State Farm Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Very intense and long-met with 3 interview panels of 6. Each panel asked a series of very difficult questions which ranged in subject matter and difficulty. The process was very intimidating

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you've ever had to do in your life?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The initial interview was done over the phone. They will go into details of what the job entails as well as giving you information on the extensive training. If you pass the interview, then you are given a link to begin the process, which starts with passing an assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed a team before? Have you run an office at any time? What are your sales experience?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Farm in January 2015.

Interview

Always looking for good sales people with Life, health, and Annuities license and is really interested in persons that have their Property and Casualty license. Wants a cross seller to bring-in more than one of the 150 products State Farm offers. Very nice man from France and it is a new business for him (under one year). Offers small salary plus commission.

Interview Questions

• What type of product would you say you would be able to sell best?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Herndon, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Brought in a copy of my resume to go over with office manager. A small math and English IQ exam was given before the interview to see where I was in regards to to my ability to multi task, communicate and comprehend.

Interview Questions

• To go through my resume in more depth.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I was qualified to get what I wanted with no questions asked..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

recruiter reached out to me via linkedin. conducted a 30 minute phone interview, then an hour face to face interview a week later. had to put together a comprehensive business plan and present to a panel

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied at a local office. I was first emailed to come in for an interview. It was not an interview but test given. Background check and credit check forms to fill out. After I was done with all of the written test they had I was then asked back for an second interview. The second interview was with the agent of the office. He was straight forward in what the job was and his expectations. Interview questions were basic. After the interview he sent off my info for the background check and credit check. Got a call about a week and I was hired!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Short where I felt judgment had be passed the moment I met the Agency Owner. His questions were vague and pointed at personal issues/beliefs. Situations pointed to interaction with agency rather than customer. Based on my experience from the interviewer side of the equation, I knew he was looking for a specific type of person that fit his image of a agent, not he potential of the person. 15 minutes before the end of the interview I knew her wasn't going to hire me, and 2 minutes into the interview I knew I would not accept a job offer. I used the experience just practice interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about insurance?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

Interview

I just took an interview with the Head of HR and the process was fairly laid back. No questions were to serious or stunning. One of the questions I remember was, " what plans do you have in 5 years?" I told them management and they seemed to like it.

I felt like I wanted to explore the job market more.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Interviewed by Agent oppening new office.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions about sales experience and customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Farm (Stamford, CT) in February 2013.

Interview

It went well. Some of the salary and benefits were a bit glorified. Seems like there is not much room for advancement. Overall a decent company to work for for mid level positions. I would like to see more help and more lead generation offered to all agents. It seems like you are left to fend for yourself