State Farm Fire Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There was an initial phone screening with an HR rep. From there, the pre-employment testing was administered. Finally a panel interview takes place with several team managers. The group then decides on who to offer the positions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for many positions with State Farm and took a while to get a response back from one that paid well which was the Fire Insurance Claims position. I took the assessment and passed. The next day I received an email to choose which times would be good for an hour long phone interview. I scheduled the next day. The phone interview started with asking if I had any questions about the job. Was thrown off since I was expecting to be asked at the end. I asked about the schedule and that was it (thinking I would have an opportunity to ask later...). She went over benefits and pay. Next she asked why I wanted to work for State Farm. I mentioned how great it would be working for a fortune 100 company, the great service I received from State Farm in the past and how it left a mark on me and joked about the Hans and Frans commercials too. Then came the situational questions. Discuss a time when a customer was demanding, lead a team and a tough situation I overcame. Use the STAR system and you should be fine. Here is where I was prepared to ask more questions but instead was offered a position. I accepted though was made aware that it's a 24 month contract with the opportunity to apply for new position after 18 months but could be let go. It's fine for me since it's at least good experience in this entry level role. What's great is that I didn't have to go in for an interview and worry about appearance, eye contact, handshake, parking, etc, etc...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm (Irving, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied to position on 2/16/15, got call from recruiter a/b phone interview on 2/19/15. I'd already done the job assessments and questionnaires in September when they were considering me for the same position. Unfortunately that position got placed on hold the same day I was offered a phone interview for it. Did phone Interview on 2/23/15, lasted about 30-45 minutes. Recruiter was a very upbeat and personable man. He did a good job of explaining the job culture and benefits of working for state farm. Also made the potential salary increases based on job performance sound great. He started with tell me about yourself. He then asked about my education and degree, asked why I'm interested in state farm, why interested in claims? Discussed salary expectations and since it was less than what I requested on my application would it work for me. The salary was generous, and I'm fine with it because I have to take into account that I don't come from an insurance background. Plus he said that yearly raises are pretty much guaranteed as long as you're meeting or exceeding job expectations. That's something we didn't get at my last job. Also said that overtime was often available and you'd get paid time and a half for it. Next were the behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Time you had conflict with a coworker, how did you handle it, what was the outcome.
      2. Describe a time you weren't able to deliver on a timeframe you'd given a customer. Looking back, what do you think you could have done differently?
      3. Describe a time you were given critical feedback.
      4. A time you had to complete a large volume of work in a short amount of time. (Quantity vs Quality)
      5. A time you had to solve a problem. How did you do it? What was the outcome? Do you think you made the right decision? Why or why not?

4 Answers

Claims Representative Fire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Irving, TX).

Interview

Applied for job online of August 2nd, Received an email 2 days later on August 4th with pre-employment assessment. I received an email on August 5th stating I had successfully completed the pre-employment assessment, and I now have a phone interview scheduled for August 11th, wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• My phone interview is scheduled for a few days. She did advise me to look over the job listing to prepare for the interview accordingly.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

The interview process is lengthy. I had a 1 on 1 interview, a computer data entry test, a 3 panel interview, and a meet and greet tour prior to being hired.

Interview Questions

• They ask many good cop bad cop situation questions but the most difficult is why do you want to work at State Farm.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no financial negotiation for salary.

Claim Representative Fire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saltillo, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Saltillo, MS).

Interview

Not really sure. I have been contacted for the Pre Employment assessment

Fire Claims Representative Interview

Interview

Pretty simple process although very lengthy. It started with pre-employment testing, then on to the phone interview. The interview is pretty laid back. It started with the usual "tell me about yourself" and then on to about 5 competency questions. Do you homework because the competencies they select are picked from the job's actual posting on the website.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to turn in a product, and due to time contraints, its quality was compromised.   Answer Question

Fire Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The hiring process was not all that organized as some of the other i read here on glassdoor. It started off smooth but then i guess this is why i didnt get offer

Interview Questions

• All questions standard, just general as why do you want to work for State Farm   1 Answer

Fire Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Aurora, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very organized as well as HR was very helpful with any questions I had throughout the process.

Interview was conducted very professionally by one member of HR. Atmosphere was somewhat laid back and HR interviewer was very nice. There was one other candidate in the waiting room and by the looks of her paperwork, she was a current employee as this was an external/internal job posting.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions, but one that got me tongue tied even though I practiced was "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

Fire Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Aurora, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Online application, telephone interview, in person interview with HR recruiter. Process took about two weeks from application to interview.

Interview Questions

• Most were situational questions about how you would deal with a particular client or situation.   Answer Question

Found better job offer elsewhere