State Farm Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I first saw the open position online and applied. I was then notified to take a few preliminary test. Two months later I received an Invite to interview by email with instructions to call a recruiter. I called the recruiter and she set me up for a phone interview for a month from the date of the call.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Panel of four. In person.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you weren't able to succeed.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Went online, completed survey, got phone interview, declined in person interview.

Too little pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview, they just asked about your experience with customers. And the interviewer also went over a typical day in the life of a CSR

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to help a difficult customer ?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The usual interview questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Interview

I applied online and did a phone interview. Asked questions about how would handle a difficult customer, past experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be prepared to start on selected start date.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position through a staffing company, I did not even know it was state farm at the time. I did not know until in arrived for my interview. When I got there I filled out some paper work and I had an interview with another person and two recruiters. One recruiter didn't even know they were doing interviews that day which is kind of unprofessional to state that you don't even know what's going on at your own job. It was supposed to be one on one but they decided to kills two birds with one stone I guess. The interview was easy they just asked us about our work experience and then told us about the the job. One recruiter was on the computer land the other was asking questions about our work experience. She said that I would probably be good for the banking department and would email us each an assessment. I think I got the assessment two days later. I know it wasn't the same day. After I took the assessment I never heard anything. Usually you get a phone or email no matter the results. At the interview, the recruiter said if I had any questions to contact her. I waited awhile before I did so and I asked her twice about my assessment. She never answered. Once I finally spoke with her about a month later, it was obvious she was annoyed. I was thrown off by her attitude and I forgot what questions I was going to ask. She said that the position was closed. I just said OK she hung up. It's totally fine if I did not score high enough on the assessment or was not picked for the job, or whatever the issue was. Although I'm sure I did because find I just toom the use type of test for a similar company and I received my results the same day. The recruiter even told me I did really well. It would have been great got this position because the one I just passed for is about an hour and a half away from my home. When I went to the state farm interview it only took me about 30 minutes. Overall, my main issue is that she never gave me my results who gives someone a test with no results ? It's just unprofessional to not do a follow up.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any questions asked we just described our work experience and she described the position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm in August 2010.

Interview

Agent needed help and I was recommended by a mutual friend.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm in October 2009.

Interview

I applied to an online job site ad. I got a response e-mail and was invited in for an interview. It was very casual. Only the office manager was there, i did not meet the agent until 1 week after being hired. It was very easy. We basically reviewed my resume and I believe they checked my references. There was a background check, credit check and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How will you be an asset to our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate your salary if you have a good hand to play.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Salem, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm (North Salem, NH) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and loved it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A