State Farm

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – professional attire took 3 interviews. How yow you work in a team what your goals are. Give examples of a time when you had to sell something. As well as how do work under pressure.

Interview Question – pretty standard   Answer Question

West Covina, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed twice. During the first interview I was asked to provide a list of 50 family and friends I could sell insurance products to. At the second interview, it was a follow-up as to whether or not I contacted anyone and their responses.

Interview Question – Why did I want to work for State Farm insurance.   View Answer

Tempe, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Submitted my Resume and Cover Letter to one of the recruiters. I received immediate response on how to properly apply. I scheduled a phone interview within the next week and was hired a week later

Interview Question – When have you worked as a team and had to persuade your team mates to do things your way?   Answer Question

Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Individual interview process by Agency Owner.

Interview Question – What was the best part of your High School experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Several emails went sent back and forth from the initial offer and acceptance.

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm in June 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted San francisco State Farm agent and set up an interview as he needed an employee. Met with Agent along with a Commercial sales representative from the company. After one interview and started the job about a week later

Interview Question – No real hardballs in this interview   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Interview Details – Starting off with a phone-interview, the agent will call the interested party and have an ask them about their past work experience. Afterwards, if you qualify after the phone interview, they will call you in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview would be the final interview and you basically go through a behavioral test with the branch sales manager.

Interview Question – What was the reason for resigning from your last job?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online

Received email to take two tests. One personality test, and a fast quiz similar to IQ tests. Don't rush and guess. Take your time and answer correctly.

Phone Interview with Agent Manager.

1:1 Interview. Mine was 2 hours long.

Interview Question – Answer these percentage questions. (ASKS ME 30 OF THEM)   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – You will be asked why you want to work for them and why is insurance important to you. My agent asked about time an attendance and my sales history. How did your employer measure your sales and productivity? Also how you deal with difficult customers.

Interview Question – when you wanted to get your license? before you started working or start working and get your license? You want to do it before you start. It will make everything much easier.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they gave me a base salary amount. They mentioned commissions but did not say what they paid for commissions. You should ask about when you will be eligibe for an increase in pay. Ask how many attempts you get, to pass the insurance test. How long you have to study and if you have to have both Life & Health & P &C or just one.

Sugar Land, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in September 2012.

Interview Details – in person resume - call back - requested apply online - phone interview - in person application - in office interview - assesment test - background check - job offer

Interview Question – What is your worst weakness?   Answer Question

Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at State Farm in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact was by telephone and email. I had two interviews, the first with HR which was a pretty basic sanity check interview. At the same time there was a basic computer skills test measuring typing speed and accuracy, etc. The second interview was more involved, with questions about sales experience and customer service experience. Expect what-if scenarios and 'give me an example of a time when you..' type questions.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation of wages, they had a set pay.

Interviews for Top Jobs at State Farm

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at State Farm Insurance Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by State Farm employees and interview candidates.