State Farm Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.9

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in April 2014.

Three phone interviews, the expected process; also had to fill in a test consisting of math and chart-interpretation questions. It was moderately easy. I wish all employers would be as courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

Found another job; did not want to specialize in insurance as much as in the other profession

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in September 2010.

if working for an agency - 1 initial interview, second interview would be conducted to explain compensation and sign a disclosure for a background check. you will also be required to pass state exams for licensing.

not much to be negotiated.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

professional attire took 3 interviews. How yow you work in a team what your goals are. Give examples of a time when you had to sell something. As well as how do work under pressure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Covina, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm in March 2010.

I was interviewed twice. During the first interview I was asked to provide a list of 50 family and friends I could sell insurance products to. At the second interview, it was a follow-up as to whether or not I contacted anyone and their responses.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work for State Farm insurance.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Submitted my Resume and Cover Letter to one of the recruiters. I received immediate response on how to properly apply. I scheduled a phone interview within the next week and was hired a week later

Interview Questions
    • When have you worked as a team and had to persuade your team mates to do things your way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Individual interview process by Agency Owner.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best part of your High School experience?   View Answer
    Several emails went sent back and forth from the initial offer and acceptance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at State Farm in June 2010.

Contacted San francisco State Farm agent and set up an interview as he needed an employee. Met with Agent along with a Commercial sales representative from the company. After one interview and started the job about a week later

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in January 2014.

Starting off with a phone-interview, the agent will call the interested party and have an ask them about their past work experience. Afterwards, if you qualify after the phone interview, they will call you in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview would be the final interview and you basically go through a behavioral test with the branch sales manager.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in July 2013.

Applied online

Received email to take two tests. One personality test, and a fast quiz similar to IQ tests. Don't rush and guess. Take your time and answer correctly.

Phone Interview with Agent Manager.

1:1 Interview. Mine was 2 hours long.

Interview Questions
    • Answer these percentage questions. (ASKS ME 30 OF THEM)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

You will be asked why you want to work for them and why is insurance important to you. My agent asked about time an attendance and my sales history. How did your employer measure your sales and productivity? Also how you deal with difficult customers.

Interview Questions
    • when you wanted to get your license? before you started working or start working and get your license? You want to do it before you start. It will make everything much easier.   View Answer
    they gave me a base salary amount. They mentioned commissions but did not say what they paid for commissions. You should ask about when you will be eligibe for an increase in pay. Ask how many attempts you get, to pass the insurance test. How long you have to study and if you have to have both Life & Health & P &C or just one.

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!