State Farm Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.9

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Farm in October 2012.

Simple questions in the phone interview. Where do you want to be in 5 years etc...

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions. All the most common questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Farm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Farm in September 2012.

in person resume - call back - requested apply online - phone interview - in person application - in office interview - assesment test - background check - job offer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

professional attire took 3 interviews. How yow you work in a team what your goals are. Give examples of a time when you had to sell something. As well as how do work under pressure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm.

You will be asked why you want to work for them and why is insurance important to you. My agent asked about time an attendance and my sales history. How did your employer measure your sales and productivity? Also how you deal with difficult customers.

Interview Questions
    • when you wanted to get your license? before you started working or start working and get your license? You want to do it before you start. It will make everything much easier.   View Answer
    they gave me a base salary amount. They mentioned commissions but did not say what they paid for commissions. You should ask about when you will be eligibe for an increase in pay. Ask how many attempts you get, to pass the insurance test. How long you have to study and if you have to have both Life & Health & P &C or just one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at State Farm in November 2012.

Initial contact was by telephone and email. I had two interviews, the first with HR which was a pretty basic sanity check interview. At the same time there was a basic computer skills test measuring typing speed and accuracy, etc. The second interview was more involved, with questions about sales experience and customer service experience. Expect what-if scenarios and 'give me an example of a time when you..' type questions.

There was no negotiation of wages, they had a set pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at State Farm in September 2010.

if working for an agency - 1 initial interview, second interview would be conducted to explain compensation and sign a disclosure for a background check. you will also be required to pass state exams for licensing.

not much to be negotiated.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm.

Was referred to an agent from a friend who was looking for sales people, interview process was pretty easy just a couple behavioral interview questions, nothing out of the norm.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a manager   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hallandale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hallandale, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at State Farm in May 2012.

Overall the Interview process was extensive. It involved taking an online assessment first. If you move forward then you go in to interview with the Agent. If that is successful you are required to take another online test provided through State Farm. Once you successfully complete that as well as the background and reference check then you may be hired. Please keep in mind that every State Farm Agent has their own hiring practices besides what is required by State Farm.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult... your standard basic interview questions (e.g. why should I hire you?)   Answer Question
    No negotiations. The Agent lets you know the starting salary and commission levels and you decide whether you accept or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballston Spa, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballston Spa, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at State Farm in June 2008.

I became aware of the opportunity via a career services posting and though I'd try my hand in it. My prep mainly consisted of familiarizing myself with the website, learning about the various products offered, the qualifications not only for the position I was interviewing for, but also for the positions that were above mine.

Advice would be to prepare for behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most challenging situation you've been in and how you reacted   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at State Farm in May 2012.

I applied for the position through Careerbuilder.com. I had a phone interview. Then, I was asked to complete a Math/Verbal Aptitude Assessment (Timed, 12 minutes) and a Personality Traits and Workplace Perferences test. Finally, I had an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is the next number in the sequence 9, 16, 24, 33?
      A) 40 B) 41 C) 42 D) 43