State Farm

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.0

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Associate - Express Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Submitted application and probably two weeks for an email to take 2 assessments. Afterwards maybe a month or two later, they call you to do a over the phone interview and most likely offer employment.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember any specific questions, the interview was very brief. If you have previous call center experience the questions are very relatable.   Answer Question
There was negotiation involved. They offer base salary.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Claims Associate-Express Interview

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

I applied for probably 15 positions, each one with a slightly lower salary than the previous. State Farm prefers to hire on the ground floor (auto claims) and promote from within. If you want to work for State Farm, you should plan on applying for ILR-Auto or Express-Auto and work your way up/over from there. They each, typically, have only one interview--a phone interview.

Claims Associate-Express Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in February 2014.

This whole process went fairly quick. I was contacted within 1 week of applying to take skills and personality tests. A day after I took the tests, they reached out to me to schedule a telephone interview. They called me right on time for the phone interview and, despite being prepared, I was VERY nervous the ENTIRE time; yet I gave pretty good answers to the questions that were being answered (standard interview questions which were answered well probably since I thought about the answers days before the actual interview). I'm not sure if she realized how nervous I was but for the most part, I made sure my voice sounded very friendly while making sure to let my intellect be heard, smile, withhold from saying, "umm" and "like," and withhold from sounding dull. She gave me a contingent job offer on the spot. The next day, I received my packet via email for my background and drug screening; it took them about a week to complete all of this, then I received an email giving me my official offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult or unexpected. She asked me standard interview questions which were not difficult (i.e. "Why do you want to work for State Farm?")   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I believe they asked me if I'm okay with the salary and told me it was non-negotiable a few different times.

Claim Associate- Express Interview

You apply online and receive a call within 1-2 weeks. After the call you are e-mailed a link to take an aptitude, and mathematics test. If you pass, you take a phone interview. After the phone interview you are called 2-3 days later to schedule a face-to-face interview which is 4-6 weeks later. If hired, you take a drug test, and begin your training shortly after.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview process was a series of phone calls and answering questions. Once you are offered a position, you will go through the background check process. All is pretty standard and easy.

There is no negotiating on salary.

Express Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

I initially applied the beginning of September '13, took 2 or 3 pre-employment tests and then attended the job fair about 2 weeks later that was held in Dunwoody. The job fair took a little over 6 hours to complete but after the interview, they advised that you would hear back by the next week whether you'll proceed in the hiring process. I wasn't chosen for the initial training class that started the beginning of October, but they automatically forwarded my application and resume for the new job posting number for the top 2 positions I told them I would be most interested in (at this point I thought this was it since I wasn't hired the first time, I wouldn't be chosen the second time around); alas, 2 days later I was sent a phone interview request via email asking what number and times I would be available for 2 upcoming days. I received my phone interview 30 minutes early from Rodney; but it felt as though it was apart of the interview process to see if I was available and/or how I'd react to something I wasn't expecting until later. The questions were much of the same that was asked at the job fair in regards to explaining my background (DO NOT DELVE INTO EMPLOYMENT HISTORY THAT ISN'T PERTINENT TO THE JOB), telling him about myself, why I wanted to work for State Farm and answering questions that he formulated from what I said in response to his questions. He paid particular attention to answers related to going above and beyond and helping others (co-workers) even if you don't get recognition for it. At the end, he asked if I had questions and upon answering the questions I had (ask him something even if you know the answer) extended me a contingent offer of employment. He explained I would receive a final offer pending a successful background check, drug screen and still able to start the training class that's slated to begin in Dec.He also advised of all the processes and steps that need to be taken and when, the starting salary and reiterated the fact that this position is moving towards a 24/7 time frame.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, but be ready to explain your responses to his questions.
      "When you say growth--what do you mean by that?"
        View Answer
    Rodney advised the job starts at 27,800 and asked if that was agreeable (as it was non-negotiable.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in July 2013.

Went to Richardson job fair. There were tons of people there so we waited, watched videos and talked to associates for about an hour and a half then we had about 10 minute individual interviews. The interviewer was very nice and asked simple basic interview questions. More so to get a feel for my personality than skills. They let you know right then whether you would move ahead to the next step in process.

Interview Questions
    • Examples of when I had to display excellent customer service and how I would handle conflict in the work place, etc.   View Answer
    The salary wasn't negotiable but as a person fresh out of college, it was acceptable to me. Do your best on the pre-employment test. They seem hard but are easy to pass.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in May 2013.

Started with the online application. About a week later I received an invitation to take an online assessment. The next day I got an email saying that my results were "competitive". The day after that I got an email to schedule a phone interview which was scheduled for the next day. At the end of the phone interview I was given a contingent job offer that is contingent on acceptable background check and drug test. This process went through HireRight which took an additional week. Overall a smooth process and very nice people to deal with!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to sort out a bunch of data. Name a time when you had to multi-task.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Flat salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in March 2013.

I applied online, 2 days later I received an email to take a personality test and a data entry/typing test, and 1 day later I was called for a phone interview. There were no trick questions just the normal questions like "Tell me about yourself", "How have you handled a difficult customer" My interviewer was very nice but made it known that I was overqualified for the position as I am a licensed attorney. At the end of the interview I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very general and expected, be very detailed an specific with answers using specific instances.   View Answers (2)

Claim Associate Express Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm.

Applied 12/24, received an email to complete 2 pre-employment tests on 1/03. The next day I received an email saying my results were competitive. Got a call about two weeks later to schedule phone interview for 1/28. Phone interview was fairly simple, typical interview questions. At the end of the call I was offered the position. Process took about 2 months

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult, just know why you want to work for State Farm   View Answers (5)