State Farm

Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Account Representative Interview

The interview was laid back. It depends on who the agent is. I took initiative in telling about myself, and my past experience. You need to have some kind of sales background, or customer service, dealing with people, etc. Everything relys on the personality of your agent. They could be any certain way, just be professional, and honest.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Not very thorough on pay, hours, lunches, paid time off, etc. Interview lasted around 3 hours and got very little from it. Hard part is that I thought I understood until I actually started the job and everything was much different than expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at State Farm.

Had to submit an application online. Didn't get a call until about a month or two later. Did an over-the-phone interview and then an in-person interview. Got offered a job, there was a back ground test (no drug screening) and then had to pass my two licensing exams.

Interview Questions
    • None really they were all pretty basic. It's more about how confident you are and how you present yourself in a sales position.   Answer Question

Insurance Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

There were a couple of evaluations I took on line, and I submitted my resume. I had a phone interview that consisted of just basic biographical information, a face to face interview that consisted of very few questions. It was more of a general discussion concerning the job description. This was followed by a lunch meeting with an area sales supervisor, and at the end, I actually had to ask for the job.

Interview Questions
    • None, there were very few questions about my qualifications.   Answer Question
    Get ALL of the facts about training and compensation before you accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at State Farm in November 2009.

Went in to do a skills test. Once that was passed then i wass called in for interview win agent.

Interview Questions
    I was made an offer over the phone which I accepted.

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Made contact through a local job board. Gave resume & received interview. Was hired quickly to fill a recent vacancy.

Insurance Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm in June 2010.

Initially, I received a call from the employer's manager. After making a good impression on the Office Manager, she invited me to meet with her and the Agent about a week later. The interview was with both the Office Manager and Agent. The interview was more a conversation, it seemed more like a test of my character and charisma. It was helpful that I did some outside research on the Agent. At the end, they both loved my personality and intelligence but wanted to hire someone who spoke a certain language. Though they did not offer me the job, at the same time they referred me to another Agent who was hiring at the time and after interviewing with her, similar process, I received an offer within 2 days.

It is important to keep your composure, try not to do any movements that indicate nervousness or uncertainty, after all, the position you are applying for is sales. Be confident in your answers and speak clearly and intelligently. While the interview style is conversational, be sure to include your skills and past experiences into the convo as well. I personally believe I got the job offer and referral because I was able to keep the conversation flowing, crack a few smart jokes, ask questions about business and personal, but not too personal, and genuine interest in the field.

Interview Questions
    • Do you see yourself in this position in the long run?   View Answer

Insurance Accounts Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm in June 2009.

very causal interview

ask about my previous job performance. I just basically told him the truth.(which is not too good)

my salary is kinda low but my boss is very good in terms of sales.

So i accept his offer.

There are only four people in our office. Usually very quiet in the morning.

My boss concentrate on life insurance rather than auto and home.

He always told to provide financial service/planning rather than just being a order taker.