State Farm Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm (Pearland, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and professional. They did a great job asking good questions. I had to take a personality test to determine my sales style. I would say it was accurate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with the opportunity to try the job to see if it was something that I wanted to do. Had me call on existing customers to see if I was a good sales person over the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sachse, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Sachse, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

15 minutes of questions about the company and my sales intern experience...wanted to know how my past employers saw me, what was my last job rank, how did i see a salesman, do i like helping people not just shoving a company down someones throat, etc

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at State Farm (Gardena, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and pleasant. However it is to become a sales person so it was more of a pitch from Farmers to sell for them. The first couple months (until you meet a quota) is commission based. But essentially can be making a lot of money if you are a persuasive person.

Interview Questions

• They will ask how good you are with people and selling through various methods, including cold calling.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Farm in August 2014.

Interview

Received e-mail, then call from a head hunter. Call lasted half hour, general chit-chat. When to store front met with Owner. Explained vision of the store, and what was expected. After our interview again hour an hour forty-five minutes, follow up with crew. Like that is was extremely important that all employees had to get along and have a good vibe. Went in for that interview. Again, I thought it went well until we hit a snag. I asked about snow days. Apparently that is the one day most needed in the office. That ended the interview process. In good faith I could not promise I could make it during a snow storm.

Interview Questions

• None, very positive friendly. You would have to pass all the exams before you would become a full fledge member of the organization.   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Interview

professional attire took 3 interviews. How yow you work in a team what your goals are. Give examples of a time when you had to sell something. As well as how do work under pressure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Submitted my Resume and Cover Letter to one of the recruiters. I received immediate response on how to properly apply. I scheduled a phone interview within the next week and was hired a week later

Interview Questions

• When have you worked as a team and had to persuade your team mates to do things your way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Three phone interviews, the expected process; also had to fill in a test consisting of math and chart-interpretation questions. It was moderately easy. I wish all employers would be as courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

Found another job; did not want to specialize in insurance as much as in the other profession

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm (Dayton, OH).

Interview

Individual interview process by Agency Owner.

Interview Questions

• What was the best part of your High School experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Several emails went sent back and forth from the initial offer and acceptance.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at State Farm (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Starting off with a phone-interview, the agent will call the interested party and have an ask them about their past work experience. Afterwards, if you qualify after the phone interview, they will call you in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview would be the final interview and you basically go through a behavioral test with the branch sales manager.