State Farm Claims Associate ILR Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.5

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The interviewing process was pretty easy. I had to wait a bit longer than others because they had already filled to first training class. The HR representative made sure that I was aware and moved my application to the next month.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were faced with a situation that you could not meet the customer's needs? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Application online
    Call the next day for phone interview
    30-45 min interview
    Asked about 5 behavioral questions
    Described job pay and duties
    Training schedule different from work schedule
    Pay non negotiable
    Fairly easy quiet environment
    Job offered
    Was told to be on the look out for email detailing instructions for background check and drug test

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Details
    I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in March 2015.

2/20/15: applied online thru SF careers site.
    2/23/15: received email with pre-employment test instructions. took tests same day. 3 tests, typing, data entry/call center, & behavioral.
    3/2/115: received email to chose day and time for 45 minute phone interview.
    3/3/15: phone interview set for 11am they called @11:05. A man from Atlanta went over position details then began questioning. be prepared with SPECIFIC examples. He asked for me to specify a few times. it was difficult if you don't prepare.The questions are posted in the reviews other people gave. A the end I was told to hold on and 1 min later I was told I had the job!!!! I was told to look out for an email regrading background and drug testing. Salary is not negotiable.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and were able to help them turn it into a positive experience
      tell me about yourself, your career, and schooling
      tell me a time when your coworkers were not getting along and how you handled it

Answer Question

Claim Associate-ILR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

20 minute interview. Went over the job responsibilities, schedules and pay. Asked about myself, schooling. About 5 scenario questions. what would you do.... and name a time. Name a time you had a difficult customer? Tell me about a time you had to put in extra effort to get a job done and what was the outcome? Name a time you had to work on a team? Multi tasking. There were 2 more but i forgot, sorry.

Interview Questions

• team work and what you did to become successful in that team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Tacoma, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

They were so on top of everything. They literally called me and had me scheduled for an interview the next week. They only conducted an over the phone interview. If they like your interview they do a background check. If that passes they schedule you for a drug test. (if you've already reached this process you're hired pending on status of both of those)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Claims Associate -ILR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Farm in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a standard phone interview asking questions about previous work and how to handle future situations. The total interview took less than 20 minuets. A helpful hint is to always ask questions about the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well in a team environment, and describe a situation where you thrived in a team environment.   Answer Question

Claims Associate-ILR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy and straightforward phone interview. I was asked about 10 questions and to tell the recruiter about myself.They told me at the end that I was offered the job as long as I passed the drug test and background test.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with irate customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Glendale, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application I was contacted about a week later via email. After filling out and returning a disclosure form, I was emailed two assessments the next day. The assessments take about 2 hours total and are based on basic math, typing skills, and reading comprehension. Once the assessments were completed I received an email a few days later giving me options for an over the phone interview. There is only a phone interview and no in-person.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you worked in a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview after I completed an application and skills test. I was asked about four questions then was given a contingent job offer. I went through a background check and drug test. Then was offered a final job offer. The process in all was about one month.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about statefarm   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a customer that was irate? How did you diffuse the situation?   1 Answer

Claims Associate ILR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I applied online and about two weeks later received and invitation to complete the online assessment which included data entry and a typing test. Once that was completed and passed I was selected to complete an interview over the phone with a HR recruiter who was really nice and made me feel very comfortable in the process. She was very personable and polite, not to mention professional and asked basic questions such as why I was seeking this position and why I wanted to work for SF. After that I was asked a series of behavioral questions( its good to prepare for all kinds of these questions and situations that may apply to you) (I.E. tell me about a time you could not satisfy a customer and how did you handle it. Be specific and say exactly what you would say in that type of situation.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two coworkers were in a disagreement, what would you do, how would you handle it. Even if you don't have an example, they want to know what you WOULD do in that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The benefits are great as well as the pay