State Farm

Average Difficulty
65 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied via their website. within 3 days, I received an e-mail asking me to complete assessments. These tests included data entry, typing, personality, and logic testing. If you pass those, you are called by a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview is prompt, and took an hour. They ask scenario based questions... Tell me a time when, how you handled it and the result. If you do well in the interview process, they will propose an offer on the spot. There is no 1:1 interview that is face to face. Then they use a company called Hire Right to perform back ground checks, drug screening, etc. Start date is 2 months after phone interview (in my case). The also expect you to be able to handle a very strict schedule (they plan out your day from beginning to end) and you need to be flexible with times of the day for work schedule as it varies. If you miss any tasks requested by hire right through email and dont respond or do what they ask, your offer is voided. I haven't started yet to provide office info. It is a cubical setting.

Interview Question – None of the questions were really difficult. you just have to have scenarios ready and be ready to give the situation, how you handled it and the result. Some questions were: Tell me a time you disagreed with a boss and how you handled it? or tell me a time you worked as part of a team and they weren't pulling their weight and how you handled it, etc.   View Answers (8)

Claim Representative Interview

Claim Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Took test and interviewed with HR then another interview with the hiring managers

Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Everything's pretty straight forward, typical interview/human resources type questions.

Interview Question – during the pre-test, they repeat some of the questions, I guess to make sure you're answering honestly.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Claim Representative Interview

Claim Representative
Frederick, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Filled out an online application. Was asked to do online testing which included data entry. Phone interview came next and around a month later my face to face interview. (They no longer do face to face interviews) All the interview questions need to be answered in the STAR format so think up various situations prior to the interview.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you had difficulty with a coworker and how did you resolve the situation?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Charlottesville, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Application (they wanted every job I ever had), phone scheduling of timed aptitude-style test (reading comprehension, math), situational-based interview with three team managers that took about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you disagreed with leadership. Why? How did you address it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The interview team attempted to get me a starting pay higher than typical since I already had 5 yrs. claims handling experience with another company. They had to get approval from the VP. The salary was rejected by the VP on the basis that I have better benefits with this company than what I previously had. I accepted a salary only $2K more than non-experienced, straight-out-of-college new hires received. However, management was able to advance me to a "senior" level CR earlier than usual and the salary that comes with the level promotion.

Concordville, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – It's a panel interview, most of the managers try to make you feel comfortable. They know you will be nervous. They ask behavioral type interview questions. They aren't that bad but make sure you have concrete answers to give.

Interview Question – Give us a time when you disagreed with your boss, what happened and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't one.

DuPont, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Interview Details – First there is a pre-employment process, which consists of onlines testing. If you successfully pass, the next step is the phone interview. If State Farm is interested in you at this point you will be asked to interview in front of a panel. The process takes approximately 3 -4 weeks.

Interview Question – The first part of the phone interview was as expected. The HRM wanted to know about me and why I chose State Farm. The second part of the interview was difficult. She asked questions that were related to behavior, how I responded in certain situations. I have been out of work for six years, but during this time I attended four years of college. Most of my experiences had to come from the challenges I faced in school. The questions were nothing out of the ordinary but she wanted detail, and specifics. I was corrected a few times because I was generalizing and not giving my exact response, such as what I said to an individual or how my attitude was. I was not prepared for this.   View Answer

Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in December 2010.

Interview Details – First interview was a phone interview with a HR Recruiter. They asked general questions pertaining to my educational background and work history. The next interview was an in-person panel interview. The position was competitive for a new grad like me, and in the end they chose someone with more experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you provided remarkable customer service.   Answer Question

Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – I was so excited to receive an email from a State Farm recruiter regarding my online application. I completed the assessments plus the phone interview and was offered a contingent job offer. I signed the disclosures that came after that but missed the email regarding the drug screening. I had 72 hours to follow through but unfortunately missed the window and was politely told the job offer was no longer valid. Very disappointed in myself but also the company since I was not given any repeal options. A hard lesson learned...

Interview Question – The most unexpected question I had was to talk about my degree program from an east coast university (BS in Business Administration).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My offer was rescinded because I failed to follow through on the 72 hour notice for the drug screening. There were a lot of back and forth emails from different sources (background check) and it was innocently overlooked. Very disappointed in myself and the system. According to the State Farm's policy, I am categorized the same as a candidate testing positive and must wait 12 months to reapply for a position in their company.

DuPont, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – First, I took an exam that tested my quantitative and qualitative reasoning. After I completed the exam, I went into a panel interview. There was about six interviewers. Many of the questions were general interview questions about whether I preferred to work in a team or individually, and how I handled conflict with other team members. I also was put through a mock phone interview with an angry customer.

Interview Question – An interviewer asked me about whether I was interested in management.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm Claims Representative interview questions and advice. All 65 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.