State Farm Claim Associate ILR Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015
Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.4

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Details
I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in March 2015.

2/20/15: applied online thru SF careers site.
2/23/15: received email with pre-employment test instructions. took tests same day. 3 tests, typing, data entry/call center, & behavioral.
3/2/115: received email to chose day and time for 45 minute phone interview.
3/3/15: phone interview set for 11am they called @11:05. A man from Atlanta went over position details then began questioning. be prepared with SPECIFIC examples. He asked for me to specify a few times. it was difficult if you don't prepare.The questions are posted in the reviews other people gave. A the end I was told to hold on and 1 min later I was told I had the job!!!! I was told to look out for an email regrading background and drug testing. Salary is not negotiable.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and were able to help them turn it into a positive experience
    tell me about yourself, your career, and schooling
    tell me a time when your coworkers were not getting along and how you handled it

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm in February 2015.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview after I completed an application and skills test. I was asked about four questions then was given a contingent job offer. I went through a background check and drug test. Then was offered a final job offer. The process in all was about one month.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about statefarm   View Answer
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a customer that was irate? How did you diffuse the situation?   View Answer

Claims Associate ILR Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

I applied online and about two weeks later received and invitation to complete the online assessment which included data entry and a typing test. Once that was completed and passed I was selected to complete an interview over the phone with a HR recruiter who was really nice and made me feel very comfortable in the process. She was very personable and polite, not to mention professional and asked basic questions such as why I was seeking this position and why I wanted to work for SF. After that I was asked a series of behavioral questions( its good to prepare for all kinds of these questions and situations that may apply to you) (I.E. tell me about a time you could not satisfy a customer and how did you handle it. Be specific and say exactly what you would say in that type of situation.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if two coworkers were in a disagreement, what would you do, how would you handle it. Even if you don't have an example, they want to know what you WOULD do in that situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. The benefits are great as well as the pay

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm.

Initially I was contacted via e-mail for an interview with State Farm. A recruiter called me promptly at the time that we had scheduled. She asked simple questions about my resume and for me to tell her about myself and my career journey. She was mild -- but very professional. I never had a face to face interview. The overall process took about 2 months. To include the drug test and the background check. You are giving your scheduled 4 week training time via e-mail as well as your work schedule. The pay is non-negotiable. And so is your schedule.

Interview Questions
    • A time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the end result.   Answer Question
    The is no negotiation phase.

Claim Associate ILR Interview

Phone interview for the position. The hiring recruiter called who was very friendly and professional. He asked with several question regarding me such as tell me about yourself & why you want to join the state farm team. The interview was approximately 25 mins and had regular types of interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a dissatisfied customer. How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in August 2014.

The interview process with State Farm is simple and easy. I happened to apply for the Claims Associate position two days after it was posted on the careers website and I got an email back from State Farm the next day saying I had made it to the next round. First you email an agreement form back to State Farm then you take a typing test and data entry simulation on SkilTrak. About two weeks after I did my SkilTrak test I received an email stating I had a phone interview. My phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were easy behavioral questions, "How would you handle a difficult customer" ... "How have you worked on a team in the past" ..... "How well do you say you multi-task".... Use STAR Method to answer your questions during your interview. State Farm made me an offer during my phone interview. Overall it was one of the best interviews I've had.

Interview Questions
    Salary is already set. Non-negotiable. Salary can increase over time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Farm.

Was signed up to receive job leads from state farm website, I applied to the position and made sure to fill out every detail that was required. I was sent an afidavidt to sign, then two test...I did my research on glass door for other reviews to prepare and googled STAR questions for my phone interview. Oh and do a mock typing test for the typing test. I prepared the night before and studied a bit of the company's history...I was very friendy on my phone interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • About the double screen computer monitors I was caught off gaurd lol   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

Applied for position in July 2014. Received email stating that I will have to take 2 assessments. Took the assessments. Received email that I passed the assessments and results will be passed to HR. Received email from HR asking me to forward info to someone else in HR with date and time range for a phone interview. Received and confirmed time for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions: Tell me what you know about State Farm. Tell me about yourself? How have you dealt with rude/difficult customers.

The interviewer asked about my availability on my application and said I would be required to work over night or weekends. My thought was if I told you that I want to work day shift M-F, why would you call me for an interview knowing that you would want me to work nights and weekends??? This is why I didn't get an offer, because I felt confident about everything else.

Answer Question

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Five days after applying online, I was contacted about the online testing. The same day I was contacted about setting up a phone interview. I was never sent the actual testing link as I had already done them when I had previously applied. I did the phone interview and the woman explained that I would hear back within two weeks as they are trying to fill a lot of positions and are not currently hiring on spot. It's been 5 days and my app is still being reviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you dealt with a volatile customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Applied online and received an email saying they were interested in considering me and sent me links to complete some tests. One was a personality type of test and the other was a skills test. It was a simulation where you would take calls from clients and record their information. You earned points by typing the information accurately and not asking the client to repeat themselves. It was pretty easy if you were careful to pay attention. There was also a typing test. After that I got an email saying they wanted to do a phone interview. The interview was fairly short, a little under 30 minutes. We talked first about my experience and then there were several behavioral interview questions. They seemed focused mainly on leadership skills and how you would handle clients who are unhappy. At the end of the phone interview I was given a contingent offer of employment. Once I completed a background check and drug test I was given an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was a question about how you work on a team. Sorry but I can't remember the exact wording anymore.   View Answer
    They gave an hourly pay rate and I did not try to negotiate.