State Farm

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in October 2012.

Interview Details – Simple questions in the phone interview. Where do you want to be in 5 years etc...

Interview Question – No difficult questions. All the most common questions.   Answer Question

Sugar Land, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in September 2012.

Interview Details – in person resume - call back - requested apply online - phone interview - in person application - in office interview - assesment test - background check - job offer

Interview Question – What is your worst weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at State Farm

Interview Details – professional attire took 3 interviews. How yow you work in a team what your goals are. Give examples of a time when you had to sell something. As well as how do work under pressure.

Interview Question – pretty standard   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Columbia, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – You will be asked why you want to work for them and why is insurance important to you. My agent asked about time an attendance and my sales history. How did your employer measure your sales and productivity? Also how you deal with difficult customers.

Interview Question – when you wanted to get your license? before you started working or start working and get your license? You want to do it before you start. It will make everything much easier.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they gave me a base salary amount. They mentioned commissions but did not say what they paid for commissions. You should ask about when you will be eligibe for an increase in pay. Ask how many attempts you get, to pass the insurance test. How long you have to study and if you have to have both Life & Health & P &C or just one.

Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at State Farm in November 2012.

Interview Details – Initial contact was by telephone and email. I had two interviews, the first with HR which was a pretty basic sanity check interview. At the same time there was a basic computer skills test measuring typing speed and accuracy, etc. The second interview was more involved, with questions about sales experience and customer service experience. Expect what-if scenarios and 'give me an example of a time when you..' type questions.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation of wages, they had a set pay.

Rego Park, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at State Farm in September 2010.

Interview Details – if working for an agency - 1 initial interview, second interview would be conducted to explain compensation and sign a disclosure for a background check. you will also be required to pass state exams for licensing.

Negotiation Details – not much to be negotiated.

Insurance Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at State Farm.

Interview Details – Was referred to an agent from a friend who was looking for sales people, interview process was pretty easy just a couple behavioral interview questions, nothing out of the norm.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a manager   Answer Question

Hallandale, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at State Farm in May 2012.

Interview Details – Overall the Interview process was extensive. It involved taking an online assessment first. If you move forward then you go in to interview with the Agent. If that is successful you are required to take another online test provided through State Farm. Once you successfully complete that as well as the background and reference check then you may be hired. Please keep in mind that every State Farm Agent has their own hiring practices besides what is required by State Farm.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult... your standard basic interview questions (e.g. why should I hire you?)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The Agent lets you know the starting salary and commission levels and you decide whether you accept or not.

Ballston Spa, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at State Farm in June 2008.

Interview Details – I became aware of the opportunity via a career services posting and though I'd try my hand in it. My prep mainly consisted of familiarizing myself with the website, learning about the various products offered, the qualifications not only for the position I was interviewing for, but also for the positions that were above mine.

Advice would be to prepare for behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe the most challenging situation you've been in and how you reacted   Answer Question

Huntersville, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at State Farm in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position through Careerbuilder.com. I had a phone interview. Then, I was asked to complete a Math/Verbal Aptitude Assessment (Timed, 12 minutes) and a Personality Traits and Workplace Perferences test. Finally, I had an in person interview.

Interview Question – What is the next number in the sequence 9, 16, 24, 33?
A) 40 B) 41 C) 42 D) 43
  View Answer

Worked for State Farm? Contribute to the Community!