State Farm Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

It lasted about 2 hours. We had a great conversation and she asked for an entire background story about my life. Then, once she determined I was right for the job, she gave me a job description of what I would be doing. The job was actually very nice. It was on my own time and gave me freedom.

Interview Questions

It was full-commission which was not what I was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very casual. Asked a few basic questions about my work experience and then talked a great deal about himself. Didn't seem to have basic interviewing skills and never called my ex-employers or asked for references. I was surprised how much he wanted to talk about my personal life, hobbies and his family and volunteer work. It was the most casual interview I've ever encountered.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to ask the customer for an opportunity to give them a life insurance quote? When can you start?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Stamford, CT) in February 2013.

Interview

It went well. Some of the salary and benefits were a bit glorified. Seems like there is not much room for advancement. Overall a decent company to work for for mid level positions. I would like to see more help and more lead generation offered to all agents. It seems like you are left to fend for yourself

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Farm in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back shortly after

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm in January 2015.

Interview

Always looking for good sales people with Life, health, and Annuities license and is really interested in persons that have their Property and Casualty license. Wants a cross seller to bring-in more than one of the 150 products State Farm offers. Very nice man from France and it is a new business for him (under one year). Offers small salary plus commission.

Interview Questions

• What type of product would you say you would be able to sell best?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The initial interview was done over the phone. They will go into details of what the job entails as well as giving you information on the extensive training. If you pass the interview, then you are given a link to begin the process, which starts with passing an assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed a team before? Have you run an office at any time? What are your sales experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Short where I felt judgment had be passed the moment I met the Agency Owner. His questions were vague and pointed at personal issues/beliefs. Situations pointed to interaction with agency rather than customer. Based on my experience from the interviewer side of the equation, I knew he was looking for a specific type of person that fit his image of a agent, not he potential of the person. 15 minutes before the end of the interview I knew her wasn't going to hire me, and 2 minutes into the interview I knew I would not accept a job offer. I used the experience just practice interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about insurance?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm in May 2011.

Interview

It was a group internivew. Interviewees went down my reseme and asked me to discuss each item in detail

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm in August 2010.

Interview

I had to take a personality and skills test on the computer after the one on one interview. The lady loved me then I take the test and failed due to not passing the part about customer service. I feel that the test was unfair because I totally feel I have customer service skills. I have over 18 years real estate experience and I am licensed as an insurance agent in Property/Casualty, Life, Acdident and Health. I definitely know customer service. With being in real estate for so many years, I have been over almost backwards and gone out of my way to please folks. I think companies that have such test miss out on some good candidates that would of been a great asset to their company. I would like to know who actually makes these sort of test up, they obviously have a different personality than poor ole me. I have got on with a good insurance company and have been doing great and have been receiving great reviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a disagreement with a customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle someone that just walked in and you had to go?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Farm (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

recruiter reached out to me via linkedin. conducted a 30 minute phone interview, then an hour face to face interview a week later. had to put together a comprehensive business plan and present to a panel