State Farm

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dunwoody, GA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Was signed up to receive job leads from state farm website, I applied to the position and made sure to fill out every detail that was required. I was sent an afidavidt to sign, then two test...I did my research on glass door for other reviews to prepare and googled STAR questions for my phone interview. Oh and do a mock typing test for the typing test. I prepared the night before and studied a bit of the company's history...I was very friendy on my phone interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – About the double screen computer monitors I was caught off gaurd lol   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Dunwoody, GA

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in August 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process with State Farm is simple and easy. I happened to apply for the Claims Associate position two days after it was posted on the careers website and I got an email back from State Farm the next day saying I had made it to the next round. First you email an agreement form back to State Farm then you take a typing test and data entry simulation on SkilTrak. About two weeks after I did my SkilTrak test I received an email stating I had a phone interview. My phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were easy behavioral questions, "How would you handle a difficult customer" ... "How have you worked on a team in the past" ..... "How well do you say you multi-task".... Use STAR Method to answer your questions during your interview. State Farm made me an offer during my phone interview. Overall it was one of the best interviews I've had.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary is already set. Non-negotiable. Salary can increase over time.

Claims Associate -ILR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was short and to the point. Did phone interview and was hired. Asked questions about prior work experience and how did I deal with customers. The interviewer was very professional and told me what to expect in the job. Reviewed all of my past work experience. Also asked if I had any questions and was able to answer them all. I was advised of the next steps after accepting the job offer and sent an email further explaining everything. It was a seamless process.

Interview Question – Tell about the time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you turn the interaction around   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email saying they were interested in considering me and sent me links to complete some tests. One was a personality type of test and the other was a skills test. It was a simulation where you would take calls from clients and record their information. You earned points by typing the information accurately and not asking the client to repeat themselves. It was pretty easy if you were careful to pay attention. There was also a typing test. After that I got an email saying they wanted to do a phone interview. The interview was fairly short, a little under 30 minutes. We talked first about my experience and then there were several behavioral interview questions. They seemed focused mainly on leadership skills and how you would handle clients who are unhappy. At the end of the phone interview I was given a contingent offer of employment. Once I completed a background check and drug test I was given an offer of employment.

Interview Question – The most difficult was a question about how you work on a team. Sorry but I can't remember the exact wording anymore.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave an hourly pay rate and I did not try to negotiate.

Claims Associate -ILR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Five days after applying online, I was contacted about the online testing. The same day I was contacted about setting up a phone interview. I was never sent the actual testing link as I had already done them when I had previously applied. I did the phone interview and the woman explained that I would hear back within two weeks as they are trying to fill a lot of positions and are not currently hiring on spot. It's been 5 days and my app is still being reviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time in which you dealt with a volatile customer   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Claims Associate ILR Interview

Claims Associate ILR
Tacoma, WA

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Interview Details – Mainly use the STAR to explain any situational questions and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – Nothing hard   Answer Question

Claims Associate- ILR Interview

Claims Associate- ILR
Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial application submitted, then contacted to complete a competancy test (Basic data entry and typing speeds). Contacted after to let me know I had passed the test, and was then called to do a phone interview. The entire process took about 3 weeks. Training started about 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – Most of the questions for the interview were basic "When was a time when you [blank]" or "Explain a time you had to work as a team to complete a task and how did it go?" kind of questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Claims Associate ILR Interview

Claims Associate ILR
Richardson, TX

Interview Details – At first I filled out several applications online. After several declines, I finally moved to the next step in the hiring process. The next step was taking an online assessment. One test was based on behavior analysis and the other test was data entry. After completing the assessments I received an email stating that I passed my test and that I was a runner up. A week later I received an email for a phone interview. My phone interview went well. It was just basically about my recruiter asking about my work history and "what would you dos". After answering my recruiters questions she told me about the position and extended me the offer. The job is actually yours until you successfully pass a background and drug test.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a coworker who isn't pulling their own weight?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Claims Associate-ILR Interview

Claims Associate-ILR
Richardson, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied via statefarm.com. The next day I recevied an email congratulating me about progressing forward in the employment process. I was given a passcode and website to take the pre-employment test. This is a skilltrack exam which included two components. First portion test your ability to analyze and apply information. You are given charts/graphs and questions are taken from the charts/graphs. There are about 17 questions with multiple choice answers to choose from. It is timed. Not hard but you do have to watch your time. The next part is a personality testing which includes about 67 questions. Answer those truthfully.

After the exam, the next day I got an email stating I received a competitive score. I then get an email about a week later requesting a time for an interview. They give you several days and time to choose from to complete a phone interview. You will receive an email confirming the time and date. They state that it is a 45 minute phone interview but mine only lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – It was a fairly easy interview if you prepared. Interviewer started off talking about the position and benefits available. First question was "Tell me about yourself, your work history, and why you want to work for State Farm." Second question was tell me a time when you had to work on a team and there was a difficult coworker who was unwilling to pull his weight. Then she asked "tell me a time when there was a difficult customer, how did you handled it, and their reaction." Then she went through some HR questions like are you legal to work in the U.S., comit any felony, willing to relocate, etc. She said she would call and let me know the next day. Advice is use SAR (situation, action, result) in your responses. They love stories and stories stick in the person's mind as well as let them know more of the person you are.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation in pay

Claims Associate- ILR Interview

Claims Associate- ILR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2013.

Interview Details – My hiring process began with the SkilTrak assessment. I received an email stating my score was competitive. It took them over two weeks to contact me for an interview. This was done over the phone. The interview was short about five STAR questions that are expected to be answered as such. How have you dealt with a difficult customer, How have you dealt with a difficult coworker, etc. I was hired at this time but, had to wait a few weeks on the background check.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a time you made a customer happy? This is not a difficult question I just did not expect it. We all expect the question about the difficult customer but, this just caught me off guard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations-take it or leave it

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!