State Farm

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at State Farm in July 2012.

Interview Details – It took a while for them to actually hire me after applying. I applied in April, interviewed by phone in June, accepted the position in July and started at the end of August.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. What you see is what you get.

Claims Processor

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, and received phone interview.

Charlottesville, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2011.

Interview Details – First interview is over the phone with HR, it lasts about an hour. Basic questions plus strengths and weaknesses, how peers and managers think of you.
Next the in person interview is with a panel. They ask questions, similar to phone interview questions. Be sure to know about State Farm, other than its an insurance company. Management takes pride in their careers.

Interview Question – Explain how you would be an asset to the company. When have you made a mistake, and how was that rectified.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no room for negotiation, from my experience.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at State Farm in May 2009.

Interview Details – interview with two to three managers. basic questions

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Johns Creek, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted to take a typing test and a simulated call test. Got a call to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of "tell me about yourself", "why do you want to work for State Farm", "Tell me of a time when you had to learn a new skill".

Interview Question – All STAR questions... Situation, Task, Action taken, Result. "Tell me of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer"- make sure you tell how you turned it around and made it a good experience. "What do you consider good customer service", "Tell of a time you had to handle multiple tasks". Their goal was to make the customer feel taken care of and thankful for our services. Claims represents about 50% of the business.   Answer Question

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview followed by a panel interview with three people. Simple questions of how you can contribute to their team, and how to resolve disputes with in the work place.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate as soon as you are hired?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Weren't flexible with salary

Claim Processor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Found a posting on indeed.com. Applied Jan. 23th and received an e-mail a few days later instructing me to take two pre-employment tests. The first test had to do with reading graphs with detailed information as well as some questions about your personality and work ethic. The second test was data entry and typing. The next day I recieved an e-mail that I had passed the test and a phone interview was to be scheduled. During the phone interview a recruiter explained more about the position and asked me a few questions like 'Name a specific time when you had to deal with change in your office' and 'Name a specific time you had to explain complex directions to someone'. Not even an hour after the phone interview was complete I received a call with a contingent job offer depending upon a background check and drug screen.

Interview Question – 'Explain a specific time when you had recieved either good or bad feedback in your office and how did you respond'   Answer Question

Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy process. Was offered the job after the phone screen interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Concordville, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy going interview. The pannel was very friendly and they made me feel very confortable. I could be myself!

Interview Question – Discribe your best assest that you can offer our company.   Answer Question

Charlottesville, VA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in December 2011.

Interview Details – Started w. the IQ intelligence test followed by a background check application, personality test, skills test, (which was easy) phone interview and then group panel interview. Took 2 months. After I completed the panel interview and it was weird to say the least, I had absolutely no eye contact with any of the interviewers as they were writing down all of my responses to their questions verbatim. I don;t think they were really listening to anything I was saying. I didn;t get a warm feeling with them either. They seemed very cold and disinterest in me from the beginning. That evening, I received an e-mail stating they hired someone that better matched the needs of the position. Wow. didn't even have to bother sending a thank you note. I really believe that State Farm has someone in mind for these positions way before the interviewing process starts, especially with someone from the outside trying to get in. I think they waste people's time knowing that they have no intentions of hiring that person. After spending so much time on the testing, and interviewing and filling out all sorts of paperwork and not to mention the rush the HR person was in to have me go through the interviewing process without any time to spare, I think State Farms hiring practices are a scam! Why waste someone's time and hopes of maybe getting a job. If honestly cannot be earned during an interview process what are the chances of having a good working relationship with them if hired. Jobs are hard to come by today and to take advantage of people is totally unethical.

Interview Question – Please describe yourself.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm Claims Processor interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.