State Farm Claims Associate Express Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

1.9

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

2 months. Applied online. Received an email about 48 hours later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview went well, scenario questions. Offered position at end of call.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job in December. About 2 weeks later I got an email stating that I had been selected to move forward and had to take three separate tests including a typing test, personality assessment, and a competency test. I received a response about 2 weeks later and was asked what times I would be available for a telephone interview. Even though I had been specific about the days and times, I was not contacted until two weeks after the days I had set up.

I received a call exactly at the new designated time and participated in a telephone interview. The woman on the other end of the phone was extremely friendly and energetic which made me feel more comfortable and at ease. Upon the closing of the interview I was offered a position and was advised of a 9 week training period. I was also advised that my employment is contingent on a satisfactory background check as well as a drug screening.

My advice is to prepare for the interview in advance. This will eliminate a lot of babbling because of nerves. Also, research a little information about the company. This will definitely go a long way with the interviewer. It's always good to know some background about the company you are trying to work for. This will also help you to score some points during the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard:
      Why did you choose State Farm?
      How did you handle a difficult situation at work?
      When was a time that you were criticized at work and why?
      How did you deal with a difficult customer?
      Have you ever had to resolve an issue between two employees?

Make sure to answer all interview questions using the STAR method.

Answer Question

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Applied at website and was contacted within a week for assessments. Next I was invited for a phone screening and offered a conditional job offer upon completing drug screening and spanish fluency test.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online about 2 weeks later I received an email stating that State Farm was interested in me and I would be called at a later time to schedule a phone interview. I received a call from a sweet lady from El Paso, TX she stated that my phone interview would be the following Tuesday at 9am. That Friday rolled around and I received another call from the same lady informing me that my interview would have to be pushed back due to my interviewer being on leave due to sickness. We scheduled the interview for the following Thursday at 9am. I received a call from Heather the hiring manager on Thursday morning. The interview lasted about 35 minutes. She asked the standard interview questions. After we were completed she informed me that she thought I would be a perfect fit for the company. She told me that for the start time in which I wanted to begin, that the classroom was full so I would have to attend the session that was 3 months later!! Then she began to inform me of the pay, training ( how you have to do a licensing exam and have a minimum of three attempts to pass the test or you would be terminated) and hours that I would be working. Before we got off the phone she told me she would be sending me information about completing the background check and drug screen. Also she told me that she will push for me to start at the earlier date since it seemed as if I really wanted that time opposed to the one three months later, which I definitely appreciated. I did the background screen through a company called hireright and the drug screen for that matter. I did the background check and two days later they asked me for a check stub from my previous workplace which I was able to provide the next day and I went in for the drug test, a urine test, and the first test came back as inconclusive which Heather told me is normal. So two days later I did another drug test and passed that one and my background check came back good. So I received one last call from Heather informing me that I received the job and she would send an official offer through email.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions...(name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle that situation, what was the outcome)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they are upfront and let it be known that there are no negotiations

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Submitted application and probably two weeks for an email to take 2 assessments. Afterwards maybe a month or two later, they call you to do a over the phone interview and most likely offer employment.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions, the interview was very brief. If you have previous call center experience the questions are very relatable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was negotiation involved. They offer base salary.

Claims Associate-Express Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I applied for probably 15 positions, each one with a slightly lower salary than the previous. State Farm prefers to hire on the ground floor (auto claims) and promote from within. If you want to work for State Farm, you should plan on applying for ILR-Auto or Express-Auto and work your way up/over from there. They each, typically, have only one interview--a phone interview.

Claims Associate-Express Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

This whole process went fairly quick. I was contacted within 1 week of applying to take skills and personality tests. A day after I took the tests, they reached out to me to schedule a telephone interview. They called me right on time for the phone interview and, despite being prepared, I was VERY nervous the ENTIRE time; yet I gave pretty good answers to the questions that were being answered (standard interview questions which were answered well probably since I thought about the answers days before the actual interview). I'm not sure if she realized how nervous I was but for the most part, I made sure my voice sounded very friendly while making sure to let my intellect be heard, smile, withhold from saying, "umm" and "like," and withhold from sounding dull. She gave me a contingent job offer on the spot. The next day, I received my packet via email for my background and drug screening; it took them about a week to complete all of this, then I received an email giving me my official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult or unexpected. She asked me standard interview questions which were not difficult (i.e. "Why do you want to work for State Farm?")   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I believe they asked me if I'm okay with the salary and told me it was non-negotiable a few different times.

Claim Associate- Express Interview

Interview

You apply online and receive a call within 1-2 weeks. After the call you are e-mailed a link to take an aptitude, and mathematics test. If you pass, you take a phone interview. After the phone interview you are called 2-3 days later to schedule a face-to-face interview which is 4-6 weeks later. If hired, you take a drug test, and begin your training shortly after.

Claims Associate - Express Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Interview process was a series of phone calls and answering questions. Once you are offered a position, you will go through the background check process. All is pretty standard and easy.

Negotiation

There is no negotiating on salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm (Irving, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. I took the phone call from the recruiter, answered her questions and she gave me an offer after about 10 minutes. She asked questions that were geared towards my personality versus my skills. They seem to look for people who can be molded.

Interview Questions

• What made me want to work for State Farm compared to anyone else?   1 Answer