State Farm College Intern Interview Questions

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

College Intern Interview

Very standard, phone interview with typically questions - describe yourself, how did you handle a situation that involved conflicting team members, how did you overcome an obstacle, etc. It was my first interview ever, and I was extremely nervous but somehow impressed the interview enough to get the job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Define "success" in terms other than monetary compensation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in October 2012.

Applied online, completed skills assessment (listening test, typing test, and behavioral questions); followed up with phone interview with behavioral questions?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in May 2012.

Applied online, pre-assesment test, phone interview was scheduled and then conducted. Received a phone call one week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Just the standard interview questions along with speaking about yourself and past experience.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in March 2011.

Lengthy process, initially was not hired position but got a call back a couple months later being offered the position in other locations. I declined because State Farm does not provide relocation or housing assistance at all. Overall, the recruiter interviewing me was nice and helpful but he did not provide any feedback as to why I was not initially offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with an irate customer   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

I applied through online website. Got an email that requested me to do a skills test (typing). A day later, I received a call from an employee from HR notifying that I passed and will need a phone interview. I would say the interview was basic behaviorial interview with a few questions that require you to demonstrate your problem solving skills. I finished the phone interview and have not heard back for at least a month. I pretty much gave up by then. But randomly after spring break, they said I passed and gave me a contigent offer. I gladly accepted and went through background check/ drug screening. Within a week , I got my official offer and I accepted.
    Tip:
    Being friendly and corgial is very important for this company. I think this company is looking for someone that will get along with everyone. Try to highlight that you are a nice person.

Interview Questions
    • At one point, they asked a really broad question. So any answer could've been a hit or a miss.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. But I did manage to negotiate a shorter internship

College Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in January 2011.

It was a long but thorough process.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm in May 2010.

Started with a one to one interview with a member of HR. The one to one interview cost about 45 min. Most of the questions were general behavioral questions. After that, I had a phone interview with a department manager. The phone interview is short, about 30 min.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you in a group work and something goes wrong. How you handle that?   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm in April 2010.

I got called in to take a personality test and assessment exam. The assessment exam wasn't to hard just some logic questions. You get told if you passed right away and then I was set up for an interview with their HR person. Interview was standard, mostly question about how you do in groups. A few weeks later I had a phone interview with the manager I would be working under and was then offered the job a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team/group member?   Answer Question

College Intern Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm in April 2008.

I attended a college job fair where State Farm was present and actively looking for Operation and Sales interns throughout the State. Operation interns required a minimum GPA of 3.0 and Sales interns just required experience. After speaking with the HR rep at the even an appointment was set to take an intelligence/logic test that took about 15 minutes (timed) it was relatively easy if you can solve problems fast. After receiving a call back the next day with good news a phone interview was done, took about 30 minutes with easy behavioral questions dealing with sales. A week later I received a call and the background check was done to finish the process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a moment where you had to sell a product or idea to someone? What steps did you take?   View Answer
    Pay is better for sales interns but they do not get any housing. No negotiating pay and no commission as an intern.