State Farm Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Farm in January 2015.

Interview

I thoroughly enjoyed working for mr. Sanders. My interview was mid day. Chip was very sincere. I was very nervous but after meeting him I relaxed. He was very professional.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Buffalo, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with independent agent and office manager on first interview. Also took cognitive reasoning test called Wonderlik. On second interview was interviewed by the rest of the staff. The company was very smooth flowing. I didn't have my P&C license but was willing to get it. They offered in the job training.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the phones ringing and someone walking in the door?   Answer Question
    • What is your most proud accomplishment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview, they just asked about your experience with customers. And the interviewer also went over a typical day in the life of a CSR

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to help a difficult customer ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Applied online took a month, did phone interview. Interview was easy. interviewer was nice but direct to point. I look her up on linkeden before the call. Was offered the job on the spot. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• Why State Farm? Educational background? Several "tell me about a time" type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable set pay.

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm (Stone Mountain, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a response about a day or two later. Scheduled an interview for the next day. The store was a small store with 6 desk with only 3 people working. I had the interview with the manager. He asked basic interview questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

Interview

Applied via company website and was then prompted to complete online testing. Scheduled phone interview with HR that lasted about 30 minutes. Simple questions on how I would handle customer situations and quick review of previous work history. Was expecting a face to face interview to follow however was offered position at the end of the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Most of this process was online, testing, application, etc. Had 1 phone interview with live person, no in person interview. After interview, there was a few weeks delay so didn't think I had the job. then out of the blue they called and said I did.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I worked with undependable co workers, and what would I do. I shared that I did not work with undependable people at my former job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, flat rate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The usual interview questions

Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Hendersonville, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview was smooth and free of the usual "tell me about a time when.." kinds of questions. The agent focused squarely on the business and the role to be played. The information sought was intuitive yet the questions or statements leading into the conversation was unique to the agent's business model. I learned quite a bit from the interview and am blessed to have had the opportunity to sit for the CSR role.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Interview was conducted over the phone. Asked the general questions and whether you read over the material provided before the interview. Very simple

Interview Questions

• Must read the material, other than that nothing was difficult to answer.   Answer Question