State Farm

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy process. Was offered the job after the phone screen interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview followed by a panel interview with three people. Simple questions of how you can contribute to their team, and how to resolve disputes with in the work place.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate as soon as you are hired?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Weren't flexible with salary

Claims Processor

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, and received phone interview.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Claim Processor Interview

Claim Processor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Found a posting on indeed.com. Applied Jan. 23th and received an e-mail a few days later instructing me to take two pre-employment tests. The first test had to do with reading graphs with detailed information as well as some questions about your personality and work ethic. The second test was data entry and typing. The next day I recieved an e-mail that I had passed the test and a phone interview was to be scheduled. During the phone interview a recruiter explained more about the position and asked me a few questions like 'Name a specific time when you had to deal with change in your office' and 'Name a specific time you had to explain complex directions to someone'. Not even an hour after the phone interview was complete I received a call with a contingent job offer depending upon a background check and drug screen.

Interview Question – 'Explain a specific time when you had recieved either good or bad feedback in your office and how did you respond'   Answer Question

Claims Processor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online. Received an email to complete two pre-employment tests, a company specific screening and a computer skills test. Shortly after I received a phone call from an HR representative to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted mainly of questions asking about specific customer interactions and available skill sets. Received an offer following the phone interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you assisted a coworker to complete a task.   Answer Question

Claims Processor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Online app. Received an email about a week later to take an online personality and skills test. Personality test, 100 or so 1-5 scale question. Skills test, typing test and analytical skills.

1-2 days later, received another email for a phone interview. Real easy, took about 20 minutes. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. She even offered me $2+ an hour than I asked for so I definitely took it.

A few days later, filled out some online background stuff and took a drug test at a local clinic.

I applied on 9/14 and today is 9/27...real quick process.This is a one year contract position so its likely different for me compared to most.

Claims Processor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in August 2011.

Interview Details – I got referred by an employee and was told to fill out a profile on state farm's website. After that I contacted a recruiter about possible opportunities at one of the operation centers, and he let me take the pre-employment tests. They consisted of a policy/procedure test (how well you follow policies and procedures), personality test, and skills test (data entry and keyboarding). I was told they would take about 2 hrs to complete, i think i got done in about 1 hr 45 min, so close enough. Unfortunately I didn't receive a "competitive score" and was told i could re-apply in a year. I decided to take the initiative and ask the recruiter how i didn't score a "competitive score" and he told me he couldn't tell where exactly i scored low. He was nice enough to offer another pre-employment test for one of their para-professional positions. I passed that one (it was only the polices/procedures test) and had a phone interview with the recruiter the following week. The phone interview wasn't what i expected - it was about 15 minutes and I only got asked probably 5 questions, most of which were "describe a time when...". It did help that I reviewed some of the questions other people were asked during their interviews. I was told they were hoping to make decisions by the end of the week and I would be contacted the next week with their decision (it was either going to be 1) sorry no offer, 2) follow-up interview at the operations center, or 3) contingent job offer). I got the contingent offer about a week after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Didn't want to relocate(only had 2 weeks to do so anyway) and they don't assist with relocation expenses. Also didn't receive any information on benefits - the only information they'd give me was what was on their website. There were some other things, but those were the two major reasons.

Claims Processor

The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had three phone interviews before receiving an invitation for a face to face. I was offered the job after the in person interview.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation and how you handled yourself.   Answer Question

Charlottesville, VA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in December 2011.

Interview Details – Started w. the IQ intelligence test followed by a background check application, personality test, skills test, (which was easy) phone interview and then group panel interview. Took 2 months. After I completed the panel interview and it was weird to say the least, I had absolutely no eye contact with any of the interviewers as they were writing down all of my responses to their questions verbatim. I don;t think they were really listening to anything I was saying. I didn;t get a warm feeling with them either. They seemed very cold and disinterest in me from the beginning. That evening, I received an e-mail stating they hired someone that better matched the needs of the position. Wow. didn't even have to bother sending a thank you note. I really believe that State Farm has someone in mind for these positions way before the interviewing process starts, especially with someone from the outside trying to get in. I think they waste people's time knowing that they have no intentions of hiring that person. After spending so much time on the testing, and interviewing and filling out all sorts of paperwork and not to mention the rush the HR person was in to have me go through the interviewing process without any time to spare, I think State Farms hiring practices are a scam! Why waste someone's time and hopes of maybe getting a job. If honestly cannot be earned during an interview process what are the chances of having a good working relationship with them if hired. Jobs are hard to come by today and to take advantage of people is totally unethical.

Interview Question – Please describe yourself.   Answer Question

Concordville, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy going interview. The pannel was very friendly and they made me feel very confortable. I could be myself!

Interview Question – Discribe your best assest that you can offer our company.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm Claims Processor interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.