State Farm

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hendersonville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was smooth and free of the usual "tell me about a time when.." kinds of questions. The agent focused squarely on the business and the role to be played. The information sought was intuitive yet the questions or statements leading into the conversation was unique to the agent's business model. I learned quite a bit from the interview and am blessed to have had the opportunity to sit for the CSR role.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted over the phone. Asked the general questions and whether you read over the material provided before the interview. Very simple

Interview Question – Must read the material, other than that nothing was difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Interview Details – It took three months for the interview

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Well i'm just gone start from the Beginning my first step was a phone interview which was scheduled at 11:30 am but I my interviewer called me late. The guy who interviewed me was pretty straight forward and told me at the beginning of the phone interview to tell him a little about me, but he only wanted to hear stuff that would help me get a job. The questions were pretty typical interview questions, I think the only thing at scared him was when i was said something about going back to school. So if you get an interview with this company please don't mention going back to school unless your more specific on why, because most companies feel that if you go back to further your education your not going to be with the company long.

Interview Question – Pretty Stander questions nothing surprising or hard.   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Thursday about 11:00pm in late dec 2013 and awoke to an email the next morning advising me I would get an email to take the assessments. 2days later took online assessments which were just basic typing and listening while typing tests. about 2-3 days later was sent an email for phone interview. I had applied for multiple positions so I had 2 interviews(1 for each position). interviewed for 1 position within 1day and the other 1 a week from there. recruiter said I would hear back in a week but I received a callback and job offer in less that 5min. no more interviews needed. took drug test, they do an extensive background check and they actually call every company on your resume so make sure you are honest because this is one of the few companies that will ACTUALLY check and call EVERYONE. lol

Interview Question – most difficult was: "tell about a time when you could not deliver on a promise you made to a customer.".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. the only thing I could negotiate or choose was which training class to begin or when to begin training.

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – I first saw the open position online and applied. I was then notified to take a few preliminary test. Two months later I received an Invite to interview by email with instructions to call a recruiter. I called the recruiter and she set me up for a phone interview for a month from the date of the call.

Interview Question – Havn't interviewed yet   Answer Question

Clinton, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was very informal. We simply discussed my resume and my future plans.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was if I would stay in insurance sales if I was selected. I didn't want to stay in insurance, but I wanted sales experience. I wasn't sure what to say...   View Answer

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – Panel of four. In person.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you weren't able to succeed.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in April 2009.

Interview Details – Hired once interview conducted

Interview Question – Job responsibilities from previous job and how I handled certain scenario's and what my weakness were and how I overcame them!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated higher salary by explaining my experience and what I would bring to the company to increase sales and retain business!

Dunwoody, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online on July 20th and then was informed of a career fair on August 6-7 in Atlanta. After standing in line for over one hour on August 6th, decided there was no point in wasting time standing out in the hot sun when I can return early in the morning on the 7th.Arrived at 7am on the 7th where there was a presentation and one on one interview which was all completed by 8am.On August 10th, I was sent an email to complete a personality and typing test.Personality tests are situation type questions while typing test requires you to type as many words as possible within a specified time.Received email on August 19th I passed the tests and was deemed competitive.Received call on August 29th regarding contingent job offer and to complete background check and drug tests. I was then informed I passed received final job offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 12.50 per hour no room for negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.