State Farm Claims Processor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

2.5

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claim Processor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm.

it was friendly, easy. Nothing unexpected. You should do a mock interview prior since there might be a panel interviewing you. Otherwise, just be yourself and confident. They make the decision very quick.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Claims Processor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Applied online, and received phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm in September 2012.

Very easy process. Was offered the job after the phone screen interview.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in February 2013.

Had a phone interview followed by a panel interview with three people. Simple questions of how you can contribute to their team, and how to resolve disputes with in the work place.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to relocate as soon as you are hired?   Answer Question

Weren't flexible with salary

Claim Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

I applied online and received an email within a couple of days to complete the skills assessment test. After a couple of days, I received an email from a recruiter to set up a telephone interview. I completed the telephone interview and was offered a position on the spot. Offer is contingent on a background check. There were a lot of questions pertaining to teamwork and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was describe a time when you were able to calm down an angry customer or client.   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in August 2011.

I got referred by an employee and was told to fill out a profile on state farm's website. After that I contacted a recruiter about possible opportunities at one of the operation centers, and he let me take the pre-employment tests. They consisted of a policy/procedure test (how well you follow policies and procedures), personality test, and skills test (data entry and keyboarding). I was told they would take about 2 hrs to complete, i think i got done in about 1 hr 45 min, so close enough. Unfortunately I didn't receive a "competitive score" and was told i could re-apply in a year. I decided to take the initiative and ask the recruiter how i didn't score a "competitive score" and he told me he couldn't tell where exactly i scored low. He was nice enough to offer another pre-employment test for one of their para-professional positions. I passed that one (it was only the polices/procedures test) and had a phone interview with the recruiter the following week. The phone interview wasn't what i expected - it was about 15 minutes and I only got asked probably 5 questions, most of which were "describe a time when...". It did help that I reviewed some of the questions other people were asked during their interviews. I was told they were hoping to make decisions by the end of the week and I would be contacted the next week with their decision (it was either going to be 1) sorry no offer, 2) follow-up interview at the operations center, or 3) contingent job offer). I got the contingent offer about a week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Didn't want to relocate(only had 2 weeks to do so anyway) and they don't assist with relocation expenses. Also didn't receive any information on benefits - the only information they'd give me was what was on their website. There were some other things, but those were the two major reasons.

Claim Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm.

Found a posting on indeed.com. Applied Jan. 23th and received an e-mail a few days later instructing me to take two pre-employment tests. The first test had to do with reading graphs with detailed information as well as some questions about your personality and work ethic. The second test was data entry and typing. The next day I recieved an e-mail that I had passed the test and a phone interview was to be scheduled. During the phone interview a recruiter explained more about the position and asked me a few questions like 'Name a specific time when you had to deal with change in your office' and 'Name a specific time you had to explain complex directions to someone'. Not even an hour after the phone interview was complete I received a call with a contingent job offer depending upon a background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • 'Explain a specific time when you had recieved either good or bad feedback in your office and how did you respond'   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2012.

I applied for the position online. Received an email to complete two pre-employment tests, a company specific screening and a computer skills test. Shortly after I received a phone call from an HR representative to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted mainly of questions asking about specific customer interactions and available skill sets. Received an offer following the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you assisted a coworker to complete a task.   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Online app. Received an email about a week later to take an online personality and skills test. Personality test, 100 or so 1-5 scale question. Skills test, typing test and analytical skills.

1-2 days later, received another email for a phone interview. Real easy, took about 20 minutes. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. She even offered me $2+ an hour than I asked for so I definitely took it.

A few days later, filled out some online background stuff and took a drug test at a local clinic.

I applied on 9/14 and today is 9/27...real quick process.This is a one year contract position so its likely different for me compared to most.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at State Farm in May 2009.

interview with two to three managers. basic questions

no negotiation

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!