State Farm Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm (Bloomington, IL).

Interview

Very intense and long-met with 3 interview panels of 6. Each panel asked a series of very difficult questions which ranged in subject matter and difficulty. The process was very intimidating

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you've ever had to do in your life?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The initial interview was done over the phone. They will go into details of what the job entails as well as giving you information on the extensive training. If you pass the interview, then you are given a link to begin the process, which starts with passing an assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed a team before? Have you run an office at any time? What are your sales experience?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm in January 2015.

Interview

Always looking for good sales people with Life, health, and Annuities license and is really interested in persons that have their Property and Casualty license. Wants a cross seller to bring-in more than one of the 150 products State Farm offers. Very nice man from France and it is a new business for him (under one year). Offers small salary plus commission.

Interview Questions

• What type of product would you say you would be able to sell best?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied at a local office. I was first emailed to come in for an interview. It was not an interview but test given. Background check and credit check forms to fill out. After I was done with all of the written test they had I was then asked back for an second interview. The second interview was with the agent of the office. He was straight forward in what the job was and his expectations. Interview questions were basic. After the interview he sent off my info for the background check and credit check. Got a call about a week and I was hired!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Short where I felt judgment had be passed the moment I met the Agency Owner. His questions were vague and pointed at personal issues/beliefs. Situations pointed to interaction with agency rather than customer.

Based on my experience from the interviewer side of the equation, I knew he was looking for a specific type of person that fit his image of a agent, not he potential of the person. 15 minutes before the end of the interview I knew her wasn't going to hire me, and 2 minutes into the interview I knew I would not accept a job offer.

I used the experience just practice interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about insurance?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

Interview

I just took an interview with the Head of HR and the process was fairly laid back. No questions were to serious or stunning. One of the questions I remember was, " what plans do you have in 5 years?" I told them management and they seemed to like it.

I felt like I wanted to explore the job market more.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

Interviewed by Agent oppening new office.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions about sales experience and customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm (Portland, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

I found the add on Craigslist, submitted my resume and received a phone call the next day. The administrative assistant called me to schedule the interview with the agency owner. I felt like the agent was more interested in my personal life than my qualifications. And at the end of the interview he didn't seem prepared to tell me what was the next step. Never got a call back. I called to follow up and found out he had hired someone else.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

It lasted about 2 hours. We had a great conversation and she asked for an entire background story about my life. Then, once she determined I was right for the job, she gave me a job description of what I would be doing. The job was actually very nice. It was on my own time and gave me freedom.

Interview Questions

It was full-commission which was not what I was looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Multiple Process. Several Interviews and a business plan is required.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very good and generous company. Lots of support for new agents.