State Farm

State Farm Claims Service Representative Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in February 2013.

Filled out an online application. Two weeks later received an email from HR, so I could take 2 test. Typical data entry(wpm) and filling in information while listening to a customer call. A week later received a call from recruiter to set up a phone interview. Set up interview for the next week. Recruiter called at the exact time i scheduled. It was a Quick phone interview most of the time she was explaining the position. Interview questions were Go through your resume, Why State Farm, Tell me about yourself, Tell me about a time you dealt with a unsatisfied customer, Tell me about a time you mad a difficult decision.....etc. Basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Non. All your typical behavioral questions. Just google behavioral questions and have a example for each one   Answer Question

Pay rate was lower then i expected

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Was contacted by a recruiter about two months after initially applying. Quick phone interview with typical questions which lead to a sit-down interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you failed to meet your personal expectations, be specific, what woul you do differently?   Answer Question

Starting pay was lower than current job,

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Middletown, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm in December 2012.

Completed two interviews. The first consisted of a phone screening with basic behavioral questions. I then received a phone call to do a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of two hiring managers asking the same questions as before.

Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Malta, NY

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in June 2011.

I was called into the first round of interviews almost immediately after applying. I took some tests and after passing them I was able to move on to a initial interview. My interviewer was surly, made no eye contact and I wasn't sure if she was listening to me. At the end of my interview she told me I would not go on any further in the interviewing process and that my eye contact was poor during the interview. I unexpectedly received a call in a few days asking me to come in for a second interview. This time I had two very friendly interviewers. It was going well at first but then one of the interviewers started yelling at me about a terrible experience that he had at the company I was currently working at. I would have thought this was a behavioral part of the interview but I looked over to the other interviewer and he looked sincerely shocked at what was happening.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time at work that you made a mistake and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at State Farm in June 2010.

The company called me in for multiple skills test and declined people as the tests went on. After passing all the skills test they gave me a phone interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and all the questions were straight forward. The hardest ones were the ones where they asked me to recall previous experiences to relate to different scenarios. After that they asked me to take 2 drug tests. And finally, they asked me to go in another time for a spanish test, this is where i failed. So after all those tests they sent me a letter saying they chose someone with better spanish speaking ability. The people were all nice, just seemed like a hassle for a low paying job.

Interview Questions
    • Recall an experience where you had a difficult customer who didn't take no for an answer   Answer Question