State Farm Claims Processor Interview Questions

2.5

Claim Processor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

it was friendly, easy. Nothing unexpected. You should do a mock interview prior since there might be a panel interviewing you. Otherwise, just be yourself and confident. They make the decision very quick.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call after approximately 1 month. This was an initial phone screening to verify my Resume. I then received a second phone call which was scheduled 1 week later. This was a basic behavioral interview which asked questions about how you handled customers in the past. While others I know had a face to face interview after this but for whatever reason the phone interview I had was sufficient for them to make an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond your normal duties for a customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for entry level jobs

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Johns Creek, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted to take a typing test and a simulated call test. Got a call to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of "tell me about yourself", "why do you want to work for State Farm", "Tell me of a time when you had to learn a new skill".

Interview Questions

• All STAR questions... Situation, Task, Action taken, Result. "Tell me of a time you had to deal with a difficult customer"- make sure you tell how you turned it around and made it a good experience. "What do you consider good customer service", "Tell of a time you had to handle multiple tasks". Their goal was to make the customer feel taken care of and thankful for our services. Claims represents about 50% of the business.   Answer Question

Claim Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Found a posting on indeed.com. Applied Jan. 23th and received an e-mail a few days later instructing me to take two pre-employment tests. The first test had to do with reading graphs with detailed information as well as some questions about your personality and work ethic. The second test was data entry and typing. The next day I recieved an e-mail that I had passed the test and a phone interview was to be scheduled. During the phone interview a recruiter explained more about the position and asked me a few questions like 'Name a specific time when you had to deal with change in your office' and 'Name a specific time you had to explain complex directions to someone'. Not even an hour after the phone interview was complete I received a call with a contingent job offer depending upon a background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• 'Explain a specific time when you had recieved either good or bad feedback in your office and how did you respond'   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Tulsa, OK) in February 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by a panel interview with three people. Simple questions of how you can contribute to their team, and how to resolve disputes with in the work place.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate as soon as you are hired?   Answer Question

Weren't flexible with salary

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online, and received phone interview.

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Very easy process. Was offered the job after the phone screen interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Claim Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm (Columbia, MO) in July 2012.

Interview

It took a while for them to actually hire me after applying. I applied in April, interviewed by phone in June, accepted the position in July and started at the end of August.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. What you see is what you get.

Claims Processor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Started w. the IQ intelligence test followed by a background check application, personality test, skills test, (which was easy) phone interview and then group panel interview. Took 2 months. After I completed the panel interview and it was weird to say the least, I had absolutely no eye contact with any of the interviewers as they were writing down all of my responses to their questions verbatim. I don;t think they were really listening to anything I was saying. I didn;t get a warm feeling with them either. They seemed very cold and disinterest in me from the beginning. That evening, I received an e-mail stating they hired someone that better matched the needs of the position. Wow. didn't even have to bother sending a thank you note. I really believe that State Farm has someone in mind for these positions way before the interviewing process starts, especially with someone from the outside trying to get in. I think they waste people's time knowing that they have no intentions of hiring that person. After spending so much time on the testing, and interviewing and filling out all sorts of paperwork and not to mention the rush the HR person was in to have me go through the interviewing process without any time to spare, I think State Farms hiring practices are a scam! Why waste someone's time and hopes of maybe getting a job. If honestly cannot be earned during an interview process what are the chances of having a good working relationship with them if hired. Jobs are hard to come by today and to take advantage of people is totally unethical.

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm (Concordville, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Very easy going interview. The pannel was very friendly and they made me feel very confortable. I could be myself!

Interview Questions

• Discribe your best assest that you can offer our company.   Answer Question