State Farm

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm in November 2009.

Interview Details – Went in to do a skills test. Once that was passed then i wass called in for interview win agent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was made an offer over the phone which I accepted.

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – Made contact through a local job board. Gave resume & received interview. Was hired quickly to fill a recent vacancy.

Interview Question – "Sell me something"   Answer Question

Insurance Account Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initially, I received a call from the employer's manager. After making a good impression on the Office Manager, she invited me to meet with her and the Agent about a week later. The interview was with both the Office Manager and Agent. The interview was more a conversation, it seemed more like a test of my character and charisma. It was helpful that I did some outside research on the Agent. At the end, they both loved my personality and intelligence but wanted to hire someone who spoke a certain language. Though they did not offer me the job, at the same time they referred me to another Agent who was hiring at the time and after interviewing with her, similar process, I received an offer within 2 days.

It is important to keep your composure, try not to do any movements that indicate nervousness or uncertainty, after all, the position you are applying for is sales. Be confident in your answers and speak clearly and intelligently. While the interview style is conversational, be sure to include your skills and past experiences into the convo as well. I personally believe I got the job offer and referral because I was able to keep the conversation flowing, crack a few smart jokes, ask questions about business and personal, but not too personal, and genuine interest in the field.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself in this position in the long run?   View Answer

Insurance Accounts Representative Interview

Insurance Accounts Representative
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in June 2009.

Interview Details – very causal interview

ask about my previous job performance. I just basically told him the truth.(which is not too good)

my salary is kinda low but my boss is very good in terms of sales.

So i accept his offer.

There are only four people in our office. Usually very quiet in the morning.

My boss concentrate on life insurance rather than auto and home.

He always told to provide financial service/planning rather than just being a order taker.

Interview Question – How are you looking for from this job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm Insurance Account Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.