State Farm

Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at State Farm in August 2014.

Received e-mail, then call from a head hunter. Call lasted half hour, general chit-chat. When to store front met with Owner. Explained vision of the store, and what was expected. After our interview again hour an hour forty-five minutes, follow up with crew. Like that is was extremely important that all employees had to get along and have a good vibe. Went in for that interview. Again, I thought it went well until we hit a snag. I asked about snow days. Apparently that is the one day most needed in the office. That ended the interview process. In good faith I could not promise I could make it during a snow storm.

Interview Questions
  • None, very positive friendly. You would have to pass all the exams before you would become a full fledge member of the organization.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

professional attire took 3 interviews. How yow you work in a team what your goals are. Give examples of a time when you had to sell something. As well as how do work under pressure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Submitted my Resume and Cover Letter to one of the recruiters. I received immediate response on how to properly apply. I scheduled a phone interview within the next week and was hired a week later

Interview Questions
    • When have you worked as a team and had to persuade your team mates to do things your way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Three phone interviews, the expected process; also had to fill in a test consisting of math and chart-interpretation questions. It was moderately easy. I wish all employers would be as courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

Found another job; did not want to specialize in insurance as much as in the other profession

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

Individual interview process by Agency Owner.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best part of your High School experience?   View Answer
    Several emails went sent back and forth from the initial offer and acceptance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Starting off with a phone-interview, the agent will call the interested party and have an ask them about their past work experience. Afterwards, if you qualify after the phone interview, they will call you in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview would be the final interview and you basically go through a behavioral test with the branch sales manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

You will be asked why you want to work for them and why is insurance important to you. My agent asked about time an attendance and my sales history. How did your employer measure your sales and productivity? Also how you deal with difficult customers.

Interview Questions
    • when you wanted to get your license? before you started working or start working and get your license? You want to do it before you start. It will make everything much easier.   View Answer
    they gave me a base salary amount. They mentioned commissions but did not say what they paid for commissions. You should ask about when you will be eligibe for an increase in pay. Ask how many attempts you get, to pass the insurance test. How long you have to study and if you have to have both Life & Health & P &C or just one.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Farm in July 2013.

Applied online

Received email to take two tests. One personality test, and a fast quiz similar to IQ tests. Don't rush and guess. Take your time and answer correctly.

Phone Interview with Agent Manager.

1:1 Interview. Mine was 2 hours long.

Interview Questions
    • Answer these percentage questions. (ASKS ME 30 OF THEM)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm in November 2012.

Initial contact was by telephone and email. I had two interviews, the first with HR which was a pretty basic sanity check interview. At the same time there was a basic computer skills test measuring typing speed and accuracy, etc. The second interview was more involved, with questions about sales experience and customer service experience. Expect what-if scenarios and 'give me an example of a time when you..' type questions.

There was no negotiation of wages, they had a set pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Farm in October 2012.

Simple questions in the phone interview. Where do you want to be in 5 years etc...

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. All the most common questions.   Answer Question