State Farm

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interview Details – The usual interview questions

Interview Question – Strengths weaknesses skills and abilities   Answer Question

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – Panel of four. In person.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you weren't able to succeed.   Answer Question

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – Went online, completed survey, got phone interview, declined in person interview.

Interview Question – None. Easy Peasy.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too little pay.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – I first saw the open position online and applied. I was then notified to take a few preliminary test. Two months later I received an Invite to interview by email with instructions to call a recruiter. I called the recruiter and she set me up for a phone interview for a month from the date of the call.

Interview Question – Havn't interviewed yet   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – I applied online and did a phone interview. Asked questions about how would handle a difficult customer, past experiences.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be prepared to start on selected start date.

North Salem, NH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was very smooth and loved it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Customer Service Representative

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in August 2010.

Interview Details – Agent needed help and I was recommended by a mutual friend.

Interview Question – Do you have a Property and Casualty license?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to an online job site ad. I got a response e-mail and was invited in for an interview. It was very casual. Only the office manager was there, i did not meet the agent until 1 week after being hired. It was very easy. We basically reviewed my resume and I believe they checked my references. There was a background check, credit check and I was hired.

Interview Question – How will you be an asset to our company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your salary if you have a good hand to play.

Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the agent on the first interview. The interview was very conversational. Met for a 2nd interview and was offered employment. The 2nd interview took 2 weeks for the call back. The position was for sales as well as customer service. Commissions were good but base salary was very low.

Interview Question – Why are you seeking employment?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary was too low

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process was short and simple. I applied and did an over-the-phone interview. Recruiter was nice and just asked me question about what i know about State Farm, why I want to work there, why i would be a good fit, and if i had any questions for her.

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit in the role of a customer service rep?   Answer Question

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!