State Farm Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Updated Jul 19, 2014

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Was emailed a hyperlink to take online testing about two weeks after applying. A few days later, I received an email scheduling me for a phone interview. At the completion of the phone interview I was informed that I will be forwarded to a in-person interview. The next week, I received a contingent job offer with no interview in person.

Interview Questions
  • Phone interview is extremely easy. It's not too structured so you're able to really sell yourself.   Answer Question
I was happy enough getting a job, it has been a tough job hunt after college.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Claims Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at State Farm.

8 person interview for one position. Basic interview questions asked. Lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at State Farm.

STAR formula, know it use it. Behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

interview panel with 3 managers

Interview Questions
    • if you could describe yourself as an animal, what animal would you be?   Answer Question
    didn't negotiate

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm.

Everything's pretty straight forward, typical interview/human resources type questions.

Interview Questions
    • during the pre-test, they repeat some of the questions, I guess to make sure you're answering honestly.   View Answer

Claim Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Took test and interviewed with HR then another interview with the hiring managers

Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm in June 2012.

Hiring at the time was a huge mass hiring. Therefore my resume was reviewed and a phone interview was conducted essentially verifying my qualifications. I had previous experience in the industry so no further interview was conducted. For small hirings they tend to do at least one face to face interview with a panel of about 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • It was situational questions that sometimes I did not have an exact answer for like a customer service question regarding the worst customer I ever dealt with and how I handled it.   View Answers (3)

Claims Representative Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in April 2012.

I learned about the company at a school panel and sent the contact (let's call her Beth) my resume. She sent it to another contact (let's call her Mary), who sent me a skills test. It went to my spam - common mistake! I found it after a week and took it.

The test itself was easy enough. It said it'd take 60 minutes or so to complete; it took me about 30. The questions for the first part were situation based. (Ex: I was given a chart of passes, such as a temporary pass is given between 1-7 days of service, and was questioned if someone is working for 2 days what type of pass would they get.) The next part was the standard questions, such as "I am a people person. Agree/Disagree." The next part was a typing and listening test. I was given e-mails and had to retype them in 2 minutes. Easy, considering I can type 95 words per minute at my best. I also had to listen to "customers" call and place orders and write the orders down.

I was contacted the next day by my contact, Mary. She wanted to set up a phone interview with another representative. I agreed, and made an appointment for the next week (it was a Thursday so I had one set for Monday) with a woman (let's call her Joan). I was told it'd take about 45 minutes.

Joan called at the exact time specified. She was very nice, and asked me basic questions about my information. She explained the position, and asked a few situation based questions (such as "Tell me of a time when a customer gave you an issue and how did you solve it"). There were only 5 and they went by quick. She then found out I was graduating this semester, and told me that because of the fact that I wrote I was still attending school for a bachelor's, the computer pushed me to claims processor. If you have a bachelor's degree, you can become a claims representative - the same exact job but just make 7k more a year. She offered to e-mail me the test for that that night, and then set up a face to face interview for the next day, Tuesday. The entire call took maybe 20 minutes.

I took the test that night. Instead of visitor questions there were other questions that were a bit more difficult. I still scored well. I then went to the interview. My interviewer was ten minutes late but was nice and brought me back into the room where another interviewer was. I was told they were two different managers from two different departments. They asked me basic questions, and again the same situation based. They took notes, and for the first time in any interview they asked further on what I said, questioning how much I liked a manager or how my positions at school went and if I'd do them again. It made me more comfortable as they were interested in what I was saying. Lots of notes were taken and the interview itself took about 25 minutes.

I was told I'd get an e-mail either way within a week. Today, just a day later, I got a phone call with an offer. Now my hiring is contingent on a drug test and background check that I know I will pass, and then training starts.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me of a time when you had an issue with a customer or team member not working with you, and how did you resolve it?"   View Answer
    • "Tell me of a time a customer was being difficult and how did you resolve it?"   View Answer
    I didn't care much to negotiate - I'm graduating and I need a job, and have never made more than $10 an hour so $37.5k a year sounded amazing.

Bring a resume! My interviewers were very surprised I had two copies of my resume for them, and took them happily. I'm figuring it left an impression.

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in April 2012.

Phone interview, panel interview, background check, drug test... lengthy process.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Applied online

A couple days later received an invitation to do an online assessment.

After I completed the assessment, received a phone call a few days later to do a phone interview.

The phone interview was pretty easy, asked a couple behavioral questions (Name a time when you didnt have all the data necessary, conflict with co-worker, time when you had to manage your time), and the recruiter talked mainly about the position and the salary and when the start date would be.

Received an email a couple days later to schedule an in person interview for two weeks later.

The in-person interview was two panels consisting of 2-3 people each. Relatively easy and relaxed interview. Very personable interviewers. Actually enjoyed this interview as opposed to other structured interviews.

Got a call from the recruiter the next day to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you disagreed with your manager.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had something unexpected happen in your day.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to complete a task without all the required information.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to sort out a ton of data.   Answer Question

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!