State Farm Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

It lasted about 2 hours. We had a great conversation and she asked for an entire background story about my life. Then, once she determined I was right for the job, she gave me a job description of what I would be doing. The job was actually very nice. It was on my own time and gave me freedom.

Interview Questions

It was full-commission which was not what I was looking for.

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Farm in November 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back shortly after

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm in January 2015.

Interview

Always looking for good sales people with Life, health, and Annuities license and is really interested in persons that have their Property and Casualty license. Wants a cross seller to bring-in more than one of the 150 products State Farm offers. Very nice man from France and it is a new business for him (under one year). Offers small salary plus commission.

Interview Questions

• What type of product would you say you would be able to sell best?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm.

Interview

The initial interview was done over the phone. They will go into details of what the job entails as well as giving you information on the extensive training. If you pass the interview, then you are given a link to begin the process, which starts with passing an assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever managed a team before? Have you run an office at any time? What are your sales experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Short where I felt judgment had be passed the moment I met the Agency Owner. His questions were vague and pointed at personal issues/beliefs. Situations pointed to interaction with agency rather than customer.

Based on my experience from the interviewer side of the equation, I knew he was looking for a specific type of person that fit his image of a agent, not he potential of the person. 15 minutes before the end of the interview I knew her wasn't going to hire me, and 2 minutes into the interview I knew I would not accept a job offer.

I used the experience just practice interviewing skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about insurance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm (Portland, OR) in July 2012.

Interview

I found the add on Craigslist, submitted my resume and received a phone call the next day. The administrative assistant called me to schedule the interview with the agency owner. I felt like the agent was more interested in my personal life than my qualifications. And at the end of the interview he didn't seem prepared to tell me what was the next step. Never got a call back. I called to follow up and found out he had hired someone else.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm in May 2011.

Interview

It was a group internivew. Interviewees went down my reseme and asked me to discuss each item in detail

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm in June 2013.

Interview

I just took an interview with the Head of HR and the process was fairly laid back. No questions were to serious or stunning. One of the questions I remember was, " what plans do you have in 5 years?" I told them management and they seemed to like it.

I felt like I wanted to explore the job market more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at State Farm (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied at a local office. I was first emailed to come in for an interview. It was not an interview but test given. Background check and credit check forms to fill out. After I was done with all of the written test they had I was then asked back for an second interview. The second interview was with the agent of the office. He was straight forward in what the job was and his expectations. Interview questions were basic. After the interview he sent off my info for the background check and credit check. Got a call about a week and I was hired!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm in August 2010.

Interview

I had to take a personality and skills test on the computer after the one on one interview. The lady loved me then I take the test and failed due to not passing the part about customer service. I feel that the test was unfair because I totally feel I have customer service skills. I have over 18 years real estate experience and I am licensed as an insurance agent in Property/Casualty, Life, Acdident and Health. I definitely know customer service. With being in real estate for so many years, I have been over almost backwards and gone out of my way to please folks. I think companies that have such test miss out on some good candidates that would of been a great asset to their company. I would like to know who actually makes these sort of test up, they obviously have a different personality than poor ole me. I have got on with a good insurance company and have been doing great and have been receiving great reviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a disagreement with a customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle someone that just walked in and you had to go?   1 Answer