State Farm Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.6

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in September 2014.

I applied online and got a response about a day or two later. Scheduled an interview for the next day. The store was a small store with 6 desk with only 3 people working. I had the interview with the manager. He asked basic interview questions.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in May 2014.

Most of this process was online, testing, application, etc. Had 1 phone interview with live person, no in person interview. After interview, there was a few weeks delay so didn't think I had the job. then out of the blue they called and said I did.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I worked with undependable co workers, and what would I do. I shared that I did not work with undependable people at my former job.   View Answer
    No negotiation, flat rate.

The usual interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hendersonville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hendersonville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Interview was smooth and free of the usual "tell me about a time when.." kinds of questions. The agent focused squarely on the business and the role to be played. The information sought was intuitive yet the questions or statements leading into the conversation was unique to the agent's business model. I learned quite a bit from the interview and am blessed to have had the opportunity to sit for the CSR role.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview was conducted over the phone. Asked the general questions and whether you read over the material provided before the interview. Very simple

Interview Questions
    • Must read the material, other than that nothing was difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

It took three months for the interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm.

Well i'm just gone start from the Beginning my first step was a phone interview which was scheduled at 11:30 am but I my interviewer called me late. The guy who interviewed me was pretty straight forward and told me at the beginning of the phone interview to tell him a little about me, but he only wanted to hear stuff that would help me get a job. The questions were pretty typical interview questions, I think the only thing at scared him was when i was said something about going back to school. So if you get an interview with this company please don't mention going back to school unless your more specific on why, because most companies feel that if you go back to further your education your not going to be with the company long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

I applied online on a Thursday about 11:00pm in late dec 2013 and awoke to an email the next morning advising me I would get an email to take the assessments. 2days later took online assessments which were just basic typing and listening while typing tests. about 2-3 days later was sent an email for phone interview. I had applied for multiple positions so I had 2 interviews(1 for each position). interviewed for 1 position within 1day and the other 1 a week from there. recruiter said I would hear back in a week but I received a callback and job offer in less that 5min. no more interviews needed. took drug test, they do an extensive background check and they actually call every company on your resume so make sure you are honest because this is one of the few companies that will ACTUALLY check and call EVERYONE. lol

Interview Questions
    • most difficult was: "tell about a time when you could not deliver on a promise you made to a customer.".   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. the only thing I could negotiate or choose was which training class to begin or when to begin training.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Hiring process was short and simple. I applied and did an over-the-phone interview. Recruiter was nice and just asked me question about what i know about State Farm, why I want to work there, why i would be a good fit, and if i had any questions for her.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a good fit in the role of a customer service rep?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Farm.

I first saw the open position online and applied. I was then notified to take a few preliminary test. Two months later I received an Invite to interview by email with instructions to call a recruiter. I called the recruiter and she set me up for a phone interview for a month from the date of the call.