State Farm Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm (Rochester, NY).

Interview

During the interview process I felt very relaxed. The employer was very nice and easy to speak with. The interview process was about an 1 hour long then I took a test on the computer for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position through a staffing company, I did not even know it was state farm at the time. I did not know until in arrived for my interview. When I got there I filled out some paper work and I had an interview with another person and two recruiters. One recruiter didn't even know they were doing interviews that day which is kind of unprofessional to state that you don't even know what's going on at your own job. It was supposed to be one on one but they decided to kills two birds with one stone I guess. The interview was easy they just asked us about our work experience and then told us about the the job. One recruiter was on the computer land the other was asking questions about our work experience. She said that I would probably be good for the banking department and would email us each an assessment. I think I got the assessment two days later. I know it wasn't the same day. After I took the assessment I never heard anything. Usually you get a phone or email no matter the results. At the interview, the recruiter said if I had any questions to contact her. I waited awhile before I did so and I asked her twice about my assessment. She never answered. Once I finally spoke with her about a month later, it was obvious she was annoyed. I was thrown off by her attitude and I forgot what questions I was going to ask. She said that the position was closed. I just said OK she hung up. It's totally fine if I did not score high enough on the assessment or was not picked for the job, or whatever the issue was. Although I'm sure I did because find I just toom the use type of test for a similar company and I received my results the same day. The recruiter even told me I did really well. It would have been great got this position because the one I just passed for is about an hour and a half away from my home. When I went to the state farm interview it only took me about 30 minutes. Overall, my main issue is that she never gave me my results who gives someone a test with no results ? It's just unprofessional to not do a follow up.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any questions asked we just described our work experience and she described the position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at State Farm in January 2015.

Interview

I thoroughly enjoyed working for mr. Sanders. My interview was mid day. Chip was very sincere. I was very nervous but after meeting him I relaxed. He was very professional.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Buffalo, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with independent agent and office manager on first interview. Also took cognitive reasoning test called Wonderlik. On second interview was interviewed by the rest of the staff. The company was very smooth flowing. I didn't have my P&C license but was willing to get it. They offered in the job training.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the phones ringing and someone walking in the door?   Answer Question
    • What is your most proud accomplishment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview, they just asked about your experience with customers. And the interviewer also went over a typical day in the life of a CSR

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to help a difficult customer ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Applied online took a month, did phone interview. Interview was easy. interviewer was nice but direct to point. I look her up on linkeden before the call. Was offered the job on the spot. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• Why State Farm? Educational background? Several "tell me about a time" type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable set pay.

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm (Stone Mountain, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a response about a day or two later. Scheduled an interview for the next day. The store was a small store with 6 desk with only 3 people working. I had the interview with the manager. He asked basic interview questions.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

Interview

Applied via company website and was then prompted to complete online testing. Scheduled phone interview with HR that lasted about 30 minutes. Simple questions on how I would handle customer situations and quick review of previous work history. Was expecting a face to face interview to follow however was offered position at the end of the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm (Richardson, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Most of this process was online, testing, application, etc. Had 1 phone interview with live person, no in person interview. After interview, there was a few weeks delay so didn't think I had the job. then out of the blue they called and said I did.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I worked with undependable co workers, and what would I do. I shared that I did not work with undependable people at my former job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, flat rate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The usual interview questions