State Farm Insurance Agent Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in May 2014.

I applied at a local office. I was first emailed to come in for an interview. It was not an interview but test given. Background check and credit check forms to fill out. After I was done with all of the written test they had I was then asked back for an second interview. The second interview was with the agent of the office. He was straight forward in what the job was and his expectations. Interview questions were basic. After the interview he sent off my info for the background check and credit check. Got a call about a week and I was hired!

None

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online - interviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

I just took an interview with the Head of HR and the process was fairly laid back. No questions were to serious or stunning. One of the questions I remember was, " what plans do you have in 5 years?" I told them management and they seemed to like it.

I felt like I wanted to explore the job market more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person - interviewed at State Farm in June 2011.

Multiple Process. Several Interviews and a business plan is required.

Interview Questions
    Very good and generous company. Lots of support for new agents.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at State Farm.

Interviewed by Agent oppening new office.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions about sales experience and customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in January 2012.

It lasted about 2 hours. We had a great conversation and she asked for an entire background story about my life. Then, once she determined I was right for the job, she gave me a job description of what I would be doing. The job was actually very nice. It was on my own time and gave me freedom.

Interview Questions

It was full-commission which was not what I was looking for.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at State Farm in August 2010.

I had to take a personality and skills test on the computer after the one on one interview. The lady loved me then I take the test and failed due to not passing the part about customer service. I feel that the test was unfair because I totally feel I have customer service skills. I have over 18 years real estate experience and I am licensed as an insurance agent in Property/Casualty, Life, Acdident and Health. I definitely know customer service. With being in real estate for so many years, I have been over almost backwards and gone out of my way to please folks. I think companies that have such test miss out on some good candidates that would of been a great asset to their company. I would like to know who actually makes these sort of test up, they obviously have a different personality than poor ole me. I have got on with a good insurance company and have been doing great and have been receiving great reviews.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a disagreement with a customer?   View Answer
    • How would you handle someone that just walked in and you had to go?   View Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in November 2011.

Applied online and received a call back shortly after

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in May 2011.

It was a group internivew. Interviewees went down my reseme and asked me to discuss each item in detail

Interview Questions

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!