State Farm Claim Associate ILR Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.5

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claim Associate ILR Interview

Phone interview for the position. The hiring recruiter called who was very friendly and professional. He asked with several question regarding me such as tell me about yourself & why you want to join the state farm team. The interview was approximately 25 mins and had regular types of interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you had a dissatisfied customer. How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at State Farm.

Was signed up to receive job leads from state farm website, I applied to the position and made sure to fill out every detail that was required. I was sent an afidavidt to sign, then two test...I did my research on glass door for other reviews to prepare and googled STAR questions for my phone interview. Oh and do a mock typing test for the typing test. I prepared the night before and studied a bit of the company's history...I was very friendy on my phone interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • About the double screen computer monitors I was caught off gaurd lol   View Answer
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in August 2014.

The interview process with State Farm is simple and easy. I happened to apply for the Claims Associate position two days after it was posted on the careers website and I got an email back from State Farm the next day saying I had made it to the next round. First you email an agreement form back to State Farm then you take a typing test and data entry simulation on SkilTrak. About two weeks after I did my SkilTrak test I received an email stating I had a phone interview. My phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were easy behavioral questions, "How would you handle a difficult customer" ... "How have you worked on a team in the past" ..... "How well do you say you multi-task".... Use STAR Method to answer your questions during your interview. State Farm made me an offer during my phone interview. Overall it was one of the best interviews I've had.

Interview Questions
    Salary is already set. Non-negotiable. Salary can increase over time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

Applied for position in July 2014. Received email stating that I will have to take 2 assessments. Took the assessments. Received email that I passed the assessments and results will be passed to HR. Received email from HR asking me to forward info to someone else in HR with date and time range for a phone interview. Received and confirmed time for interview.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview questions: Tell me what you know about State Farm. Tell me about yourself? How have you dealt with rude/difficult customers.

The interviewer asked about my availability on my application and said I would be required to work over night or weekends. My thought was if I told you that I want to work day shift M-F, why would you call me for an interview knowing that you would want me to work nights and weekends??? This is why I didn't get an offer, because I felt confident about everything else.
        Answer Question

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Five days after applying online, I was contacted about the online testing. The same day I was contacted about setting up a phone interview. I was never sent the actual testing link as I had already done them when I had previously applied. I did the phone interview and the woman explained that I would hear back within two weeks as they are trying to fill a lot of positions and are not currently hiring on spot. It's been 5 days and my app is still being reviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time in which you dealt with a volatile customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Applied online and received an email saying they were interested in considering me and sent me links to complete some tests. One was a personality type of test and the other was a skills test. It was a simulation where you would take calls from clients and record their information. You earned points by typing the information accurately and not asking the client to repeat themselves. It was pretty easy if you were careful to pay attention. There was also a typing test. After that I got an email saying they wanted to do a phone interview. The interview was fairly short, a little under 30 minutes. We talked first about my experience and then there were several behavioral interview questions. They seemed focused mainly on leadership skills and how you would handle clients who are unhappy. At the end of the phone interview I was given a contingent offer of employment. Once I completed a background check and drug test I was given an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was a question about how you work on a team. Sorry but I can't remember the exact wording anymore.   View Answer
    They gave an hourly pay rate and I did not try to negotiate.

Claims Associate ILR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in December 2013.

At first I filled out several applications online. After several declines, I finally moved to the next step in the hiring process. The next step was taking an online assessment. One test was based on behavior analysis and the other test was data entry. After completing the assessments I received an email stating that I passed my test and that I was a runner up. A week later I received an email for a phone interview. My phone interview went well. It was just basically about my recruiter asking about my work history and "what would you dos". After answering my recruiters questions she told me about the position and extended me the offer. The job is actually yours until you successfully pass a background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a coworker who isn't pulling their own weight?   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Claims Associate- ILR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Initial application submitted, then contacted to complete a competancy test (Basic data entry and typing speeds). Contacted after to let me know I had passed the test, and was then called to do a phone interview. The entire process took about 3 weeks. Training started about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions for the interview were basic "When was a time when you [blank]" or "Explain a time you had to work as a team to complete a task and how did it go?" kind of questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Interview process was short and to the point. Did phone interview and was hired. Asked questions about prior work experience and how did I deal with customers. The interviewer was very professional and told me what to expect in the job. Reviewed all of my past work experience. Also asked if I had any questions and was able to answer them all. I was advised of the next steps after accepting the job offer and sent an email further explaining everything. It was a seamless process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about the time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you turn the interaction around   Answer Question

Claims Associate ILR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in November 2013.

Mainly use the STAR to explain any situational questions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!