State Farm Insurance Account Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very personal. 1 phone interview, then 1 face-to-face. Many questions about goals, life and expectations. Very informal which I like. Mine consisted of a 20 minute phone call, then scheduled an appointment. My appointment interview took about 45 minutes and mainly felt like meeting a new person who was more like a friend than an employer.

Interview Questions

• Mainly personal and goal oriented. Questions center around who you are, where you may want to go, what you have done, what brought you to this place, etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Elgin, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed, very basic questions about plans for the future, skills, and what drives you. They really like responsibility. They called me and set up a in person interview, and then called me in for a second interview where they offered me a job.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Columbia, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume to a recruiter at my former University and got an email back immediately. I went in on a Friday morning and the interview was very laid back. The manager was very nice and asked a lot of questions about my college degree (social science also I'm a recent graduate) and why I wanted a sales position. He asked questions about my previous sales jobs and told me a lot about the company. They stressed being able to connect with people and having an willingness to work. Monday I was offered the job and my background check was completed by thursday. I saw someone say that you must have good credit to work for them and that is false. Also if you have an accident or a few tickets you will still be fine.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your specific major? Why do you think you are suited for this job?   Answer Question

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Interview

The interview was laid back. It depends on who the agent is. I took initiative in telling about myself, and my past experience. You need to have some kind of sales background, or customer service, dealing with people, etc. Everything relys on the personality of your agent. They could be any certain way, just be professional, and honest.

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Interview

Not very thorough on pay, hours, lunches, paid time off, etc. Interview lasted around 3 hours and got very little from it. Hard part is that I thought I understood until I actually started the job and everything was much different than expected.

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Farm (Portage, MI).

Interview

Had to submit an application online. Didn't get a call until about a month or two later. Did an over-the-phone interview and then an in-person interview. Got offered a job, there was a back ground test (no drug screening) and then had to pass my two licensing exams.

Interview Questions

• None really they were all pretty basic. It's more about how confident you are and how you present yourself in a sales position.   Answer Question

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm in July 2014.

Interview

There were a couple of evaluations I took on line, and I submitted my resume. I had a phone interview that consisted of just basic biographical information, a face to face interview that consisted of very few questions. It was more of a general discussion concerning the job description. This was followed by a lunch meeting with an area sales supervisor, and at the end, I actually had to ask for the job.

Interview Questions

• None, there were very few questions about my qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get ALL of the facts about training and compensation before you accept.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Farm (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Talked to agent first about role and resume review, it was a one-on-one process with the agent and very comfortable. Then, once selected, went in for a second interview were we matched job specifications with career goals

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Farm (Miami, FL) in November 2009.

Interview

Went in to do a skills test. Once that was passed then i wass called in for interview win agent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was made an offer over the phone which I accepted.

Insurance Account Representative Interview

Interview

Made contact through a local job board. Gave resume & received interview. Was hired quickly to fill a recent vacancy.