my phone interview, however it was for an entirely different position. As it turns out, this position paid more than the original. So my phone interview was set on 10/2/13. The interview was a success and I was offered the position contingent upon successfully completing a background check. I received the contingent offer a week later on 10/10/13 and information about the background check. It was conducted by HireRight. I was required to submit my information via their company site, much like another job application. They asked for previous work experience, education, and criminal history. After submitting that information, I received an email directing me to take the drug screening. I was scheduled the following day. My background check took about a week which was expected because I had a few convictions in the past. I learned that HireRight looks back 10 years on criminal convictions, as opposed to 7 years which is more common. I was eventually contacted by State Farm HR(10/17/13) to notify me of the discovery as they wanted an explanation of the circumstances that led to my charges. I was very fortunate I mentioned my background on my both my application to State Farm and HireRight. Had I not, I can only assume that I would've been disqualified from the position. That being said, I was then contacted by interviewer(10/18/13) that everything was fine with my background and I was officially offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • My phone interview went very smoothly. We talked about my experience and what I was looking for in an employer. Basic interview questions, but I immediately got the impression my interviewer liked me and she rushed me through some of my responses. There was times I wanted to expand of my thought but I guess she had other interviews to get through. All in all, I enjoyed the experience and was offered.   View Answer

Claims Associate- Express Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2013.

Went to Richardson job fair. There were tons of people there so we waited, watched videos and talked to associates for about an hour and a half then we had about 10 minute individual interviews. The interviewer was very nice and asked simple basic interview questions. More so to get a feel for my personality than skills. They let you know right then whether you would move ahead to the next step in process.

Interview Questions
    • Examples of when I had to display excellent customer service and how I would handle conflict in the work place, etc.   View Answer
    The salary wasn't negotiable but as a person fresh out of college, it was acceptable to me. Do your best on the pre-employment test. They seem hard but are easy to pass.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!