State Farm

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had the HR manager so my interview was over an hour where I heard others were only 20 minutes. The interview itself was over the phone and by far one of the most difficult interviews I have had.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time….LOTS OF THOSE!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have schooling it is more.

Richardson, TX

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in May 2014.

Interview Details – Most of this process was online, testing, application, etc. Had 1 phone interview with live person, no in person interview. After interview, there was a few weeks delay so didn't think I had the job. then out of the blue they called and said I did.

Interview Question – Asked if I worked with undependable co workers, and what would I do. I shared that I did not work with undependable people at my former job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, flat rate.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process was short and simple. I applied and did an over-the-phone interview. Recruiter was nice and just asked me question about what i know about State Farm, why I want to work there, why i would be a good fit, and if i had any questions for her.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit in the role of a customer service rep?   Answer Question

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – The usual interview questions

Interview Question – Strengths weaknesses skills and abilities   Answer Question

Hendersonville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was smooth and free of the usual "tell me about a time when.." kinds of questions. The agent focused squarely on the business and the role to be played. The information sought was intuitive yet the questions or statements leading into the conversation was unique to the agent's business model. I learned quite a bit from the interview and am blessed to have had the opportunity to sit for the CSR role.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted over the phone. Asked the general questions and whether you read over the material provided before the interview. Very simple

Interview Question – Must read the material, other than that nothing was difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I interviewed at State Farm in March 2014.

Interview Details – It took three months for the interview

Interview Question – Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Well i'm just gone start from the Beginning my first step was a phone interview which was scheduled at 11:30 am but I my interviewer called me late. The guy who interviewed me was pretty straight forward and told me at the beginning of the phone interview to tell him a little about me, but he only wanted to hear stuff that would help me get a job. The questions were pretty typical interview questions, I think the only thing at scared him was when i was said something about going back to school. So if you get an interview with this company please don't mention going back to school unless your more specific on why, because most companies feel that if you go back to further your education your not going to be with the company long.

Interview Question – Pretty Stander questions nothing surprising or hard.   Answer Question

Tempe, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Thursday about 11:00pm in late dec 2013 and awoke to an email the next morning advising me I would get an email to take the assessments. 2days later took online assessments which were just basic typing and listening while typing tests. about 2-3 days later was sent an email for phone interview. I had applied for multiple positions so I had 2 interviews(1 for each position). interviewed for 1 position within 1day and the other 1 a week from there. recruiter said I would hear back in a week but I received a callback and job offer in less that 5min. no more interviews needed. took drug test, they do an extensive background check and they actually call every company on your resume so make sure you are honest because this is one of the few companies that will ACTUALLY check and call EVERYONE. lol

Interview Question – most difficult was: "tell about a time when you could not deliver on a promise you made to a customer.".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. the only thing I could negotiate or choose was which training class to begin or when to begin training.

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – I first saw the open position online and applied. I was then notified to take a few preliminary test. Two months later I received an Invite to interview by email with instructions to call a recruiter. I called the recruiter and she set me up for a phone interview for a month from the date of the call.

Interview Question – Havn't interviewed yet   Answer Question

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!